Page 184 of 282 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 184

GigiLaPatate is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi - I'm still struggling with keeping up with EMF. I think it will help me lose weight as it has stopped the big cravings and binges, but I am always hungry. I want to keep my calories to about 1600 to lose weight - yesterday I ate 2000 calories (134g fat, 88g protein, 76 g carbs). The extra carbs were from a couple of dates I ate just because I felt so hungry after dinner.

So far today I've eaten eggs, pepperoni and BPC (54g fat, 24g protein, 4g carbs; 575 cals) and am still so hungry . . .

I lapsed over the end of last week and weekend- no binges, but just lots of extra carbs and gained about 6 lb, but they seem to have come off quickly over the past few days of EMF.

Any advice - should I intentionally increase the carbs a bit while I'm adjusting?

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    SparkPeople repinned the cover of the book Rich Food Poor Food by Mira Calton... it has a Foreward by Dr. William Davis (author of Wheat Belly) and an introduction by our very own Mark Sisson... I wonder how many people will convert to Primal/Paleo because of SP's endorsement of this book... Hopefully A LOT!
    nevermind... my pinterest is jacked up (at work - maybe a work thing, maybe a system error at pinterest, don't know). That book was actually posted by US Wellness Meats...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by primaLeaf View Post
    Rosemary - yes, I was hoping for something I could just buy. I found one that adds in some omega 3s but of course it's still made with canola oil. I used to get excited when I would see one "made with olive oil," but I quickly learned that the majority of the oil those use is still canola. womp.
    I suppose I will just take some time to make some at home. I've only managed to get proper emulsification when adding the oil drop by drop. I do use a fair bit of mayo though, so I guess it would be time well invested.

You could pay me to make it for you! lol

Quote Originally Posted by primaLeaf View Post
    on a related note - how long is bacon grease shelf stable? i keep mine in a jar near the stove but i'm usually apprehensive about using it after it's sat there for a while.

Mark answered a Dear Mark question about this. I believe he said 1 week, if filtered to remove food bits that would cause it to go rancid sooner. I filter mine and then keep it in the fridge, where it effectively will never go bad - I say this b/c it's in the fridge away from light and below 40 degrees, it's in a sealed jar keeping out the air, and I filter it with cheese cloth or paper towels removing any food particles. Additionally, I cook my bacon on a griddle, so the drippings drain away into a container under the griddle removing it from the heat.

Here is the article Mark posted. it's actually about oxidation, but I think it applies.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Tomi, I used to drink every weekend - back before we had kids. MIL and I would get falling down drunk at the races and then ride home with the guys. I got pregnant and my desires to drink disappeared. Of course, you don't have the same option, so I would recommend finding something else to occupy your mind when hubby is drinking... maybe you could research the effects alcohol on fibromyalgia remission or the effects of alcohol on overall health or something - something that will deter you from drinking until the habit is broken. I could go back to drinking at the races if I wanted to... but quite frankly, it's too expensive.

What kind of rum do you usually drink?
    Bacardi Silver with Diet Coke -- poison x2!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Now I would understand if it was Malibu! At least that TASTES primal (coconut). lol And it's my favorite.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    The pinner is C.A.Wilson
    I'm a real novice at Pinterest, I love it though. I put C.A. Wilson in the Search, scrolled a mile and a half and never came up with anything LCHF. Could you help?

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I ran into one of my friends at work today for what will be the last time we'll be seeing each other and she looked at me and was like "holy crap Georgette. Are you losing weight?" So I said I have been and I explained NK to her and she was like "wow!" In other cool news, I have gotten a good friend of mine in Canada to go primal. She started last week and has had fibro since she was a kid. She is so amazed at all the energy and how great she feels. I'm glad she has finally started this.
    BRAVO! I hope someday I can educate fibro sufferers of the curing effects of eating this way! I'm fibro free as long as I stay grain and sugar free!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiLaPatate View Post
    Hi - I'm still struggling with keeping up with EMF. I think it will help me lose weight as it has stopped the big cravings and binges, but I am always hungry. I want to keep my calories to about 1600 to lose weight - yesterday I ate 2000 calories (134g fat, 88g protein, 76 g carbs). The extra carbs were from a couple of dates I ate just because I felt so hungry after dinner.

So far today I've eaten eggs, pepperoni and BPC (54g fat, 24g protein, 4g carbs; 575 cals) and am still so hungry . . .

I lapsed over the end of last week and weekend- no binges, but just lots of extra carbs and gained about 6 lb, but they seem to have come off quickly over the past few days of EMF.

Any advice - should I intentionally increase the carbs a bit while I'm adjusting?
    I would personally urge strongly NOT to increase your carbs as that would generally trigger hunger. My suggestion is to try to stick close to the percentages until you get over the hunger then slowly lower the calories. I have forgotten what your goal weight is? For 1680 calories you would get 140g of fat, 70g of protein and 35g of carbs. For your 2000 calorie day I think you would be better off pushing your calories from the carbs to the fats. So closer to 150g of fat, 88g of protein and 35g of carb. Then once you are comfy and have reached a level of appetite suppression you can lower the protein and then the fat. I would suggest nuts or even chocolate is a better choice than dates though. But for me the best thing for after dinner I am still hungry is a cup of tea (or decaf coffee) and bullet proof it to the extent that I have the macros left.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    I'm a real novice at Pinterest, I love it though. I put C.A. Wilson in the Search, scrolled a mile and a half and never came up with anything LCHF. Could you help?
    oh sorry, I am at work so I was looking it up from my phone, that is the wrong pinner....try Sibyl Fulp sorry

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    oh sorry, I am at work so I was looking it up from my phone, that is the wrong pinner....try Sibyl Fulp sorry
    Thanks, I'll give it another go.