Page 166 of 281 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2806

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 166

MrsZimm13 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    MrsZ re: traveling. It can be done, although it is not easy. I do travel somewhat frequently for work. First, and I think this is important, be firmly (and I mean pretty firmly) in NK and have a routine. Then, plan, plan, plan. Take food if you can (I can usually eat breakfast by myself and then have obligations for lunch and dinner). If you can tolerate dairy and non-animal fats, it will be easier -- you can add sour cream, cheese, guac, etc. to get your fat up. In my case (no dairy and I need to limit non-animal fats), I do my best to get fatty meats. Authentic Mexican restaurants help a lot (although if you're like me, you don't have a whole lot of say about where you will be eating!). Also, if you can bring a stash of food to supplement if you can't find much decent to eat, that is also helpful.
    Hi RMS- thanks for the advice. You've made me want Mexican food today! LOL.

I have to go to food tradeshows and the food on the floor is never primal and the hours are long so it's tough. You're right, I will have to better plan and take food along with me. I don't always rent a car when I travel so can't always get to a grocery store. When staying in a hotel sometimes they have a refrigerator sometimes not. Perhaps a sack of macadamia nuts to keep close by will help.
    This coming week I have a 6 day work week and 5 days I'll be away from home.
    I just have to figure out what works and do it!

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Leaf, I plan to stay in ketosis for life. Ditto Pebbles reasons, yes I want to lose fat, but really the health reasons (some of which are complicated by the excess fat I carry around) are the reason I am doing this.

Itchy, Welcome. If you track your food, many of us are on MyFitnessPal and friended each other so we can peruse daily diaries. Would love to hear of benefits you are feeling besides fat loss.

mks8500 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Lower Protein Experiment Day 2

Macros 150/59/20 grams 1676 cals

Wt. 226.6 (same)
    FBS 96 (Y 104) Finally in normal range.
    Ketones small 15mg/dl (Y trace) 15mg/dl = .8 Mmol
    4 clean hflc days

Felt great all day, even after my big gym workout. I have DOMS today due to heavy lifting. Zero urge to binge.

Neg: Dry mouth at night continues. I think I will test my BS at that time tonight.
    This looks great Pebbles! Best part about it seems the zero urge to binge. :-) You mentioned that you're drinking plenty of water but are you drinking it late into the evening also? I find that I try not to drink too much at night so I don't have to get up but if I drink a little up water until I go to bed, the dry mouth seems like less of an issue.

primaLeaf is offline Senior Member
    Thanks! I think I'll proceed feeling less obligated to manufacture a break in ketosis then and just let it happen naturally. Appreciate the input!

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Hi everyone...I've been unofficially following this thread and trying my own experiment with high fat and I have to say that I think it's working! Thanks to everyone for this thread! I started the PB on February 1, but really haven't lost any weight--I did lose right away, but gained it right back--I think I was overeating both protein and carbs which were up near the 100 g mark. I started the PB at my highest weight ever, 182.6 pounds (female, 5'4"). I've been trying to gain a mental edge by getting below 180, but just haven't been able to do it. So, a few days ago I decided to give the higher fat, lower carbs/protein thing a try. I'm happy to say that I have finally dropped below that 180 mark. Yay.

I still have a few non-primal things to get out of my diet, but I'm making progress and you all have helped.

I can't seem to find my paper which has the exact figures, but I estimated that I need somewhere around 60 g of protein (max, but I've been eating around 100 g), around 39 g carbs (I've been eating more around 90-100 g), and the somewhere way over 100 g of fat. Wish I could find that paper, lol. It must be at work.

Rosemary 231 is online now Senior Member
    Question here . . . is this meter you're using the same as diabetics use to test their blood? Actually a family member has one at home. Are the strips the same as what he uses to test his blood - when he bothers, he's just pre-diabetic. As far as the Ketosticks go, I can't seem to get above the color tan.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    Question here . . . is this meter you're using the same as diabetics use to test their blood? Actually a family member has one at home. Are the strips the same as what he uses to test his blood - when he bothers, he's just pre-diabetic. As far as the Ketosticks go, I can't seem to get above the color tan.
    Seems like it took me forever to just get to moderate ketosis. A fat fast and some exercise put me in deeper ketosis
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    Hi everyone...I've been unofficially following this thread and trying my own experiment with high fat and I have to say that I think it's working! Thanks to everyone for this thread! I started the PB on February 1, but really haven't lost any weight--I did lose right away, but gained it right back--I think I was overeating both protein and carbs which were up near the 100 g mark. I started the PB at my highest weight ever, 182.6 pounds (female, 5'4"). I've been trying to gain a mental edge by getting below 180, but just haven't been able to do it. So, a few days ago I decided to give the higher fat, lower carbs/protein thing a try. I'm happy to say that I have finally dropped below that 180 mark. Yay.

I still have a few non-primal things to get out of my diet, but I'm making progress and you all have helped.

I can't seem to find my paper which has the exact figures, but I estimated that I need somewhere around 60 g of protein (max, but I've been eating around 100 g), around 39 g carbs (I've been eating more around 90-100 g), and the somewhere way over 100 g of fat. Wish I could find that paper, lol. It must be at work.

Congrats! and welcome. The original formula is basically that your protein in grams is your HSIS in kg, then carbs are about half that and then fat is double the protein. So if HSIS is 60kg, protein is 60g, carbs are 30g, Fat is 120g. Not as precise as some are able to do with the percentages and such, but then nutrition is not usually that precise either.

B2B
    B2B is offline Senior Member
    Hello All,
    I just posted a recipe in the HFLC recipe group for Creamy Southwestern Taco soup. Very easy and really yummy.... I only wish I knew who to credit for this gem as I found it surfing various message boards yesterday.
    “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

SW (January 2011): 208.5
    LPW (March 23, 2013): 156.0
    CW (July, 4, 2013): 172

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    The meter is the same meter as Diabetics use, though not all meters can test for ketones. Some only test blood sugar. And the strips for blood sugar are different than the ones for ketones.