Page 183 of 282 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 183

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The pinner is C.A.Wilson

I have looked in Whole Foods as well as in health food stores whenever I travel, never found a mayo that doesn't have the less than preferred oils in it. Homemade is really easy, you just need to make it part of a once a week or so routine. (p.s. I generally just use the whole egg, rarely separate away the yolk)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Going off to look up this pinner!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    The pinner is C.A.Wilson
    Thanks.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    The pinner is C.A.Wilson

I have looked in Whole Foods as well as in health food stores whenever I travel, never found a mayo that doesn't have the less than preferred oils in it. Homemade is really easy, you just need to make it part of a once a week or so routine. (p.s. I generally just use the whole egg, rarely separate away the yolk)
    Me too, takes 5 minutes in a blender. I was considering trying two egg yolks instead of a whole egg sometime though.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I started talking to MIL a year ago. She bought the PB and read it. Practiced it (probably 80/20) for about 2 months or so. I could tell things were not going to work out between her and Primal when I commented to her that using olive oil on the grill was a bad idea due to its low heat tolerance and propensity to go rancid at high temps, causing free radicals that explode through cell walls and can ultimately increase her inflammation if used improperly and recommended she use coconut oil or butter instead... she snapped at me and said "everything is going to kill us". One time I saw she was making spaghetti for dinner and asked if she was still eating Primally. She said it was too restrictive and didn't work. I sent her articles providing evidence that grains can cause fibro pain and a Paleo diet can improve fibro symptoms. She replied with a comment that she knows what her triggers are and what she can and can't eat and basically to leave her alone. Now she uses pot to ease her fibro symptoms. I'm pretty sure any efforts I make to try to help her will fail, so I have given up and walked away.
    The difference between your MIL and my friend is that my friend has always wanted to try primal, she was just scared to. She really wants to do EMF which she feels would be best for her, especially with the fibro. She actually read our threads and decided to follow the beginning instructions prior to joining. We bounce ideas off each other often. I think your MIL may have just given up and figures that eating CW/SAD is easier and just says F-it all. I wouldn't press it any further.
    Georgette

primaLeaf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I have not found any that do not use crap oils. Even the 'olive oil' versions have soybean or canola oil listed shortly after the olive oil. Perhaps a healthfood store or specialty market (Whole foods etc) might have a non-crap version, but I can't find one in a grocery store.

Rosemary - yes, I was hoping for something I could just buy. I found one that adds in some omega 3s but of course it's still made with canola oil. I used to get excited when I would see one "made with olive oil," but I quickly learned that the majority of the oil those use is still canola. womp.
    I suppose I will just take some time to make some at home. I've only managed to get proper emulsification when adding the oil drop by drop. I do use a fair bit of mayo though, so I guess it would be time well invested.

you guys are too quick for me!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    SparkPeople repinned the cover of the book Rich Food Poor Food by Mira Calton... it has a Foreward by Dr. William Davis (author of Wheat Belly) and an introduction by our very own Mark Sisson... I wonder how many people will convert to Primal/Paleo because of SP's endorsement of this book... Hopefully A LOT!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

on a related note - how long is bacon grease shelf stable? i keep mine in a jar near the stove but i'm usually apprehensive about using it after it's sat there for a while.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primaLeaf View Post
    on a related note - how long is bacon grease shelf stable? i keep mine in a jar near the stove but i'm usually apprehensive about using it after it's sat there for a while.
    I have a similar question about duck fat, lol. I've got some in a mug on my stove, but it's been there a while.