Page 190 of 280 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2799

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 190

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal123 View Post
    My stomach hurts, my heart is sad and I am sitting here thinking I want to raid the cabinet. Really? Why? It's not going to help, it's not going to fix the friendship. I am tired of crying about it and now I feel like crap.

I just needed to share how I am feeling with someone as I am feeling really sad and lonely right now. I'm in my forties and I feel like I am in middle school. Great adolescence all over again.
    Must be in the air. I wish I had some advice for you, but I'll be thinking of you. I wish I could just crawl in the bed and sleep until spring.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    From the "shake". I make my "shake" with a frozen banana, egg white protein powder, coconut milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 or 2 drops of stevia liquid, and sometimes 1 T of nuts...usually almonds, but yesterday and today was figuring on Macadamias. So, I think I'll modify that today and make it without the banana and nuts, and use only half the protein powder (that's also high). I'll add more fat...yesterday I used butter...may do that or may add some almond butter.
    I use MCT oil in my morning smoothie, it is flavorless, you could also use light olive oil or macadamia or avocado oil but the last 2 can be pricey and hard to find (I order my MCT online). I also use eggs in it. When I used protein powder I used zNatural which is just the whey with a pinch of lecithin to prevent caking. I use homemade almond and coconut milks as the liquid, and either 1tsp of instant coffee or the cocoa powder, I also sweeten it with stevia.

In the evening I usually have a cup of tea with butter and a bit of HWC if I have any fat left in my macro.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    From the "shake". I make my "shake" with a frozen banana, egg white protein powder, coconut milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 or 2 drops of stevia liquid, and sometimes 1 T of nuts...usually almonds, but yesterday and today was figuring on Macadamias. So, I think I'll modify that today and make it without the banana and nuts, and use only half the protein powder (that's also high). I'll add more fat...yesterday I used butter...may do that or may add some almond butter.

I haven't been having the "shakes" very often because it's been cold. But the last few days the weather here has been warm so I started having one in the evening.

I normall prefer chicken wings, leg and thighs, but I've been buying a whole roasted chicken once a week, and this is the leftover, lol. I think I'll go back to what I used to do years ago and just buy the parts I like and roast them myself.

This is why it's good to post things...I KNOW what's wrong, but until someone points it out to me, sometimes I ignore it. {{sign}}

Very cool!

Aw, I'm so sorry. I've lost a couple of friends too and it's definitely hard. I'm a huge emotional/stress eater, so I understand how hard it is. I'm also the type of person who does too much thinking and I tend to rethink and rethink and rethink these situations.
    Have you been looking at some of our food journals in MFP? It might give you an idea and tips for your macros. If nothing else it will give you some more ideas!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I use MCT oil in my morning smoothie, it is flavorless, you could also use light olive oil or macadamia or avocado oil but the last 2 can be pricey and hard to find (I order my MCT online). I also use eggs in it. When I used protein powder I used zNatural which is just the whey with a pinch of lecithin to prevent caking. I use homemade almond and coconut milks as the liquid, and either 1tsp of instant coffee or the cocoa powder, I also sweeten it with stevia.

In the evening I usually have a cup of tea with butter and a bit of HWC if I have any fat left in my macro.
    I really need to start making some of these drinks to help me meet my fat goals. Aside from the oils, what do you use? I know you have posted it before, so maybe just point me to that post??
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    On day 2 of my fat fast. Yesterday was just stellar until it came to sleep- the details are in my journal. Today I have pre-journaled again for another successful day. I was down 2 pounds this morning. My appetite is suppressed and I feel good. I was "starting" to get the little hungry signals before lunch but nothing ravenous.

I have also ordered a blood ketone monitor. I have been "in the purple" for quite a few days now with the stix. I am curious as to how it will compare with the blood monitoring.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    I don't think I'm a member of MFP...I can't remember if I ever signed up or not. I started using LoseIt several years ago and I stick with it mostly because I have a lot of custom foods already in there. Maybe I could join just to see what everyone is doing.

