Page 200 of 281 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2806

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 200

OzK
    OzK is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Friday night, I had a bit of a hiccup as it were. Went from an emotional high to an emotional low of 0-60 flat. Came home from work wanting a real pizza and by God, I did. I ate about half a small pizza myself and I swear, I felt like I wanted to die after eating it. I'm actually grateful it happened that way, otherwise, I would have at the damn. I've been fighting this low ever since and I kind of feel like F the world right now. I gained 5 pounds from that mishap. My goal is to eat as clean as possible over this week. I would like to be back at 199 by Wednesday as that is my 37th birthday.
    Never mind! It's a journey. You misstepped and twisted your ankle a bit. But it won't stop you!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OzK View Post
    Never mind! It's a journey. You misstepped and twisted your ankle a bit. But it won't stop you!
    If my stomach wouldn't have started hurting, I would probably still be stuffing my face. Stupid emotions.
    Georgette

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I think we had a discussion about LCHF and hair shedding not long ago, or it might have been a separate thread. Today when I washed my hair, after 2 weeks since the previous time, I lost next to no hair. My 6 month shed is ended!

I attribute it to the fat. Feet still soft too.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    If my stomach wouldn't have started hurting, I would probably still be stuffing my face. Stupid emotions.
    Yup, that is what got me off of pizza, too.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I love the pizza casserole so much it has not occurred to me (yet) to go after pizza, but it was never one of my trigger foods. Out of the fridge, I turned the casserole over and ate it out of hand as I had put enough cheese on top to end up being the crust when I flipped it. It is so very rare to get a perfect piece of pizza I am not willing to waste calories to chance it cause once I start I can't stop.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I think we had a discussion about LCHF and hair shedding not long ago, or it might have been a separate thread. Today when I washed my hair, after 2 weeks since the previous time, I lost next to no hair. My 6 month shed is ended!
    I attribute it to the fat. Feet still soft too.
    I think that was a different thread, but I read it too.
    In 2004, I went on a doctor supervised Optifast diet (about 400-500 calories a day and lost 70+ pounds in about 9 months). I mentioned to the doc about 2 months in that I was loosing a lot of hair (I had long hair then, and it seemed to be coming out in clumps). If I recall correctly, he said it was a reaction to the starvation, and recommended Zinc. I started supplementing and a little while later, the loss slowed down.

In the last few years I've kept my hair very, very short, so it would be hard to notice if it was shedding more. But I started growing it out last fall, and ever since starting LCHF, I've been noticing the comb has many more strands than usual. I am going to add a small amount of Zinc to my mineral regimine (potassium, magnesium, calcium).
    I hope this information helps. I don't have any links to include, but you can Google Zinc and hair loss, and check it out.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Would someone remind me again about the name of the Atkins book that covers Low Carb, High Fat?

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I didn't know he ever mentioned high fat?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I think all of the books suggest it when they say not to restrict fat, because it is satisfying. But I don't think any of them get into LCHF as being a basic principle of the diet.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I think all of the books suggest it when they say not to restrict fat, because it is satisfying. But I don't think any of them get into LCHF as being a basic principle of the diet.
    It's called something like "A New Diet for a New You". That may be all wrong but it was mentioned in relation to low carb, high fat.