Page 180 of 282 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 180

primaLeaf is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I ran into one of my friends at work today for what will be the last time we'll be seeing each other and she looked at me and was like "holy crap Georgette. Are you losing weight?" So I said I have been and I explained NK to her and she was like "wow!" In other cool news, I have gotten a good friend of mine in Canada to go primal. She started last week and has had fibro since she was a kid. She is so amazed at all the energy and how great she feels. I'm glad she has finally started this.
    nice! come use your powers of persuasion on my parents next? and congrats on the visual confirmation!

just wanted to share what i'm having for dinner - nice fatty chicken from TJs with some broccoli and parmesan, all mixed together in some delicious (albeit not primal) mayonnaise, with some tapatio for good measure. om nom nom.

regarding the mayonnaise - anyone have a brand they know of that uses approved oils? i've made my own before but i find it to be a pain in the ass, to use the scientific term.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primaLeaf View Post
    nice! come use your powers of persuasion on my parents next? and congrats on the visual confirmation!

just wanted to share what i'm having for dinner - nice fatty chicken from TJs with some broccoli and parmesan, all mixed together in some delicious (albeit not primal) mayonnaise, with some tapatio for good measure. om nom nom.

regarding the mayonnaise - anyone have a brand they know of that uses approved oils? i've made my own before but i find it to be a pain in the ass, to use the scientific term.
    I'm not a mayo fan at all period end of story. I typically use full fat greek yogurt or sour cream in its place.
    Georgette

OzK
    OzK is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adavison View Post
    Must...confess...I've been eating dairy. BUT, it's not causing cravings. I have limited it but added just a little to my daily diet. I've added HWC, Asiago and Gouda. Seems to be doing ok. My appetite is gone! Stuggling to eat enough. I have cut out eggs because I've noticed drainage when I eat them. And then I cough and cough and cough.My clothes are hanging on me. I will weigh on Saturday. I'm sleeping well and the crazy, vivid dreams are gone. I'm struggling with leg cramps, so I've started broth. Also I've have noticed heart pounding occasionally. I feel like I might, just might, be in my healthy weight range. I am so close. We shall see on Saturday.
    I keep some triple brie in the fridge so that if I do get the urge to eat between meals I can cut a very small piece, <1oz, and calm the belly. It's very high fat, which helps with hitting my goal intake. But I'm starting to notice that my appetite is decreasing. It's not taking a lot to make me feel full. Which is such a nice feeling, instead of wanting to shovel in whatever isn't nailed down.

I'm also noticing a consistent desire for plain water. There was a time when I was going through >2 litres of Coke Zero a day. On top of that, I really struggled to drink water. Now it's 3 mugs of broth a day, and @ 2 litres of plain water. So I think that's a definite step in the right direction.

My big hurdle's going to come when people start notice that I'm losing weight again. Because in the past, compliments have sent me hurtling back to weight gain. Which sounds nuts, but there you go. I'm hoping that being mindful, and taking time to sit with myself and think my way through the insecurities, I'll beat that demon too.

Anyone else find this? Got any tips?

OzK
    OzK is offline Member
    I ran into one of my friends at work today for what will be the last time we'll be seeing each other and she looked at me and was like "holy crap Georgette. Are you losing weight?" So I said I have been and I explained NK to her and she was like "wow!" In other cool news, I have gotten a good friend of mine in Canada to go primal. She started last week and has had fibro since she was a kid. She is so amazed at all the energy and how great she feels. I'm glad she has finally started this.
    Woooot! Go you! And yes, this kind of eating really makes a difference to things like fibro and CFS. Wish I'd known it years ago.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried making it in the blender? Takes me about 5 minutes. Just put in the egg and whatever spices the recipe calls for, then slowly, ever so slowly drizzle in olive oil, avacado oil, whatever you use. I made it the first time with a whisk, and yes, PITA!

Quote Originally Posted by OzK View Post

My big hurdle's going to come when people start notice that I'm losing weight again. Because in the past, compliments have sent me hurtling back to weight gain. Which sounds nuts, but there you go. I'm hoping that being mindful, and taking time to sit with myself and think my way through the insecurities, I'll beat that demon too.

YES. Every single time. One other person mentioned this, and I was amazed. I had no idea anyone else dealt with this phenomena. Seems so backward, right?
    I have actually done a lot of thinking about this. I have already deflected one weight loss comment from my dad. I talked about it not too long ago. He doesn't agree with what I'm doing, but at the time he didn't know. He just knew I was gluten free. He asked if I had lost weight. I lied and told him I didn't know. Then he said my face looked thinner. I just said, "well, that's cool."

