Page 207 of 280 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2797

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 207

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    when you mix the cream cheese and nut butter together in about equal parts it kind of whips up (I use a fork and just a small dish) almost moose like. I add stevia cause I am usually craving a sweet treat, but it doesn't need it.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Off to fiddle with my MFP totals to see if that fits, lol.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

primaLeaf is offline Senior Member
    hey pebbles, curious whether P & V were especially concerned with sodium in particular or the general depletion of electrolytes. i've noticed that when i start to feel a little off coconut water seems to help a lot. it has minimal amounts of sodium and magnesium, but the dominant one is potassium. i wonder if it has something to do with the consequential potassium depletion discussed in the article being fixed or if its more to do with reestablishing electrolyte balance as a whole. thoughts?
    SW: 170.6
    GW: ABS

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Someone on Facebook recommended almond butter, butter, and coconut oil melted and mixed, then refrigerated to harden. Going to try it tonight. Going to do 1 part of each.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primaLeaf View Post
    hey pebbles, curious whether P & V were especially concerned with sodium in particular or the general depletion of electrolytes. i've noticed that when i start to feel a little off coconut water seems to help a lot. it has minimal amounts of sodium and magnesium, but the dominant one is potassium. i wonder if it has something to do with the consequential potassium depletion discussed in the article being fixed or if its more to do with reestablishing electrolyte balance as a whole. thoughts?
    The way I read what they are saying, is that your body will begin to steal potassium from your muscles as a reaction to the rapid loss of sodium. So it makes sense that the influx of potassium from the coconut water would make you feel better. The best bet would be to keep sodium levels up thereby keeping potassium levels up in the first place.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    The way I read what they are saying, is that your body will begin to steal potassium from your muscles as a reaction to the rapid loss of sodium. So it makes sense that the influx of potassium from the coconut water would make you feel better. The best bet would be to keep sodium levels up thereby keeping potassium levels up in the first place.
    What is the best brand or way to get coconut water?

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    doesn't coconut water generally have sugar/reasonably high carbs?

primaLeaf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    15g in the Zico tetrapak so yes, one has to carb budget accordingly.
    SW: 170.6
    GW: ABS

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I don't know. I was interested in balancing electrolytes. I like to use bullion to increase sodium (for leg cramps) but I don't like the water retention that comes with it.

Bifcus is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    Thanks both for confirming what I already thought. I shall ask for the burger with no bun & some salad & take my own dressing
    Sorry I am late with this - different timezone I suspect.

Ddraig, You might want to ring the venue in advance and check. In my part of the world a homemade hamburger would still typically contain breadcrumbs used as a binder. Even if it didn't, they may well have used a commercial herb mix with additives, or their special secret flavouring may be a bit of soy sauce, or it arrives topped with their house special - beer fried onions.

I can't do gluten, so in your situation I would either pay for the steak myself or take a meal with me. Steak and salad (no dressing, no marinade, no sauce, no chips) is the only thing I will eat prepared by others. Turning up with a meal in a container only feels awkward the first time, I do it regularly and you just to use a bit of chutzpah. Remember, it is your company that people want. The other trick is letting the host know, and turning up after the main meal has been eaten, so you can eat at home beforehand.