Page 206 of 280 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2797

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 206

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I need a fat bomb that is sweetener free. I'm doing a 21 day sugar detox right now and can't have the sugar - stevia is also a no-go. Any suggested fat bombs?
    I'm interested in this as well. I was so a desperate couple of weeks ago that I just ate a hunk of butter. I've been trying to think of something else and the only thing I can think of is mixing coconut oil and butter, but there MUST be something better without a sweetener.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    mono-sodium glutamate. If I remember correctly, it's a neurotoxin. It's used to enhance the flavor of things - used in soups, added to steaks in steakhouses, chinese food, etc.
    Thx now i remember why i went primal sounds horrific

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    I'm interested in this as well. I was so a desperate couple of weeks ago that I just ate a hunk of butter. I've been trying to think of something else and the only thing I can think of is mixing coconut oil and butter, but there MUST be something better without a sweetener.
    Could you use coco powder? I just eat the butter on its own but the coco powder i use has no sugar in it (9 days to go and i will have been sugar free for a year - the odd bar of 90% choc).

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    This was the first day in about 2 weeks I've worked out and OMG, I could definitely tell a difference in my lifting ability. I was still using the same weights I always have (12 pound dumbbells) but they were so much lighter? I ended up increasing my reps and the slowed down the moves and got a killer workout in. Felt good, real good.
    It is amazing how much recovery you can get when you take a break.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    If it still bothers you, I get HerbOx powder (in packets) which is MSG free, but they add disodium glutamate, which is essentially the same thing as MSG.
    Sort of seems you can't win for losing.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    All I can think of is butter and coconut oil too! lol

If I wasn't doing the 21 day sugar detox, I wouldn't be worried about a tiny amount of honey or what-not.

There are a few recipes in the fat fast cookbook, but everything calls for sweetener and I can't imagine it without. Maybe the items that have almond butter would be ok without sweetener. I'll have to experiment, I guess.

It's rough b/c we can't even have fruit on the 21 day deal so batty's blueberry butter balls are out too...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    Sort of seems you can't win for losing.
    Homemade broth is the only other option - but you'd have to salt it pretty good to get the electrolytes you'd need to recover from the carb flu.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    Could you use coco powder? I just eat the butter on its own but the coco powder i use has no sugar in it (9 days to go and i will have been sugar free for a year - the odd bar of 90% choc).
    Yes, I did do this with some unsweetened coconut flakes...it was butter, unsweetened coconut flakes and a little unsweetened cocoa powder and I think a little coconut manna. I just put that all in a little ramikin and nuked it in the microwave. What I should have done was nuked the butter and manna first, lol. I see some people put in nut butters as well. I was looking for just fat with not much protein at the time, but I may also try adding in a little almond butter.

Oh, and I meant to say congratulations on 1 year sugar-free!!! That is an accomplishment!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    For adding fat, I would just put butter and oil (I use mct) in a cup of coffee or tea. What about avocado with mayo and salt. Butter in a cup of broth. You could mix cream cheese mixed equal parts with almond butter (or any nut butter) it makes a pretty good pudding like consistency and doesn't need sweetener. I don't care for cocoa powder left unsweetened, but carob powder is a bit easier for me to do for some reason, you could add a hint of that for depth of flavor.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    You could mix cream cheese mixed equal parts with almond butter (or any nut butter) it makes a pretty good pudding like consistency and doesn't need sweetener. I don't care for cocoa powder left unsweetened, but carob powder is a bit easier for me to do for some reason, you could add a hint of that for depth of flavor.
    I was craving that broth last night, lol. I wasn't hungry so I didn't have it, but the next time I need fat, I'll do that. I'm also going to try the cream cheese and almond butter...that sounds great and I just happened to buy some cream cheese this week.