Page 195 of 282 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 195

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Jenn, my general modus for those sorts of things is to carry a small fancy handbag that I have to hold (no strap and really too small-plus its beaded-to hold under my arm) in one hand and a diet drink of what ever sort they have in the other. No free hands for eating. If anyone asks did you try the ... I feign that I did or that I am allergic. I generally just don't eat at all. Unless it is a sit down-then well, all bets are off, except that it rarely tastes good enough for the calories and damage it will do, so I try to eat as little as possible.
    My plan is going to be to eat before I go. I have the Fat Fast Cookbook and will make something from that for lunch and then take a fatty sweet treat with me. The parties are buffet style deals. The one has a $5 all you can eat price tag. The other is a "hey, thanks for coming, fill your plate" kind of party. Usually loose meat sandwiches, chips, beans, etc.

I don't have a strapless purse. lol And even if I did, both parties are occuring at rural taverns, so a strapless purse would look a bit off... especially for me - a tshirts and jeans kind of gal.

you have a treadmill at work?
    I have a full fledged gym at work. When the employer expects the employees to be of a particular physical ability, they have to provide ample means for said employee to reach said state... too bad the cafeteria doesn't have to comply... But then again, I work on a military installation, so it's a bit different than most companies.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by GigiLaPatate View Post
    Then I went back to the naturopath one last time and he recommended strict calorie restriction (1200 calories per day) and also suggested HCG. The 1200 calories was completely impossible for me and I although I haven't ruled out HCG, I didn't want to give this guy any more of my money.
    A friend of mine does the HCG thing. She said the HCG helps keep the calories low. She does 500 calories a day on her program and has lost something like 65 lbs in less than a year.

As I said in an earlier post - I've made huge strides. I don't binge anymore and my out-of-control carb cravings have reduced to mostly controllable. My energy has improved, although still not as great as I would like. I run regularly on my lunch hour and a year ago I was so hypoglycemic on low carb I could not go for a run unless I ate carbs in the morning - now I have a pretty good run on a no-carb morning, although if I've been low carb for a couple of days I start to crash and don't have the energy for a run.

I've been convinced for quite some time that my hormones need help. I'm just so wary about spending money unless I know it's going to work. My doctor won't do any tests unless I'm in menopause. There's a clinic in town that has MDs working there and they specialize in hormone health. They charge $750 for a one year treatment plan, plus the cost of getting tests done ($200-$500), plus the costs of the bio-identical hormones. Ouch. I think I'm going to have to go for it though.

I will keep you posted, if (when?) I do.
    My thinking here is this. I too am a runner. Long distance runner (on a break to lose some more weight b/c running that far hurts my body at this weight). I have found that I run BETTER, FASTER, and more EASILY on the EMF... but, there's a HUGE caveat to that... you HAVE to finish the transition before running. If you run in a depleted glucose state and aren't yet in ketosis, running is HARD and once you're done, you're completley spent and craving carbs bad... at least, that's me. I have found that if I do EMF for a week or so, reach ketosis and THEN start running, running is amazing and I don't crave carbs afterwards.

Of course, right now, after having taken so much time off, I don't run far (3 miles a week or so in 1 mile increments as I'm building back up and don't want to get injured again) so your distance might make a difference.

My suggestion... jump back into EMF. Get your carbs down. And WAIT before you run. As a runner I know how hard this is. If you wait and get to ketosis, then start running again, you may find it's not as difficult as it is now. Just a suggestion. Take it or leave it. But it works for me.

Happy running!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Gigi, I have to say that you have done a lot in the past year. I think you need to seriously jump onto the EMF (or whatever you can stick to-if it isn't EMF, you could try the Smarter Science of Slim-which can be totally Primal but is kind of the opposite of EMF-it calls for lower fat, higher protein and LOTS of veggies-actually very good plan) and stick to it for at least 6 months. The body is just not going to do a turnaround with so many things changing so often.

Hormonally, we all have hormonal issues of one type or another. I think if you find a plan you can comfortably stick to, eventually those will take care of themselves.

I think that many of us, focused first on getting enough fat, then lowered carbs and then protein. If the fat isn't up there you are going to be hungry. Then bouillon or broth is going to be your best friend. Homemade bone broth is going to give you the nutrients you need so that your body isn't going to go looking for food.

Lastly, patience, it is going to take time. Slower loss will make it less likely to have lose skin when you are done.

How many pounds are you trying to lose?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I was pretty strict on it, but couldn't get my carbs below 50g.

I like it, but just can't get my carbs low for more than a few days in a row.
    What is it that keeps you from getting your carbs below 50g?

is anyone on here stephconduit on MFP? She asked to be friends and I like to know who my friends are.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    is anyone on here stephconduit on MFP? She asked to be friends and I like to know who my friends are.
    No clue who that is. Maybe she is just a random person?
    Georgette

I would message her and ask who she is.

I just completed the 2013 health assessment for our health insurance company... it is unhappy with my dietary fat consumption... surprise surprise. lol

My DH just went to the cardiologist and said that the nutritionist came in and was dumbfounded that he didn't know what he eats! She would be even more dumbfounded if he knew and told her! (I make him breakfast bars, he uses leftovers for lunch most days, and I am also notorious for hiding things they might not otherwise eat in the food I make).

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    I have gained 3.8 pounds since Tuesday morning with no significant change in eating habits other than adding in more greens and some broccoli. Got to love mother nature. I am thinking/hoping it is inflammation as I am getting sick again! I was sick last week and in January. This is getting old. I think EMF is causing me to miss out on some essential nutrients. Trying to convince myself to walk up stairs and get on my nordic track. For some reason I just don't feel up to it. I am tired despite sleeping through the night 11:30-6:00. Maybe I am just still feeling blue over my friend issues. I am bummed I am being dissed by the other ladies in our group. It sucks my daughter really likes their kids.