Page 197 of 281 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2806

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 197

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    I have just checked back & found I have lost 10lb in my first month on EMF.
    Fantastic!!

OzK
    OzK is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Hey Folks.

This is the end of my first month on primal. Mostly I have stuck to EMF. I cannot believe it has gone this quickly. This is the first time in my life, changing my diet that I had no "bad days." Anyway, I have lost 18 pounds this month. I was afraid to weigh in this morning as I had some sushi yesterday, and I was just SURE the rice would make me put on water weight, well I guess it didn't.
    Amazing! That's real inspiration.

OzK
    OzK is offline Member
    Gigi - it sounds to me like your body is in a bit of a fog due to lots of different changes/approaches. Fwiw, I'd pick one system, say EMF/NK, and just sit with it for at least 12 weeks, until everything settles down. I certainly wouldn't be stressing it with really really low calories. Or just sit primal for 12 weeks, being a bit more liberal with quantities, until you find an even keel. I don't think you're helping yourself with all this chopping and changing.

Also, fwiw, when it comes to handling tempatation, I've found it really helpful to change the way I approach the issue. Instead of saying Oh, I can't have that because of xyz, I say, I don't eat that. Sugar, alcohol, pasta, ice cream, pizza - whatever the siren food is -- not I can't, because that implies I'm not in control and I'm being deprived. Just I don't. Because that puts me in the driver's seat, it's my choice, and I keep my power.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I like the "I don't" as opposed to" I can't". I also prefer to focus on what I can eat. Which with this plan is pretty freakin extravagant and rich and yummy.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I like the "I don't" as opposed to" I can't". I also prefer to focus on what I can eat. Which with this plan is pretty freakin extravagant and rich and yummy.
    Yep. Always "I don't... "
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    I don't it is from now on, then lol. I had a pretty good primal day overall. I had a minor setback when my avocado turned out to be rotten inside, but I found out that I actually CAN make it to dinner on just a small amount, lol.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I agree! I try to focus on the allowables rather than the opposite.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

BklynGirl is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Many of us are not eating low calorie. I aim for my BMR (1750-calories my body would burn in a coma), which is about 30% below my true calorie burn with exercise. I do not believe that people should eat below BMR, but some on here do. 1) If you calculate your macros for your goal weight based on the formula on the first page, it should give you a good amount of calories for your height. Choose a weight that is within a logical range for your height. I am 5'10. The low end of the range for me is 150, but I was skinny at 165 once upon a time so that is my goal. 2) Or you could figure out your BMR. and calculate your macros from that.

If you are aiming for ketosis, you need to keep your carbs below 50. Mine are actually below 20. Too much protein can also keep you out of ketosis. To much of either macro can also keep you hungry. Once you are solidly in ketosis, you should see the hunger go down. Make sure you are eating enough.

Good Luck.
    Wow, this thread moves fast! But if I can return to this response for a sec…

To be honest, eating at BMR does seem low calorie to me. My BMR is about 1550, and while there are certainly days when I eat around there, recently I've just been very hungry. I've been trying not to go over 1800 because that's a number I know has been comfortable in the past, but I don't think it's going to be sufficient for fat loss. I should say, though, that I'm a fairly active college student (walking around, to / from classes over a VERY hilly terrain a good bit each day), and I work out 5-6--usually 6--days a week. How much lower would your recommend I go?

Over the next couple of weeks I'm going to really try to get a lot of sleep and see if that changes anything. I know that when I don't sleep well I get hungrier the next day, and I want to see if sleep / stress may be a culprit. I also have spring break in a few weeks, so if when I go home and am way more relaxed I eat a lot less (which does tend to happen when I'm on vacation), I'll have something to think about.

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    coffee! I just realized I had coffee yesterday and today. This might explain my weight gain, bloated squishy feeling, and achy joints! I hope my weight drops back down in a day or two. I had forgotten coffee makes me feel bloated.

Thanks for all the kind words and wise suggestions. I actually did manage to do 20 minutes on my nordic track and some plank progressions with my daughter before it was time for her team practice. I felt so much better almost immediately. I always do when I exercise. It's just the mental crap that gets in the way of my getting started when I am in a funk.

She and I did have plans to go to the park hoping to meet some new friends (my hope, hers was to see her old friends) today but because we both have some type of respiratory thing going on it seemed better to skip the park today and wait until next week.

I am so impressed by the weight loss you guys are all experiencing. It's really amazing. Keep up all the good work it's inspiring.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    bg, What I was trying to say was that you shouldn't eat below your BMR. Why not try eating 10% below BM R plus activity to start. Once you have a calorie level, then figure out your macros.