Page 203 of 282 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 203

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    I have been invited out to dinner in a couple of weeks time. I have just checked the menu - not good. The only 'meat only' option is steak & as someone else is paying I wont be ordering that (over here steak is the expensive option) . So that leaves me with home made beefburger or home made mushroom stroganoff? Any thoughts either way?

I asked this a couple of days ago but I guess it got lost in the chatter. I am leaning towards the beefburger as it is home made & I guess less likely to have bad things in it than the possible terrible fats in the stroganoff. I guess it would be easier to track too

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I asked this a couple of days ago but I guess it got lost in the chatter. I am leaning towards the beefburger as it is home made & I guess less likely to have bad things in it than the possible terrible fats in the stroganoff. I guess it would be easier to track too
    It will be a whole lot easier to take the burger off of the bun than to try to eat around the noodles in the stroganoff. Just be careful about your sides (if your restaurants do that).

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    +1 I was thinking burger too.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    I usually salt my food pretty heavily. Last year at my annual check-up, I told my doctor that I was having dizziness, even while sitting down. They had taken my blood pressure when I first was put into the exam room (as they usually do), and my blood pressure was it's normal low. (I have low blood pressure.) She told me to call her the next time I had a dizzy spell. As it happened, while I was in the room, it happened. She took my blood pressure again and it had dropped from when I first went in. She had me stand and it dropped further. She asked me about my sodium intake and I realized that I had been trying to cut back for the couple of months before my check-up, so she said I should increase it again. HA, lol.

Last night I was actually craving chicken broth with coconut oil. I ended up not having any because I just wasn't hungry, but I peed a lot yesterday and I bet that was my body telling me I needed sodium.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    It will be a whole lot easier to take the burger off of the bun than to try to eat around the noodles in the stroganoff. Just be careful about your sides (if your restaurants do that).
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    +1 I was thinking burger too.
    Thanks both for confirming what I already thought. I shall ask for the burger with no bun & some salad & take my own dressing

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Today feels like a good day. Enjoy my mini vacation before I start my new job. Going to a start a gym membership for my husband and I today and go workout. Just had my bpc coffee and beef bone broth with bouillon. Working on getting a bit more water in me before I begin my workout.
    Georgette

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I've been reading about low sodium levels this morning and it can also be caused by drinking too much water.

Oh, so much we have to think about that our ancestors didn't.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Thanks both for confirming what I already thought. I shall ask for the burger with no bun & some salad & take my own dressing
    just an fyi, in case you forget your dressing, you could always ask for vinegar and oil, and usually something like a blue cheese dressing will be relatively safe for every once in a while. I know that there is a probability that they use less than desirable oil sources, but the rare occasion is not going to do that much damage. Also watch out for the condiments on the burger, that is where you will often find hidden sugar.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I Know I drink a lot of water. Anywhere between 80-120 oz a day. Interesting.
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi all. Not caught up yet, but too anxious to read through all the new posts - 8 pages of them. Oy!

I'm starting fresh today. I'm doubling up - 21 day sugar detox and EMF. I have no obstacles to worry about until March 30th (my grandmother's 75th birthday) and the obstacle there is going to be grain free cake (my aunt has jumped on the gluten free approach as well so I shared with her the gluten free cake mixes out there. She plans to make one for the party). Anyhow, that's almost a month away at this point, so I have plent of time to regain control.

Need to read through the Fat Fast cookbook to see what kind of things I can use to boost fat.

Also, posted in the recipe group an eBook with low carb breakfast ideas in it. I got it for $5.99 after using a discount code you can find on the site. The book looks pretty good, but I haven't scrutinized it yet. The problem with eBook is that you can't scrutinize them before buying them, like you can if you go to a Barnes and Noble and buy a hardcover book... that's my only complaint regarding ebooks... there's no review period.

Anyhow, wishing everyone a great start to the week.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)