Page 194 of 282 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 194

calee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    My first month was a 13 pound loss. I have learned to really stray too far off the plan.

Next week I plan on adding in more exercise as I am not working. Also, on Wednesday, I plan on celebrating my birthday with a scoop of Jeni's ice cream. It's all natural, organic and its delicious. One scoop of that will do me well for a while. She's been featured on the Food Network and people from all over the country order her ice cream. I'd much rather have ice cream than cake.

Yum!

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I have told my husband that "a little bit " does hurt, so please understand when I say "No!"....that when getting back into ketosis there is a crisis at about 5 days to a week when my body will scream for carbs just before it changes over to fat burning. I have to make it past this hurdle.
    Good job! Yes, I definitely have the same issue with a little bit does hurt...once I get established I might be able to have a little bit, but not for the first few months, lol. I'm also going to keep in mind about ketosis because I think something similar happens to me. I still haven't got to ketosis yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Anyway, I have lost 18 pounds this month. I was afraid to weigh in this morning as I had some sushi yesterday, and I was just SURE the rice would make me put on water weight, well I guess it didn't.
    Adding my congratulations!!! 18 pounds is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    but I have lost another 2-3/4 inches! So I am pleased with that and am ready to tackle March. EMF continues.....
    Congratulations on the inches lost!

