Page 168 of 282 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 168

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Congrats on making it through the whole thread! and Welcome.

BklynGirl is offline Member
    Hi everyone! I've been keeping up with this thread for a little while and decided to try ketosis for a little bit to see what, if any, benefits there were (mostly in terms of body recomp and energy). I'm sorry if my question has already been addressed, but I didn't have the mental strength to read through this entire thread. But can you give me some suggestions for low-protein or protein-free fat sources, preferably non-meat, that will keep me full? It'd be great if I could hear some suggestions for snacks as well, since I'm a college student and don't have time to prepare and eat a huge breakfast / brunch that will keep me going until dinner. (Plus I'd get hungry even if I did). As much as I love eating coconut oil out of the jar, I find it doesn't keep me sated. Oils, etc. are feeling like ineffective calories because I'm still hungry afterward. Thanks!

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Sorry, didn't realize you were asking for possible explanations of why. Simplistically, salt concentration in the system is the most common reason for retention. Either from ingesting too much salt or too little water. When it gets back to normal the body releases the water. For me consistently drinking a good bit of water every single day is the best way to make sure I don't spend one day puffy and the next day in the bathroom. I also add a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) to a 50oz bottle of water (along with stevia to taste) and drink that in the morning every day. My intake of fluids is from 125oz to 150oz a day.

Inactivity can also cause retention or at least pooling in the extremities as muscle action is what moves the fluids around. Personally I plan to make a trip to the bathroom at least once an hour while at work because I have a job where I sit too much.

If you don't think that is the issue, then you should probably have it checked. Constant water retention is related to high blood pressure (not sure which comes first, but when I don't retain water I don't have high blood pressure). And there are medical reasons for retention, that probably require medication.
    Thanks, that clears things up a bit. I don't drink a lot of water so I don't run to the bathroom all the time. I could be creating my own problem.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynGirl View Post
    Hi everyone! I've been keeping up with this thread for a little while and decided to try ketosis for a little bit to see what, if any, benefits there were (mostly in terms of body recomp and energy). I'm sorry if my question has already been addressed, but I didn't have the mental strength to read through this entire thread. But can you give me some suggestions for low-protein or protein-free fat sources, preferably non-meat, that will keep me full? It'd be great if I could hear some suggestions for snacks as well, since I'm a college student and don't have time to prepare and eat a huge breakfast / brunch that will keep me going until dinner. (Plus I'd get hungry even if I did). As much as I love eating coconut oil out of the jar, I find it doesn't keep me sated. Oils, etc. are feeling like ineffective calories because I'm still hungry afterward. Thanks!
    There is a recipe group for LCHF on MDA , and in that group there is a discussion called "How to get more fat for NK" and there are 2 links in there with suggestions. Also many of us are members of MyFitnessPal and have friended each other, so we can check out each other's diaries for ideas and suggestions. The recipe group itself also has recipes for fat bombs and other things for getting fat.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I've been trying to get Ketostix......... but am finding they are pretty expensive! one store sells a pack of 100 for 14.99 - but I don't really think I need 100. I went to a small walmart and they didn't carry any. I looked on line and most of the 50 packs were about 8 or 9 dollars. I'm wondering if I'm in ketosis - but too cheap to get the test strips! I'm going to ask the guy in lab at work if he has any expired ones that I can have.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Ooooh girrrrl! I'd snatch up those 100 for 14.99!

And don't believe what they say about them "expiring".

I found some in my OUTSIDE shed (gets hotter than hell in there
    and colder than a well digger's arse in winter) from 2001, tightly
    closed, but had been opened before, and they were FINE. Jusssst
    fine.

14.99 for 100 is GREAT.

I get mine at Target, 50 for 12.99 or something stupid like that.

So then I cut them lengthwise, which is fine, but I'd rather have
    them at their original size thankyouverymuch.

So get 'em!

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Ooooh girrrrl! I'd snatch up those 100 for 14.99!

So get 'em!

Julie
    OH - well I guess that isn't such a bad price....... but still - my cheapness is saying, "do I need to spend $14.99 for something that I will pee on and throw away?" Maybe I'll splurg just once
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

question............. will alcohol throw me out of ketosis?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    ^ this is why you need those ketostix.

jmosery is offline Member
    Where do you recommend getting a glucose monitor and ketostix?