Page 177 of 282 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 177

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    tomi, I quit drinking a few years back. I have never been much of one to drink at home, so it wasn't that hard. I just declared myself the designated driver, which was easy because I had impressionable kids. Now when friends come to play cards I will have a drink-a glass of red wine usually, before VLC it was a margarita usually. I just have found that once out of the habit, it is like anything else, you lose the taste for it. Now there will always be something you would enjoy (Brandy Alexander comes to mind) but to me just not worth the calories. I also tend to be someone who doesn't stop at one of anything, stopping at none is much easier for me. Good luck.

PrimalLeaf, glad you are here, good luck with your plan. I have found that although I used to be a clock watcher and could never have gone more than about 4 hours without eating something, with this LCHF breakfast I easily go 7.5 hours. I try not to let myself skip lunch entirely though at is tends to produce a binge effect for dinner.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    My typical breakfast during the week is a bulletproof coffee and a cup of bone broth with half a bouillon cube in it. I like it and its helping with my hair and fingernails. The only time I eat food at breakfast is one the weekends when I make it for the family. I really only eat 2 meals a day with food. I've found that for me, this is the best way for me to make this work.
    Georgette

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Georgette, I am with you. Two meals and depending on the meal, sometimes one is plenty. Sometimes I find I want BPC or BPT in the evening instead of a meal.

Fat fasting today and tomorrow.. we will see about a 3rd day after tomorrow.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    {{Sigh}} I haven't got to that one or two meals a day thing yet. Though I AM feeling less hungry, it's not enough to go more than 4-5 hours--I start feeling sick before I feel hungry if I wait too long. Weird. I DO think cutting back on protein and carbs will help, but I just have to stick to it.

EDIT: I do find myself craving BPC though! So I think I'm on the right track.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I have such a boring job that I am constantly watching the clock and tend to eat to break the monotony of doing absolutely nothing while the phone is not ringing... when I worked a busier job, I could easily skip lunch and not realize it... And then there are the jobs I didn't like where lunch was an escape from a dreadful job. This position holds the title of dreadful and boring... so even when I'm not hungry, I still eat lunch. Maybe some day in the future I'll have a job that will keep me busy enough that my mind isn't always on food, but not so busy that I need a mental break at lunch.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, I used to drink every weekend - back before we had kids. MIL and I would get falling down drunk at the races and then ride home with the guys. I got pregnant and my desires to drink disappeared. Of course, you don't have the same option, so I would recommend finding something else to occupy your mind when hubby is drinking... maybe you could research the effects alcohol on fibromyalgia remission or the effects of alcohol on overall health or something - something that will deter you from drinking until the habit is broken. I could go back to drinking at the races if I wanted to... but quite frankly, it's too expensive.

What kind of rum do you usually drink?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    {{Sigh}} I haven't got to that one or two meals a day thing yet. Though I AM feeling less hungry, it's not enough to go more than 4-5 hours--I start feeling sick before I feel hungry if I wait too long. Weird. I DO think cutting back on protein and carbs will help, but I just have to stick to it.

Going to 1-2 meals a day was not an overnight sensation. What you might try when you get that shakey, sick feeling is some boullion. Adding butter to the boullion would not hurt either.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post

you will get there, I was like that when I first started. I didn't really feel hungry, I would just feel sick if I went too long. Now at about 4-5 hours in a get a little tummy rumble but I can, and usually do, ignore it. Why? Because if I eat at that first rumble it would be noonish, then dinner is no earlier than 6:30 and my witching hours are late afternoon, it would open me up to binging. But pushing through that first rumble allows me to wait to have lunch until at least 2:30, then when I get home I am not starved and can get something done before I start dinner and not be pantry prowling! I doubt I will bother to do the whole 2 meal thing, although technically I only eat twice, I drink breakfast.

mks8500 is offline Member
    Another question. I've worked the last few days to keep my protein AND carbs low. Yesterday I tested at 1.7 which was the highest I'd gotten on the ketone monitor. I kept my protein within a gram and the ketone measurement went down. So, my question is, if I don't have enough fat even when keeping protein and carbs low, will that lower the ketones also?

23-Feb 124 70 16 1.5 85 *after exercise
    24-Feb 78 53 6 0.7 78
    25-Feb 86 52 14 1.7 81
    26-Feb 0.7 87 *after exercise

Remember that all testing is in the morning so this morning's .7 would've been as a result of yesterday, right?

I made some variation of cream cheese clouds last night so my fat will be higher today...for SURE!

:-)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    well, given this is an inexact science, I am going to guess, that yes your low fat seems to be keeping you in low ketosis.

But are you losing weight? I mean you are in ketosis right? And at least in Jimmy Moore's experiment his numbers after sunset average higher than his morning ones.