I managed to make it until my usual lunch time...the hunger dimished greatly not long after I posted that I was hungry, lol. Note to self, it won't kill me to wait a while even if I AM hungry and it might just work out that I'm not as hungry as I think.

I'm super excited because the chicken breast portion I brought today has lots of fatty skin!! Yay. I'm enjoying my chicken with artichoke pesto and broccoli with butter as I type, lol.

I'm going to buy a roasting pan this weekend and roast my own chicken parts. I'm also going to look for MCT oil...I'm sure Whole Foods probably has it.

Rosemary 231 is online now Senior Member

I'm going to buy a roasting pan this weekend and roast my own chicken parts. I'm also going to look for MCT oil...I'm sure Whole Foods probably has it.
    I'd like to start roasting my own chickens too but I never seem to be able to equal the juicy moistness of the rotisserie chickens I buy at the store. Problem is they cost 6.99 and I can buy an uncooked, whole chicken for .77 a lb.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I joined MFP and sent a friend request to a couple of you already. I'm not sure who all from here is on there, but if you want to friend me there I'm 252dlp there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    I'd like to start roasting my own chickens too but I never seem to be able to equal the juicy moistness of the rotisserie chickens I buy at the store. Problem is they cost 6.99 and I can buy an uncooked, whole chicken for .77 a lb.
    Wow, I'm embarassed to say that I pay $14.99 for mine, lol. At Whole Foods. But still, that's a huge difference. If I had more room in my miniscule kitchen I might consider one of those Ronco rotisserie things, lol.

OzK
    OzK is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Therein lies the problem...demuralist is a wonderful baker. Thank God she lives hours away from me.
    Funny thing, I love baking (and do it for friends and so forth) but for the most part, I don't much care for cakes and stuff. A good brownie, that's different. But not so much the cake thang. I just love cooking, really. So kudos to Demuralist for not falling into her own trap!

Speaking of cooking, let me share what I made last night because it was really yum. First of all I made my own passata, by oven roasting a bunch of wonderfully ripe truss tomatoes with some duck fat in the oven, until they were totally soft. Blended them in a saucepan, then reduced the sauce by about 2/3. Then I cooked a cup of finely cut broccoli florets in a mix of olive oil and CO with 1/2 cup of the sauce and some salt and pepper, low heat till broccoli half done, then added my 3 oz of ground beef (fattiest I could find) and simmered until everything was properly cooked through. Added a little shaved parmesan to finish it off. So a kind of NK spag bol without the pasta and it was super, super tasty. I know tomatoes are a little higher on the carb count but I was within my daily limit and I didn't need to use a whole lot. The concentrated flavour was perfect.

I got on the scales today for the first base line weight and am so very sad to see that I am almost back to where I originally started a few years ago. Sigh. But I'm going to use that horrible number as a motivator and incentive, and really focus on clean eating and a good whack of daily steady state cardio.

OzK
    OzK is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal123 View Post
    So I never thought I was much of an emotional eater but I recently had a falling out with my closest friend and we are no longer friends and yesterday it hit me that it seems like I may have lost some other friends as a result. I am really sad over it and I find I am wanting to eat even though I am not hungry. I came back from my trip 4.6 pounds lighter. I had finally reached my first small goal weight which was emotionally significant and was almost half way to my next small goal. From now on they are in 10 pound increments. This morning I had gained back 4.4 pounds and so far I have eaten my breakfast and just ate a handful of macadamia nuts and two squares of chocolate. My stomach hurts, my heart is sad and I am sitting here thinking I want to raid the cabinet. Really? Why? It's not going to help, it's not going to fix the friendship. I am tired of crying about it and now I feel like crap.

I just needed to share how I am feeling with someone as I am feeling really sad and lonely right now. I'm in my forties and I feel like I am in middle school. Great adolescence all over again.

Wow, that's horrible. I'm so sorry. Isn't it awful that no matter how old we get on the outside, on the inside we're still young and vulnerable? I hope you find some peace soon, and that maybe some day down the track you can either repair this friendship (if you want to) or find new people to make you smile.