Page 174 of 282 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 174

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Julie, it was actually ready by 5. Oh, it was just as delicious as it was last night. This time I made a double batch so I could have left overs. Ill have no problem having it a few more times. I am on a mission to try at least three new recipes this week. Hardest part will be cooking for one.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Welcome SAdams! I just joined myself.

I made my leftover spaghetti squash, and it was just as good tonight. I forgot another ingredient....artichoke pesto. I found it at whole Foods and it sounded pretty good, and it is, lol.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome SAdams! What was it that drove your husband crazy? Maybe we can help with that too.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Hi Gang! Its so good to see the newcomers - several a day it seems!

Today was a stellar day for me - GREAT numbers and I'm feeling good! I broke down and spent $15.99 on ketostix - and its only a 50 count container. UGH! Next time I'll order them online and save some money! I'll use the first one in the morning. does is matter that I always go pee around 4 am - and then again at about 7:30 am? Will I get the accurate reading at 7:30? I'm so looking forward to seeing that I'm in deep ketosis and can expect the pounds to fall off!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

OzK
    OzK is offline Member
    And a welcome to the fellow newbies!

You know what astonishes me? How much we over eat, without ever thinking about it. I'm faithfully following Pebbles' guideline from page 1, and it's really adequate food, and yet ... there's not a lot of it. So wow. We as a culture have so allowed ourselves to slide into gluttony! Not meaning to, really. Just by not being mindful. By having so much at our fingertips. And all that mindless munching. It's amazing how different things are when the mindless munching stops.

But it's such a hard habit to break, especially when there's an emotional component to eating. I have a bingeing history myself. I seem to be close to winning it, but it's hard and I don't think the urge ever completely goes away. I'm just crossing my fingers that this time the weight I lose stays off for good. I am sick to death of the rollercoaster. Here's to developing strategies to short circuit that vicious cycle!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    tomi, In Jimmy Moore's N=1 experiment his ketones are higher at sunset than at sunrise. You might consider doing 1 day of morning and 1 day at sunset or just after to see which gives a better reading? For me I will do the morning, assuming it is a worst case scenario.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OzK View Post

You know what astonishes me? How much we over eat, without ever thinking about it. I'm faithfully following Pebbles' guideline from page 1, and it's really adequate food, and yet ... there's not a lot of it. So wow. We as a culture have so allowed ourselves to slide into gluttony! Not meaning to, really. Just by not being mindful. By having so much at our fingertips. And all that mindless munching. It's amazing how different things are when the mindless munching stops.

But it's such a hard habit to break, especially when there's an emotional component to eating. I have a bingeing history myself. I seem to be close to winning it, but it's hard and I don't think the urge ever completely goes away. I'm just crossing my fingers that this time the weight I lose stays off for good. I am sick to death of the rollercoaster. Here's to developing strategies to short circuit that vicious cycle!
    There's plenty of blame to go around, but don't ignore the continuous drumbeat from corporate America that we must constantly reach for processed snacks to avoid ever experiencing hunger. Follow the money. Who would lose the most if Americans cut their calorie intake by 1/3 and stopped purchasing junk?

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OzK View Post

Ya'll ever hear "clear your plate" or "eat all your food, there are starving children..." Yeah, I did. a lot of people did. So when we become adults, that's still ingrained in us. Etched to our very core. So, going to a restaurant where a "meal" is about what three people should eat, we're conditioned to "clear your plate."

Just a thought.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Ya'll ever hear "clear your plate" or "eat all your food, there are starving children..." Yeah, I did. a lot of people did. So when we become adults, that's still ingrained in us. Etched to our very core. So, going to a restaurant where a "meal" is about what three people should eat, we're conditioned to "clear your plate."

Just a thought.
    Absolutely. Programming us to ignore our hunger by eating everything that is on our plates is one of the worst things parents do to their kids.

I was raised to clean my plate "for the starving children in India". We were proud how well we cleaned our plates, regardless of how much was there, whether it was tasty or awful, or who had decided how much to put on it.

Of course, we weren't allowed to put on our plates only what we were hungry for. They had to be heaped high with food. It was a point of pride how much food we were able to pack down.

How'd that work out for starving kids in India, Mom? Didn't work out so well for me.
    Last edited by eKatherine; 02-26-2013 at 06:38 AM.

pamola10 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am noticing that I am not really hungry enough to eat all that I have prepared and recorded. This is another indication of ketosis, I guess, though those fat bombs last night were very filling. And I have to wonder about my moderate ketones this morning: due to metabolizing my personal fat or my dietary fat?

Doesn't matter too much. I am feeling slightly better, less foggy anyway, though I am still dropping things (this is a work burnout, I think, and not related overmuch to diet).

Need to get OFF the scale. I do best with weekly weighing but have been obsessing with the thing this week. It can be SO motivating (and of course the opposite is also possible).

I have been over calories and carbs but doing better about hitting the protein and fat macros...closer, anyway. Being over on carbs still means under 35 gm a day so I am not going to worry about that too much. I am hoping to get into some easy patterns of eating and working out so that when I go back to work (next week) it isn't too much to think about.

In the meantime, still have work to do (to catch up before people come back into the office next week) and decluttering around the house, and all of the usual things.

By the way, I threw cocoa nibs and sunflower seeds into the fat bombs. I was afraid that I would binge on them but wow, that's a LOT of fat...it would be really hard to binge on those things unless I really sweetened them up, which I didn't do.

Oh, I was checking out powdered stevia at the grocery store today, in the "organic" section, and the stuff (can't remember the brand name) has maltodextrin in it! And erithritol...I don't know how I react to that but other sugar alcohols are not so good.

Now I have to go and check the liquid stevia I bought last week. I usually don't mess with sugar substitutes because I respond behaviourally just like to sugar but I was persuaded by this thread to think about it. I am eager to try someone's (sorry) bullet-proof matcha green tea (was that you, Pebbles?) as soon as I can find the tea.