Page 171 of 282 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 171

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    Sorry , but I don't believe that for one minute - if you must know its too much time in front of the computer & not enough time in bed. I ALWAYS raid the kitchen if I'm still on the computer in the wee small hours. Its just that now a quick raid = lots of cals as its fat these days, not a chicken breast (and believe me, I am always nutritionally up to date on fat by the end of dinner).

Its just a habit I need to get out of but it is nice to know I'm not the only one raiding the kitchen when I'm not supposed to be
    Indeed, there are bad habits. But if you were deficient in some nutrient, even if it is only calories, this is not a "bad habit" that you can break. Eventually you would binge.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Good God, did we all have a shitty weekend?

Friday night I couldn't sleep worth a damn, so at 12:30AM
    I took a sleeping pill.

Bad idea.

Had to walk my part time dog job at 10AM the next day and had
    to get up at 7 so I could have my coffee first and then get all the
    pee out before my 1.5hr walk, so, sleep sucked.

My walk sucked. It took us an hour and a half to do what I USUALLY
    do in 45 minutes. SO.LAZY!

Good think I was able to let the pup off the leash to sprint around wildly, cuz
    otherwise, even the 1.5hrs of walking would have done him ZERO good. He's
    just a year old now, so, well, he's CRAZY, and needs LOTS of exercise.

After the walk I went home all pissed off over nothing, barked at the kids, barked
    at the husband, holed myself up in the master bedroom and watched TV. The husband
    took the kids to the park for like 4 hours, which was nice, but THAT pissed me off too,
    because the youngest had a biography report to do (that I did most of... the prop that is)
    and he needed to come home and FINISH IT cuz it was due on Monday.

So they got home, told the 7yo it was time to get to work, tears ensued and that pissed
    me off to the high heavens because he had just had the best time ever at the park for
    4 hours and now you can't write a couple of paragraphs when MOMMY did the REST of the
    report FOR YOU? REALLY? God.

Got that done, husband slinked outside with his tail between his legs, with the kids and
    I got back to watching TV on the BIG TV in the family room.... and then it struck me....

"Oreos would make mother feel a LOT better... a LOT BETTER".

So I ate them.

10 of them.

Then a handful of potato chips, and then I made Mike order pizza from our FAVORITE
    place on the planet, whereupon I ate FOUR PIECES (usually two is the max), and THEN
    I ate a Hershey bar!

I thought for sure that Red Death was coming early because of my horrible mood, AND because
    ALL OF THAT FOOD, in a time span of TWO HOURS, felt like nothing at all. I swear, hollow leg
    syndrome or something because it really felt like I was a bottomless pit.

Saturday night I slept like the dead, woke up in the BEST MOOD EVER, got up, had my coffee,
    went on a completely TOO STRENUOUS 12 mile hike (6miles straight up, 6miles straight down -
    the reviewer said it was MODERATE... moderate my ass!) that took THREE hours, drove home, still
    great mood, never got hungry, took a neighborhood walk with my youngest, and then later at 4:30
    asked my son if he wanted to go trail walking, which we did, for two hours.

What?

Really didn't make up for the THREE THOUSAND CALORIES that I ate on Saturday, but, me thinks
    I put those shitty carbs to use....

The End.

Julie

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    ah, we do the best we can, learn from our "mistakes" and don't dwell or allow guilt...it is a journey.

Tomorrow is another day (there is a song about this, can't remember the rest of it, but when I type that the line is sung in my head-"I'm not gonna let it get me down, no not gonna let is get me, cause tomorrow's another day, and I am thirsty anyway, so bring on the rain"
    Jodee Messina, "Bring on the rain."
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Fortunately, my weekend was great. I discovered Oopsie rolls! Um... this is fantastic. Yaknow, they don't really taste like much, but have this fascinating bread like texture. I also made crispy carnitas. OHMERGERRRD. Best pork dish I have ever eaten. So good, that I am making it AGAIN today. DAMN! I never do that.

Crispy Carnitas | Mark's Daily Apple

I don't know if it's really what ya'll are looking for as far as low protein, but I was seriously struggling with some food boredom. So, I made a determination to get back to cooking on sundays and mondays when boyfriend is here. Try this as soon as you can. You'll die in flavor heaven.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Fortunately, my weekend was great. I discovered Oopsie rolls! Um... this is fantastic. Yaknow, they don't really taste like much, but have this fascinating bread like texture. I also made crispy carnitas. OHMERGERRRD. Best pork dish I have ever eaten. So good, that I am making it AGAIN today. DAMN! I never do that.

Crispy Carnitas | Mark's Daily Apple

I don't know if it's really what ya'll are looking for as far as low protein, but I was seriously struggling with some food boredom. So, I made a determination to get back to cooking on sundays and mondays when boyfriend is here. Try this as soon as you can. You'll die in flavor heaven.
    People have talked those up more times than I can remember, but I haven't made them yet. Set out to one day, but decided to make pulled pork instead b/c I was missing some ingredients (cinnamon stick, I believe).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Jenn, the cinnamon stick was what really made it be fantastic to me. Just the essence of cinnamon in there really deepend the flavor and made the pork spectacular. Also, pork butt is key. The fattier the better. I cooked 3.5 pounds for three hours and when I pulled it out to shred it up, I didnt need to use two forks. I picked it up and it fell apart. Ok, Im going to stop there because my food nerd side is showing. But seriously, make these.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    I am soooo making the carnitas next weekend. I think I need to grocery shop on Saturdays since Sunday is my bad day. Maybe if I am prepared it will help.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    +1 This is exactly whayt happens to me. There are usually no thoughts as to whether I should or shouldn't binge.
    +1, although about half way through I do start thinking, you know you don't need this, etc. but by then I am on a roll and there is no stopping the train.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Could it be made with chicken? I am allergic to pork

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    It looks like you could do a beef roast, a chicken could work too I think.