Page 17 of 282 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 17

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I think in our January thread PaleoBird chimed in. You don't keep adding more calories (unless you are seriously hungry) to get your ratios right. Instead, finish the day the best you can, and start fresh the next day.

Speaking from experience this last month, keeping your ratios right, while your overall grams and calories are too high for your body, keeps you out of ketosis and (if you do this enough days, like I did), causes weight gain.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    what is fat bread?? It sounds sinful. And choffee? Spill!

Quote Originally Posted by foodiegoneprimal View Post
    Mmm had a slice of fat bread grilled with 3 strips of bacon and two eggs scrambled in some of the bacon grease. Also had a cup of choffy with half & half...choffy is my new favorite thing. Less caffine than coffee and a wonderful deep chocolate flavor. Down another lb at 176 this morning.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Fat bread rocks. Check out our recipe group (pretty early on - probably the 1st page) for a recipe.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    valmason, I lived in Gainesville for quite a few years and always planned to move to Sarasota as well, we vacationed there when we were kids. then I met the hubs and ended up staying a while longer before I moved to the South (Tennessee is way more southern than Florida!)

Everyone needs to 1. Check out the recipe thread, and 2. post those recipes that you find working. Just make the title of the new discussion the name of the recipe so it will be easy for us to find it!

For me, regarding the percentages, I don't pay that much attention to them. I work hard at keeping the carbs and protein within the limits and then fill in with the fat. If I go over on the carbs/protein, I ignore that and move on like it never happened. No guilt no punishment, just a learning experience. That helps me get back on track the fastest of anything I have tried. I think a day once a month (depending on your activity level) going over your carb/protein amounts is not going to kill you if you don't go totally nuts, but it will knock you out of ketosis no matter how much fat you have.

there are a few of us who have added butter to broth or bouillon and find it hellpful. It really is about the sodium though, so if it is low sodium (Trader Joes usually is) gotta add some.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Thx that what I assumed

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    How nice to 'meet' another Floridian. Hard to imagine more southern than all the rural areas surrounding Gainesville but I will take your word for it. I am pretty much a southern girl with deep roots in this area of the world

I will add the sodium, just looking for ways to increase fat w/out increasing protein. How much broth should I have a day?

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    valmason, I lived in Gainesville for quite a few years and always planned to move to Sarasota as well, we vacationed there when we were kids. then I met the hubs and ended up staying a while longer before I moved to the South (Tennessee is way more southern than Florida!)

Everyone needs to 1. Check out the recipe thread, and 2. post those recipes that you find working. Just make the title of the new discussion the name of the recipe so it will be easy for us to find it!

For me, regarding the percentages, I don't pay that much attention to them. I work hard at keeping the carbs and protein within the limits and then fill in with the fat. If I go over on the carbs/protein, I ignore that and move on like it never happened. No guilt no punishment, just a learning experience. That helps me get back on track the fastest of anything I have tried. I think a day once a month (depending on your activity level) going over your carb/protein amounts is not going to kill you if you don't go totally nuts, but it will knock you out of ketosis no matter how much fat you have.

there are a few of us who have added butter to broth or bouillon and find it hellpful. It really is about the sodium though, so if it is low sodium (Trader Joes usually is) gotta add some.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    Considering a move to Sarasota next year. It is one of the most beautiful places I know and the ocean heals whatever ails me.
    Sarasota is my happy place, especially during a New York winter. Ten years to retirement, then we snowbird until I can strong arm my husband into living there full time. Besides our 15 yr old wants this house.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Hey, nother FL girl here...
    Actually I'm "from" TN... but I've been mistaken for a "real Floridian" so I've gone native, and take that as a compliment.

IMO TN is much more "southern" than anywhere but up in the panhandle... I lived there for a couple of years too.

Glad to be a "real" FL girl now!
    I'm Floridian my marriage as hubs is from here in Central FL.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

valmason, as much as you need on the broth. I usually did a large cup (12 to 16oz). I rarely need it now. I like adding the butter to my morning tea, yum!!

I was in Orlando, before Disney was there, then moved to New Smyrna Beach, then to Gainesville to go back to school. No, you are probably right, except for the hills here, backwoods Gainesville probably isn't much different than the sticks around here! We plan to snowbird to Amelia Island for our retirement. want to be close to great medical care (Mayo).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Hey, nother FL girl here...
    Actually I'm "from" TN... but I've been mistaken for a "real Floridian" so I've gone native, and take that as a compliment.

IMO TN is much more "southern" than anywhere but up in the panhandle... I lived there for a couple of years too.

Glad to be a "real" FL girl now!
    I'm Floridian my marriage as hubs is from here in Central FL.
    Being in Florida before Disney, made me a native! I am still a Florida girl at heart. I miss the beach horribly, and can't get used to the 5 minute warnings for tornadoes. I prefer the 2 week warnings for the hurricanes!