Page 193 of 281 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2806

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 193

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Glad morning, Holy Cow!

B2B, I think inches lost actually says more than scale weight. Great Job!

Azure is offline Junior Member
    I've been watching this thread for a while and decided to try it out about three weeks ago. There have been a lot of days I've failed to get my fat high enough, but I've lost 12 lbs in the last 18 days! It's so exciting to see the scale finally moving down instead of sitting at the same place. You ladies are awesome!

Welcome Azure, Keep up the good work!

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Don't freak out. It was my very first month after all- A big weight loss whoosh can be expected. Now, the challenge is to keep going But thank you everyone, and I freaking forgot to say... GOOD JOB PEBBLES!
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Second month in the record books. Down 2 more pounds for a total of 17 pounds down to a weight of 199. That's right, I'm in onederland. I cried when I saw the scale as I never thought I would see that number in my life. It probably would've been lower, but I had a bit of stress that lead to a few bad eating days. I'm back on track now.
    Last edited by geostump; 03-01-2013 at 06:04 AM.
    Georgette

OMG Geo That is awesome!!!!

Gladmorning, My first month was 18 lbs as well.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    So, my smoothie is basically what I put in that post...

8oz homemade Almond Milk
    8oz coconut milk (this is a can of Trader Joes "lite" -which has no ingredients in it but coconut milk and water-with enough water added to make a half gallon-healthier than the carton and about a third of the cost!)
    14g MCT
    1tsp instant coffee granules or 1T cocoa powder
    10 drops of strawberry flavoring
    liquid stevia to taste
    2 eggs
    1/2 C frozen chopped spinach
    1/4 C Aloe Vera Juice (for my IBD-I wouldn't bother if you don't have gut issues)

whirl it all in a blender till it is smooth, if you like a thicker one, you can add some ice, but I think that waters it down. NOTE: I put the blender container on a scale and weigh everything-makes for an easier clean up.

For the MCT, it is about $25 for 32oz at our Whole Foods, I get it at NOW Foods MCT Oil | Medium Chain Triglycerides | MCT's Oil for about half that even with shipping, I buy 3 or 4 at a time. Which given I only use maybe 45g a day at most, lasts a very long time.

p.s. I accepted also 252dlp.
    I got my MCT at drugstore .com for $19.95. Same brand and size. Free shipping at $25 so I threw in something else I needed.

I can only do about a teaspoon without getting a wicked tummy ache and full digestive cleanser. I have to be close to a potty. I wonder if my body will adapt. I've been trying to do it since 2/1/13.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Second month in the record books. Down 2 more pounds for a total of 17 pounds down to a weight of 199. That's right, I'm in onederland. I cried when I saw the scale as I never thought I would see that number in my life. It probably would've been lower, but I had a bit of stress that lead to a few bad eating days. I'm back on track now.
    YAY Georgette!!! Congrats on making it to Onederland! That the best best best feeling!

March 1st already! I'm jumping back in to add more fat this month.

Went Primal 1/1/13. Slipped with flour twice and popcorn twice. Rest was no grains and only sugar is 85% dark chocolate a few times. Maintaining 5 pound loss. Three to go to get back to last summers hiking weight of 143. This is my month to do it.

I walk at least a 5k daily. Calories are between 1000-1400 daily. I'm only 5'4 with small bones. My macros tend to be 60/20/20 so I'll have to raise that 60% fat.

Congrats on all of the February successes! Just awesome everyone.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    My first month was a 13 pound loss. I have learned to really stray too far off the plan.

Next week I plan on adding in more exercise as I am not working. Also, on Wednesday, I plan on celebrating my birthday with a scoop of Jeni's ice cream. It's all natural, organic and its delicious. One scoop of that will do me well for a while. She's been featured on the Food Network and people from all over the country order her ice cream. I'd much rather have ice cream than cake.
    Georgette