Page 199 of 280 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2797

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 199

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am noticing that I wake up and feel well rested within about 5 minutes (I HATE getting out of bed), the length of time I sleep has been bouncing between about 6.5 hours and 8.5 hours, averaging about 7 to 7.5 hours. Also the number of times I wake during the night has been bouncing from 2 to 5 and usually is 3 wake-ups a night. But I definitely am feeling like I am getting enough rest.

I have been posting details of my weight loss and macros and ketostix in my journal. I will start doing the blood monitoring probably on Thursday or Friday. Not sure if I will do it daily or weekly yet.

I don't know what happened, but I had gained 5 pounds in the 5 weeks from mid-January to the end of February, but have now lost that back-while on TOM. go figure.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    So to day I reached my first mini Goal 170 lb (12st2 - we weigh in stones here in the UK) This means I have lost 20% of my body weight since I started Low Carb March 13 last year. I am 3/5 of the way there.

Next mini goal is 167lb which will put me 30lb from my HSIS weight & in a new stone zone (NSZ) which is an important psychological barrier for me (I always stall for weeks before entering a NSZ). Hopefully by continuing with my n=1 experiment this wont happen this time.
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 03-03-2013 at 06:03 AM. Reason: clarification

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    congrats! Use PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) to get past it, your body doesn't know the numbers, you can do it!!!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    So to day I reached my first mini Goal – 170 lb (12st2 - we weigh in stones here in the UK) This means I have lost 20% of my body weight since I started Low Carb March 13 last year. I am 3/5 of the way there.

Next mini goal is 167lb which will put me 30lb from my HSIS weight & in a new stone zone (NSZ) which is an important psychological barrier for me (I always stall for weeks before entering a NSZ). Hopefully by continuing with my n=1 experiment this wont happen this time.
    awesome!! Happy dance
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    That is great! New Stone Zone...Love it!

I found this BF% calculator which is supposedly used by the US Navy so I guess it ought to be fairly accurate.

Body Fat Percentage - Free Body Fat Percentage Calculator
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I have a spreadsheet I found online that calculates BF% by Army standards.

To continue the discussion we were having back on pg 152 re BF calculators, I have been doing a bit more digging around.

The monitor I have been using which I thought was fairly accurate (gives similar results to the more expensive version used by the trainers at my old gym) is a biometrical impedance analysis (BIA) monitor. It seems that, like ketostix, they are horribly inaccurate because the amount of water you are carrying can drastically alter the numbers.

The UK Army calculator is similar to the US Navy calculator above except that it includes weight in the calculation.

So of the four methods available to me, my current BF% is:

BIA monitor: 40.7%
    US Navy calc: 30.21%
    UK Army calc: 29.9%
    US Army calc: 32.02%

Calc Mean (excl BIA): 30.71%

A visual check in the mirror is also supposed to be a good way to work out your BF% and comparing my body now to the pictures found at:

Body Fat Percentage Pictures of Men & Women - BuiltLean

I am definitely more 35% than 40%. So I will use the BIA monitor daily when I weigh to check I’m going downwards, but for my official periodic (every 4-5 weeks) weigh & measure sessions I will take a mean of the 3 calculations above & use that as my official BF%.

Hopefully when I get closer to a look that I am happy with I will be able to afford a DEX scan to further check the accuracy.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    I'm down 2 pounds since yesterday, lol. Yay. I've got my chicken thigh/leg combos already roasted and the legs are in now. I'll boil up some eggs a bit later.

I got in the mood for some fun last night, but since it was late, fun was what I could find in the house--popped in a Wii game and did some bowling for awhile, lol.

Today's fun is going to be my walk. I've decided to make it more fun than exercise today. I may also skip Starbuck's today, though yesterday I just had them put heavy cream in my coffee. If I go I'll just have them do that.

I'm still feeling some appetite suppression today, so that's a good sign. I actually slept in until 4:00 a.m. today, which is great for me. I stayed in bed until 5, then wasn't really hungry but feeling slightly "empty" so just had coffee with cream and 1 raw coconut macaroon. I'm just now started to feel a bit empty again. Before my walk I plan to have some full fat yogurt with just a few organic blueberries.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    PS, I am reading Phinney and Volek's book "The art and science of low carb living". I will eventually share some insights here, but I think this is a must read for all of us EMFers.
    Oooh, I'll look for it. I FINALLY finished the PB last night, lol.

So to day I reached my first mini Goal – 170 lb
    Yay, fanstastic!!!!

Thanks for the link...I think I'm pretty close to what the army calculation has me and is close to the picture for that range.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    PS, I am reading Phinney and Volek's book "The art and science of low carb living". I will eventually share some insights here, but I think this is a must read for all of us EMFers.
    It's already on my 'to get' list . I thought their 'art and science of low carb performance' was awesome. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Friday night, I had a bit of a hiccup as it were. Went from an emotional high to an emotional low of 0-60 flat. Came home from work wanting a real pizza and by God, I did. I ate about half a small pizza myself and I swear, I felt like I wanted to die after eating it. I'm actually grateful it happened that way, otherwise, I would have at the damn. I've been fighting this low ever since and I kind of feel like F the world right now. I gained 5 pounds from that mishap. My goal is to eat as clean as possible over this week. I would like to be back at 199 by Wednesday as that is my 37th birthday.

OzK
    OzK is offline Member
    Well, I woke up this morning and I wasn't hungry. I've been awake a few hours and I'm still not hungry. THis is a new one for me. I've had my broth with CO, but not interested in food yet. Have some errands to run, so could be I'll do a brunch today. No working out this morning because yesterday morning I made a discovery -- housework is hazardous to your health! Was cleaning the pantry, stepped down off the small ladder, it half folded, we both slipped and I pulled a calf muscle. Lots of Voltaren cream has nipped trouble in the bud but I'm playing it safe. I might walk this pm if all day today I get no twinges.

Here's to a fabulous EMF week ahead!