Page 182 of 282 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 182

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I would think that processing highly nutritious food in your own way (ie. pureed soups, smoothies, etc) would be way better on the stomach as well as for the rest of your body. Your situation might be the one time where juicing might be helpful?
    It might, definitely. I haven't tried juicing, though I did buy one right after I was diagnosed. I do buy baby food veggies to have on hand...many of them are pretty "junk" free. I cook the heck out of any veggie I make from fresh. Someone on another forum asked a question about how they could be hungry all the time with gastroparesis, and one response was that it's probably because the food isn't digesting properly so the body thinks it needs more. I don't know if I completely believe that, but I do know that if I follow a liquid diet (like shakes), I feel more satisfied in that regard (but not in the "I need to chew food" way, lol). I may haul out that juicer and give it a try. I NEED to get more veggies in.

Quote Originally Posted by mks8500 View Post
    Speaking of processing...does anyone else hear their stomach digesting at night? Weird question I'm sure, but when I lay down to go to bed at night, I feel like I can almost hear the digestion. I don't go to bed for several hours after I eat so it's weird. Not troubling, just curious. It almost sounds like a stomach growl but not.
    Yes, me. Now, it's mostly my gastroparesis, but it's happened before that too.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    My mom has always said that I require structure in my life. When I joined the Army, she said she wasn't shocked one bit. She said I always liked school because it provided structure to my life - and here I am 33 years old and still in school. I enjoy Primal b/c it's easy to follow - again, certain rules that need to be followed. When I try to eat better without tracking, etc, I sometimes feel like I'm wandering around without a path. But... during my Whole30's I didn't track, so maybe that's not entirely accurate... but there were finite rules I had to follow to see success, so there again, structure.
    Yep, I love tracking stuff, lol.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    It might, definitely. I haven't tried juicing, though I did buy one right after I was diagnosed. I do buy baby food veggies to have on hand...many of them are pretty "junk" free. I cook the heck out of any veggie I make from fresh. Someone on another forum asked a question about how they could be hungry all the time with gastroparesis, and one response was that it's probably because the food isn't digesting properly so the body thinks it needs more. I don't know if I completely believe that, but I do know that if I follow a liquid diet (like shakes), I feel more satisfied in that regard (but not in the "I need to chew food" way, lol). I may haul out that juicer and give it a try. I NEED to get more veggies in.
    just be careful to use low carb veggies, many juicing "recipes" include high carb veggies (carrots are a very common ingredient). cucumber, parsley (which is supposed to be very helpful for digestion), spinach, would be good.

I do personally believe that hunger is not a stomach thing but it is a whole body thing. Sometimes it is a need for a certain mouth feel, sometimes (and I believe most of the time) it is about some nutrient deficiency, sometimes (for many if not most of us) it fills an emotional need.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    I've never managed to get a trace on a ketostix either though I have never eaten more than 12g carb for the past year so have given up on them. I suspect it might be too much water as I do drink a lot of it

I think a ketone blood monitor is the only way to go, though given megqn's experience so far, I'd like to get a better understqnding of what works before I try as the sticks are so expensive. Looking forward to Demuralist being the next guinea pig
    I'm the opposite, I don't drink very much water at all and I still can't even get to a full "trace" on the Ketostick. I'm seriously thinking about the monitor too.

SAdams is offline Member
    Eating has definatly filled an emotional need for me, after my husband started working out of state and I was alone at night after the kids went to bed I would get sad and just eat and eat and eat like rediculouse amouts of food. It is a mental problem for me, no I don't feel hungry but I am going to eat because I am board, sad, lonely or even when I am happy and I would think (still Kinda do) about food all the time, what am I going to have next. I have only been back on primal for 3 day and am doing better but it will take time. I did binge last night and then regreted it but i ended up having ham and heavy cream (not together) instead of a bag of popcorn and a bag of chips and some guac with some candy thrown in their. So far 3 days in I am down 1lb of bloat.

On another note I have had my very first bulletproof coffee this morning and really like it. I added some homemade vanilla to it for flavoring which hopefully won't hurt, made from vanilla beans and vodka, and am thinking tomorrow I will add some cinnamon as well. My husband is going to look at me like I am crazy when he comes home and sees me drinking coffee, butter and coconut oil for breakfest.

I have been having some trouble finding good sides that are low carb for diner and have decided I need to go out and buy a cabbage or to to saute in bacon grease. Also having a little problem with keeping my protein down. If I eat as planned today it will be

15g carbs (lowest it's been in months)
    64g protein
    139g fat
    1508 calories

Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    I've never managed to get a trace on a ketostix either though I have never eaten more than 12g carb for the past year so have given up on them. I suspect it might be too much water as I do drink a lot of it

I think a ketone blood monitor is the only way to go, though given megqn's experience so far, I'd like to get a better understqnding of what works before I try as the sticks are so expensive. Looking forward to Demuralist being the next guinea pig
    I'm the opposite, I don't drink very much water at all and I still can't even get to a full "trace" on the Ketostick. I'm seriously thinking about the monitor too.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    SAdams, your macros look good. Do you do pinterest? I have a pinner that I follow who has a whole board of just LCHF sides (she has a board for each meal part for each meal too). great ideas on pinterest in general. There is of course also, our recipe group which has about 4 pages of ideas for different things including links to places where you can find other recipes. Tonight instead of going for the food roam around in there a while, that is what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by primaLeaf View Post
    regarding the mayonnaise - anyone have a brand they know of that uses approved oils? i've made my own before but i find it to be a pain in the ass, to use the scientific term.
    I understand you're talking about "store-bought" mayo. I'm looking for that too. I've made mayo at home but for me, right now, it's a pain.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    I understand you're talking about "store-bought" mayo. I'm looking for that too. I've made mayo at home but for me, right now, it's a pain.
    I have not found any that do not use crap oils. Even the 'olive oil' versions have soybean or canola oil listed shortly after the olive oil. Perhaps a healthfood store or specialty market (Whole foods etc) might have a non-crap version, but I can't find one in a grocery store.

SAdams is offline Member
    Thanks Demuralist, I do really like pinterest so I will have to look it up!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    SAdams, your macros look good. Do you do pinterest? I have a pinner that I follow who has a whole board of just LCHF sides (she has a board for each meal part for each meal too). great ideas on pinterest in general. There is of course also, our recipe group which has about 4 pages of ideas for different things including links to places where you can find other recipes. Tonight instead of going for the food roam around in there a while, that is what I do.
    I do the "food roam around" while I'm still at work. Would you be willing to name the "pinner"?