I've heard in success stories people talking about this. How they were completely on the down low when it came to what they were doing. People would comment, and they would say "Just diet and exercise." I think this is a good route to go. For me, I am not ready to talk about primal because I am not ready to deal with the arguments, ya know? As for insecurities. . . remember this isn't a diet. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we've already heard it a thousand times on MDA. But seriously... there is no after diet plan, there are not after diet changes or "transition back into the things you took out." This is primal. A lifestyle. Once you meet your goal weight, things like potatoes might be more of an option. Maybe you'll have a nonprimal day planned here or there, but in reality, you shouldn't be thinking about adding back processed foods and sugars and grains again. There just is no point in my opinion. I have discovered that they SUCK, and I have absolutely no need for them. I hope I am making sense.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    I've heard in success stories people talking about this. How they were completely on the down low when it came to what they were doing. People would comment, and they would say "Just diet and exercise."
    I am not a success story or done yet but this is what I say. I found out early on that most people do not really want to change themselves and talking about primal just led to arguments and me having to justify what I am doing. To heck with that.

Hey, Canio, how did you lose weight?

Eat less and move more.

Oh....

and it is true. I do eat less - less wheat, less sugar, less junk....

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    ^ very true. I've found everyone wants the easy answer. That magically the weight will just come off. Maybe for some....

MrsZimm13 is offline Junior Member
    ^ very true. I've found everyone wants the easy answer. That magically the weight will just come off. Maybe for some....

I think at many times during my life I have wanted the weight to magically disappear, but with Primal it's different. The lack of cravings and desire for food is amazing. I feel free from the intense manic need to eat before boarding a plane. I used to have to "stock up" and buy something to have on the plane - the thought of NOT having food available would panic me. No longer. I can be cooped up and not constantly think of where the next mouthful will come from.

The release from desiring food, for me, has been been the most important part of going primal.

Yesterday I was at a conference where lunch was served and there was a table of desserts- full 10 cakes and pies. I ate a primal meal and saw the desserts and heard people talking about which they would try, but I never had the desire to eat a piece. In the past, I would have had to have a piece. Again, I credit Primal with this new strength, not myself.

I figure that the weight will come off in time, not with a magic wand and I am OK with that.

calee is offline Senior Member
    The children of my clean plate club came from Poland. I was a skinny kid, came from depression era parents who were hungry a lot. Skinny meant they were still too poor to provide adequate nutrition for their children. Seven years old I got fat and stayed TT way till I left home. Lost some weight but at 24 started my 35 year climb in morbid obesity.

Once I was in a restaurant and parents were screaming at their kids to eat. I took my 249 pound self and stopped at their table on my way out. Very quietly I said, this is where force feeding gets us.

My son is 39 now. Never had a day out of his athletic body. Eats mostly primal, works out and looks like a rock star. Never forced a bite into him.

I'm clse to getting back to my summer weight of 142. Just 4 to go. I'm finding my macros settling at around 60/20/20, between 1100-1400 calories a day. Shedding a few ounces a day. I walk a 5k or more daily. I think I'll stick with this and see if I can shed these last 3-4 pounds. Then I want to head to the 130's.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by adavison View Post
    Also I've have noticed heart pounding occasionally.
    Try taking some magnesium when the heart pounds. It usually takes care of my pounding heart.

Can you come and talk to my MIL... she doesn't believe that Primal can help Fibro...

I make my own out of Mark's new sauce book.

1 egg yolk
    1 tsp water
    1 tsp lemon juice
    1/4 tsp dijon mustard
    1/2 cup Extra Light tasting Olive Oil

He recommends macadamia oil or a similarly tasteless oil. I use extra light EVOO b/c I mix the mayo for mixing in things, not as a condiment, so I don't notice the olive oil taste.

I use a hand mixer to mix it all up. Only takes a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by OzK View Post

No tips as I do this too...

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    and it is true. I do eat less - less wheat, less sugar, less junk....
    I am moving in this direction too... It's just easier to opt out of the conversation than to try to explain Mark's, Robb's, Nora's, and Diana's books in 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    The children of my clean plate club came from Poland. I was a skinny kid, came from depression era parents who were hungry a lot. Skinny meant they were still too poor to provide adequate nutrition for their children. Seven years old I got fat and stayed TT way till I left home. Lost some weight but at 24 started my 35 year climb in morbid obesity.

Once I was in a restaurant and parents were screaming at their kids to eat. I took my 249 pound self and stopped at their table on my way out. Very quietly I said, this is where force feeding gets us.

My son is 39 now. Never had a day out of his athletic body. Eats mostly primal, works out and looks like a rock star. Never forced a bite into him.

I'm clse to getting back to my summer weight of 142. Just 4 to go. I'm finding my macros settling at around 60/20/20, between 1100-1400 calories a day. Shedding a few ounces a day. I walk a 5k or more daily. I think I'll stick with this and see if I can shed these last 3-4 pounds. Then I want to head to the 130's.
    Nice job! 100 lbs is amazing!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)