Page 176 of 282 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 176

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yeah, Jenn! at least its moving in the right direction

Okay - tested this morning with the ketostix and measured "mild". Not bad for only one day of clean HFLC eating. Technically day 3 - but I did have rum over the weekend. (there goes my new years resolution). Weight had a slight upturn - 182.2 (yesterday 181.8) Reaching for 177 (primal low).

@Demuralist: I might try to evening testing to see if I get a different read.

@InSearchofAbs ................ I think I'll jump on that wagon with you.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pamola10 View Post
    Now I have to go and check the liquid stevia I bought last week. I usually don't mess with sugar substitutes because I respond behaviourally just like to sugar but I was persuaded by this thread to think about it. I am eager to try someone's (sorry) bullet-proof matcha green tea (was that you, Pebbles?) as soon as I can find the tea.
    Me, I use pure liquid stevia, there is a pure powdered stevia that is just stevia powder as well, I just find the dropper easier. I order the pwdered green tea Matcha direct from the Republic of Tea Website.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Yeah, Jenn! at least its moving in the right direction

Okay - tested this morning with the ketostix and measured "mild". Not bad for only one day of clean HFLC eating. Technically day 3 - but I did have rum over the weekend. (there goes my new years resolution). Weight had a slight upturn - 182.2 (yesterday 181.8) Reaching for 177 (primal low).

@Demuralist: I might try to evening testing to see if I get a different read.

@InSearchofAbs ................ I think I'll jump on that wagon with you.
    Yay! I won't be on the wagon alone!

And about the ketosticks, I usually only test in the morning because of what
    others have said, that the sticks don't know if the fat their reading is bodyfat
    being burned or the fat you just ingested for lunch.

And with us on here eating SO much fat, I don't bother with later readings.

SO, even with a fat laden meal for dinner, you'd THINK.... you'd THINK, that
    the body could process that nonsense in the 8 or more hours you were asleep
    and you wouldn't be reading dinner fat still, in the morning.

So that's what I go with.

Yesterday I think was my very first day of acccctually keeping protein low and fat
    at 80%.

Cals - 1321
    Protein - 43g
    Carbs - 15g
    Fat - 120g

%
    13/7/80

Red Death is due tomorrow and I'm feeling a little squishy, but not as much
    bloat (usually five pounds) that I usually get beforehand, which is nice, cuz
    my pants aren't tight. Tight pants piss Mother off and makes her cranky.

Julie

Okay, one the wagon it is! (damn)

WOOHOO for good numbers! I love those days! Your number are very close to mine - 'cept I try to keep the total calories under 1200.

No more red death or russian circus at my house!

Hoping for no 5 pound bloat - eeesh!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    I know, the wagon sucks for sure, but man, lately it just hasn't
    been worth it.

Not cuz I get hungover or anything, but just the sheer calories from it
    all, and then craving crap the next day but not giving in.

I can't WAIT to not have red death ever again. Grrr!

I've been shooooooting for 1200 cals, but with my activity level, and my
    libran ways, I usually justify (in my mind) more.

But as long as it's lower than the 1600 I averaged LAST month, I'll call it
    progress.

HA!

Found this on Dr. Attia's site - thought I would share. I know this topic has been discussed before - and always when blood ketone test kits are being talked about.

The strips only indicate what's happening in the urine. Ketosis happens in the blood and body tissues. If you're showing even a small amount, then you are in ketosis, and fat-burning is taking place. Don't get hung up on the ketone sticks.

that should ease the minds of some of us. He also says being in the deep purple isn't an indication of fat burning - only and indication of lots of fat in the urine. This could come from a fatty meal, or from alcohol consumption because the body will use alcohol first, then fat stores. (another reason for jumping on the wagon)
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    @InSearchOfAbs that is when I put on a skirt, gotta be comfy.

Thoughts about the wagon.........

I try not to drink cuz it messes with my energy and brain clarity.

But, I drink cuz I like the taste, hubby and I have fun with it, and it helps me sleep like a rock! Although I feel sluggish the next day.

I've been talking about NOT drinking at all for a year now........... I haven't gone more that 3 weeks.

When I drink, I drink too much. Never just one. I want to make the decision to NOT drink at all - or only once in a great while when we eat out at the places that make killer long islands. But I need hubby to be on board with me.

Before vacation we decided we weren't going to drink until I reached goal weight - 'cept for vacation. But, it seems to fall to me to be the "rum police" cuz while we were gone we drove down into Cali to the discount store and bought and entire case of rum. Its LOTS cheaper in Cali - since Oregon has price fixing, and the state runs the liquor stores. Anyway - now we have lots of it. Now hubby is very okay with having it on the weekends. I need to just say "I'm not drinking" cuz if I don't drink then he doesn't either (normally). Not always though. UGH...........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

primaLeaf is offline Senior Member
    Hi again EMFers! Thanks for entertaining my question a few pages ago. I spent most of yesterday reading through the whole thread (sorry professors).

Been primal to varying degrees of compliance for almost two years. I think somewhere along the line I forgot the initial message to embrace dietary fat. Remembered a couple weeks ago when I was doing some research to see if I could remedy lifelong digestive, ahem, recalcitrance. Spent a weekend in ketosis and felt fab. No cravings, steady energy, etc.

So I'm here because I'd like to drop about 22 lbs. (though my goal is more aesthetic than numbers-based) and because I'd like to find a version of primal/paleo that is optimal for ME. It strikes me that this thread is so enjoyable to read because, unlike so many others on the forum, it isn't about telling others what will UNDOUBTEDLY work for them, but supporting each other in the quest to find individualized success. So, if you'll have me, I'd love to come around and hang out!

In addition to my aesthetic goals, I'm looking for something that allows me to chill out w/r/t how much I think about nutrition. Intuitive eating is not my bag. Nor is regular IF. I had some success with it last year, and even though it was much easier than it would have been when I was a scone destroyer, I was still staring at the clock waiting for noon.

With the above in mind, I think I will resist, at least initially, counting macros. Instead I'm going to focus on keeping it VLC (under 30ish) and on adding good fats - bulletproof coffee, etc. See, how that goes, assess periodically, adjust as needed.

Sorry for the essay. I hope it at least gave you something marginally interesting to read and distract you from work/school/whatever. Happy Tuesday!

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Primaleaf! I think I came to this thread for the same reason, the support (and lots of info).