Page 191 of 281 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2804

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 191

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    I don't think I'm a member of MFP...I can't remember if I ever signed up or not. I started using LoseIt several years ago and I stick with it mostly because I have a lot of custom foods already in there. Maybe I could join just to see what everyone is doing.

I managed to make it until my usual lunch time...the hunger dimished greatly not long after I posted that I was hungry, lol. Note to self, it won't kill me to wait a while even if I AM hungry and it might just work out that I'm not as hungry as I think.

I'm super excited because the chicken breast portion I brought today has lots of fatty skin!! Yay. I'm enjoying my chicken with artichoke pesto and broccoli with butter as I type, lol.

I'm going to buy a roasting pan this weekend and roast my own chicken parts. I'm also going to look for MCT oil...I'm sure Whole Foods probably has it.
    I roast in the crockpot

Okay, I joined MFP and sent a friend request to a couple of you already. I'm not sure who all from here is on there, but if you want to friend me there I'm 252dlp there as well.

I accepted. I am currently on a fat fast for today and tomorrow but you can look at days past for my average day.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    So, my smoothie is basically what I put in that post...

8oz homemade Almond Milk
    8oz coconut milk (this is a can of Trader Joes "lite" -which has no ingredients in it but coconut milk and water-with enough water added to make a half gallon-healthier than the carton and about a third of the cost!)
    14g MCT
    1tsp instant coffee granules or 1T cocoa powder
    10 drops of strawberry flavoring
    liquid stevia to taste
    2 eggs
    1/2 C frozen chopped spinach
    1/4 C Aloe Vera Juice (for my IBD-I wouldn't bother if you don't have gut issues)

whirl it all in a blender till it is smooth, if you like a thicker one, you can add some ice, but I think that waters it down. NOTE: I put the blender container on a scale and weigh everything-makes for an easier clean up.

For the MCT, it is about $25 for 32oz at our Whole Foods, I get it at NOW Foods MCT Oil | Medium Chain Triglycerides | MCT's Oil for about half that even with shipping, I buy 3 or 4 at a time. Which given I only use maybe 45g a day at most, lasts a very long time.

p.s. I accepted also 252dlp.
    Last edited by demuralist; 02-28-2013 at 01:14 PM. Reason: add p.s.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Looks good.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I have it in my MFP, so you can see the stats if you care.

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the support, I appreciate it. Yes, over thinking these things is a problem for me. I thought I had things in perspective until I realized yesterday that some of our mutual friends had stopped responding to my email and offers to get together. It sucks as not only have I lost my friends but my child has now lost several of her friends as a result. Ugh. That is absolutely the worst. I thought we were grown women and could at least let our children maintain their relationships. I hate to see my child hurt by this. She was sweet when I was upset after she overheard me telling dh that my friend was no longer speaking to me she told me I was her closest friend and she could be mine.

On a good note I think writing out what I was feeling earlier helped as I no longer felt like raiding the cabinet and I have not eaten anything since so my calories may turn out okay for the day: 2 eggs with butter, hot raw cacao with coconut milk, coffee with coconut milk, the macadamia nuts, 2 squares of dark chocolate, mct oil, fish oil. Dinner will be rib eye and some broccoli.

I get canned coconut milk (Golden Star - very thick cream, very little water - like 2 tbsp per can). How will that compare?

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the friend in MFP Jenn....I gotta get me some of that coconut milk, lol. I have been wanting coconut cream for a few weeks now. Every can I buy is too watery, which is funny because even as late as last year, even the "lite" coconut milk would solidify in my cabinets (I don't use heat in the winter). Now I buy the full fat coconut milk and can't get the dang thing to separate.

The diaries on MFP are VERY helpful, thank you all so much!

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OzK View Post
    Wow, that's horrible. I'm so sorry. Isn't it awful that no matter how old we get on the outside, on the inside we're still young and vulnerable? I hope you find some peace soon, and that maybe some day down the track you can either repair this friendship (if you want to) or find new people to make you smile.

You hit the nail on the head. It was a startling and disconcerting feeling the other morning when I woke up and the very first thought in my mind was "I am unworthy." I have spent a great deal of time exploring why I would be feeling like that. I thought I was a reasonably secure with myself adult and this has just shook me up badly. I am not sure why, nor do I understand why I feel so terrible about a friendship where the other party is unwilling to continue our relationship after a problem. I've never had this happen before. Thanks again for listening and being such a supportive group.

Thanks for the friend in MFP Jenn....I gotta get me some of that coconut milk, lol. I have been wanting coconut cream for a few weeks now. Every can I buy is too watery, which is funny because even as late as last year, even the "lite" coconut milk would solidify in my cabinets (I don't use heat in the winter). Now I buy the full fat coconut milk and can't get the dang thing to separate.

The diaries on MFP are VERY helpful, thank you all so much!
    I get it at Walmart for $1.48 or so.

The Trader Joes' canned coconut milk is really very much like HWC, I have never had it seperate out. It doesn't have any thickeners in it, and if yours doesn't either it might work, but maybe with more water? They have a Coconut Cream that is more like what most canned Coconut Milk is like, but it has other ingredients in it.

You can make coconut milk (like the cartoned, not the canned) by soaking dessicated or dried unsweetened coconut and then blending it in your blender and straining it through butter muslin (like cheesecloth with a tighter weave, they use it to make cheese). But once I figured out the Trader Joes' canned would work it is a lot less work.

With the canned I put the totals for the whole can into MFP recipe then put in 8 servings instead of 5 and it gave me about the same macros as the cartoned Coconut Milk. You could put the macros and keep changing the servings until you get the macros close to cartoned (about 30 to 40 calories per serving) and then add enough water to make that many 8 oz glasses. Hope I didn't just muddy the water with that explanation!