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    That's right, I'm in onederland. I cried when I saw the scale as I never thought I would see that number in my life. It probably would've been lower, but I had a bit of stress that lead to a few bad eating days. I'm back on track now.
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is a fantastic accomplishment!

~~~

Well, my macros still aren't right. I go grocery shopping tomorrow and I'm going to buy nothing but fat, lol. I cannot seem to get the protein down. Part of that is that I just don't have the right stuff in my freezer/fridge/cupboards. I am also sure that I'm not in ketosis and I do think that my carbs have been too high and my protein is definitely too high.

This week, I only bought ground beef for my work meals...I don't usually do that, I usually have egg salad, or hard boiled eggs or tuna salad or something like that, so I think I'll go back to that next week.

I started PB on February 1st, though did get derailed a bit in the middle of February when I attended my brother's funeral services. Most of it was mostly primal, but it was higher in carb content, and a few things weren't primal at all.

So for my first month on Primal, I actually gained .8 pounds. That's okay, it's a process. I know my calories are still over what I am currently burning, my protein is too high and I've been eating too many carbs to get into ketosis.

I also know that I need a better snacking option than I've been using, so I'll work on that too.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    252dlp, I'm sorry for your loss.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Copying from my journal:

So February wasn't that great of a month for me... Mid-month I went out to dinner with DH and another couple. I indulged. I gained 6 lbs. Remained derailed for the rest of that weight and gained 5 more lbs. Then lost 3 overnight, but gained 1 back... so I'm up 9 lbs for the month. Whoo freaking hoo...

I feel so crappy today. My belly is still bloated from the bloat bomb I ate yesterday. I know this food item is a bloat bomb, but I ate it anyway. Pants don't fit and that makes me very uncomfortable and, quite honestly, depressed. There was a time in February when they were too big...

Why is it so hard to get back on track when we've slipped?? What's really bothersome about it is that I was doing so so well! I lost 11 lbs in January! I lost inches in February - I could SEE the loss in the mirror. Then I let myself eat things that I knew would prevent success. And now, I need to get back on track, and I want to see success again, but I'm so discouraged by how I feel that I don't want to put the effort in.

Sometimes the brain sucks!

So, tomorrow night we are attending two fundraising parties. I totally don't want to go. There will be food there I don't want to face. But I am going to do what I can to avoid them. I'm going to start reading the Fat Fast Cookbook. Glean all the info out of it that I can, look at the recipes and get excited to try them. I will drink bouillon til it's flowing out of my ears. I will break this cycle and feel good again. I have to for my health, but more importantly, for my MENTAL health.

Day 1 folks... Another day 1... and with hard work and determination, it'll be my LAST Day 1.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Great successes for Feb! Watch out March!

I was doing great - and then stumbled on an apple pie! I've learned this: 1 peice of pie = 1 pound gained. So, I ended the month heavier than I started.

Today I'm starting fresh - lessons learned. I haven't had apple pie in over a year - so I should be good to go for another year. Not that apple pie is my only pitfall - but I've been craving it for months! I think its out of my system now. Next hurdle is the weekend alcohol habit. Thats my next demon to slay.

I bought ketostix - was showing a tad - but this morning "negative". bummed!!! Must get back into ketosis!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on all the losses and gains in knowledge. Learning about your body and metabolism is important to long term success, even though it kills in the short term.

January 28th I weighed 224.8, the whole month I have gone up and down between 223-232. I have experienced a loss finally this week. I am still struggling with lots of emotional binge eating and cheats, but I am learning and keep on working to get things steady.

January 28 224.8
    March 1 220
    Lost -4.8

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    252dlp-so very sorry for your loss.

Geo, I am so excited for you, almost as excited as I will be when I get there!

Congrats to everyone for their losses and to those of us who are sticking it out even without the losses.

Jenn, my general modus for those sorts of things is to carry a small fancy handbag that I have to hold (no strap and really too small-plus its beaded-to hold under my arm) in one hand and a diet drink of what ever sort they have in the other. No free hands for eating. If anyone asks did you try the ... I feign that I did or that I am allergic. I generally just don't eat at all. Unless it is a sit down-then well, all bets are off, except that it rarely tastes good enough for the calories and damage it will do, so I try to eat as little as possible.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Thank you Pebbles and Demuralist!

Count me as one who is starting fresh! I am determined to change things, so I jumped on the treadmill here at work for about 10 minutes earlier this morning, and just got back from a 20 minute walk on my lunch break (I only take 30 minutes).

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    you have a treadmill at work?

GigiLaPatate is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by OzK View Post
    Gigi, I'm so sorry you're having these struggles. It could well be that you're just one of those metabolisms that needs to fire up on a higher carb rate. We're all different and this is the home of n=1! The other problem you might be facing is thyroid. Mine went haywire a couple of years ago and played havoc with everything. Cold all the time, tired, hair falling out in handfuls. I was totally freaking. I reversed course with some vit/min supplements and all is hunky dory now. But it was a huge thing. Can you get a thyroid function blood panel done without any hassle?
    Thanks. I definitely think it some kind of hormone thing. I had my thyroid tested about a year ago at Dr. said it was in the normal range. Seriously over the past year I have made huge changes to my diet: First I went discoverd and went primal, then I tried the Jack Kruse leptin reset for about 3 or 4 months. I was pretty strict on it, but couldn't get my carbs below 50g. Although I felt better on it, I still wasn't losing weight. I went to a naturopath who gave me various chinese herbs, which made me feel better, and recommended a blood-type diet. I'm type A blood, which is mostly vegetarian (!!!). I decided to try it and I actually enjoyed eating beans and chickpeas again and lots of vegetables as well as fish and chicken.

All this time I neither gained nor lost a single pound, other than a few 2-3 lb fluctuations either way, but stayed stuck at 215.

Then I quit the naturopath and tried the Natasha Turner Hormone diet - I think all the supplements helped me but I gained weight because she recommends 6 meals/snacks per day. I didn't feel good on it either. Then I just gave up and ate whatever, still didn't gain or lose.

Then I went back to the naturopath one last time and he recommended strict calorie restriction (1200 calories per day) and also suggested HCG. The 1200 calories was completely impossible for me and I although I haven't ruled out HCG, I didn't want to give this guy any more of my money.

Then I gave up again. Just before Christmas, though, I got extremely sick with strep throat and lost 10lb because I could barely eat for 10 days. That gave me hope because I realized that I could actually lose weight if I got my calorie intake low enough. Strangely, I haven't gained any of that 10lb back, even after going back to my old eating habits. In January I felt inspired to come back to MDA and have been trying EMF. I like it, but just can't get my carbs low for more than a few days in a row.

As I said in an earlier post - I've made huge strides. I don't binge anymore and my out-of-control carb cravings have reduced to mostly controllable. My energy has improved, although still not as great as I would like. I run regularly on my lunch hour and a year ago I was so hypoglycemic on low carb I could not go for a run unless I ate carbs in the morning - now I have a pretty good run on a no-carb morning, although if I've been low carb for a couple of days I start to crash and don't have the energy for a run.

I've been convinced for quite some time that my hormones need help. I'm just so wary about spending money unless I know it's going to work. My doctor won't do any tests unless I'm in menopause. There's a clinic in town that has MDs working there and they specialize in hormone health. They charge $750 for a one year treatment plan, plus the cost of getting tests done ($200-$500), plus the costs of the bio-identical hormones. Ouch. I think I'm going to have to go for it though.

I will keep you posted, if (when?) I do.