Page 165 of 281 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2804

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 165

Rosemary 231 is online now Senior Member
    Is there any side effects in adding about 1/2 cup of flaxseed to about 1 1/2 to 2 lb meatloaf. I don't intend to eat the whole meatloaf at once. I think this thread is where I saw flaxseed mentioned in meatloaf.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I would just do the recipe in MFP (or where ever you are tracking) and divide it by how many servings you get out of it. For me, I am doing Net Carbs so it would easily work for that. there are about 25g of total carb, so if you get 5 or 6 servings (depending on what else you add) 4g or 5g would not be much per serving, also depending on what you serve with it and what else you had that day.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday, I noticed the peach fuzz on my face is pretty much gone and the hairs on my arms are a lot finer.

primaLeaf is offline Senior Member
    hi ladies! (and gents, if there are any lurking in here that i missed). wondering how you all feel about extended stays in ketosis. had a good run last weekend - first time ive ever gotten a purple ketostix result - felt good, etc. had to stay pretty low carb, even veggies, to maintain, and then eventually decided i should have a salad or something. carbs went up during the week and knocked me out of ketosis.
    i know i've seen mark say that occasional ketosis is desirable, but i'm wondering what you all are aiming for on the HFLC protocol - 2 days, 3 days, forever? love to get some perspectives on this.
    happy weekend!
    SW: 170.6
    GW: ABS

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    My goal is to stay in ketosis. I may be mistaken but it seems thats when I lose weight.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    Greetings thread. I'm currently going through this thread to catch up.

I went Primal/Paleo almost 8 weeks ago, I wasn't looking to lose a lot of weight, I was looking for better health. I found it

Anyway, I didn't have any specific goal as far as macros go, but I found after eleiminating starches and sugars and allowing myself to eat what I want otherwise, I prefer a diet that puts me in ketosis.

I eat 70/20/10 on most days, and yes, I spend most of my time in ketosis. I researched the hell out of it, and I am convinced I can eat this way indefinately. And that is what I intend to do.

I look forward to all of your insights
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal leaf,

While I think ketosis can be useful in the short term, I intend to stay in ketosis for life. I have a family and personal medical history which demands it.

That said, if come out of ketosis for whatever reason, I will strive to get back in.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Lower Protein Experiment Day 2

Macros 150/59/20 grams 1676 cals

Wt. 226.6 (same)
    FBS 96 (Y 104) Finally in normal range.
    Ketones small 15mg/dl (Y trace) 15mg/dl = .8 Mmol
    4 clean hflc days

Felt great all day, even after my big gym workout. I have DOMS today due to heavy lifting. Zero urge to binge.

Neg: Dry mouth at night continues. I think I will test my BS at that time tonight.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-24-2013 at 03:07 AM.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

OzK
    OzK is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TooSteep View Post
    Hello all:

I am perplexed. I read "The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance' a few weeks back, and was very intrigued by the prospects of changing my metabolism, so I embarked on a HFLC diet on Sat Jan 26. Today is day 23.

Here's what has me perplexed: I have been using a Precision Ultra blood meter to test my ketones daily. Last week from Saturday to Wednesday, I was at 2.1, 2.5, 3.4, 2.5 and 3.2 (some variation in time of day). Suddenly with no change in my diet (I've been logging and eating very similar foods), it dropped to 1.4 on Thursday and Friday, and 0.8 yesterday and today! And yes, I feel particularly weak and tired, since I haven't eaten any carbs.

Does anyone have an explanation for this? Is this part of the keto-adaptation process? I still have not had the 'aha' moment that others report, even over the time when I was consistently measuring 2.2+. I.e., I haven't felt any positive changes yet, and still suffer from hunger and poor sports performance. The drop in blood ketones is quite surprising to me, since my diet had been 'ketogenic' and it was easy to stay on path I was on, knowing that it might take up to 5 weeks to have an impact. But now I don't even appear to be in ketosis???

Ideas?
    Hey there - new here. Have just read all the way from page 1 and must pass out soon so will intro myself properly later. But I think it could be a case of your body becoming ketone adapted, burning more ketones so excess don't show up in your blood to register on the test strip. It's not a case of suddenly not doing things right, it's your body being more efficient. My understanding is that so long as you're keeping the protein moderate, the carbs low and the fat high you are running a fat-burning engine and so needn't worry.

MrsZimm13 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Pamola, no offense taken! Congrats on getting a week alone to work out the details, and to results even before you have gotten all the way into it.

MrsZimm, as in any situation where you use a program to lose weight, if you jump back to what you were doing before the weight loss started you will gain the weight back. I would suggest that once you lose your weight, if you want to increase your carbs, you do it slowly and keep tabs on your weight. Your body will let you know where to stop. At the point you stop feeling as good or you start putting weight back on that is obviously where you would back it back up.

I am sorry, but I can't remember, are you losing weight on the Primal as you have been doing it these past 7 weeks?

Hi, I lost 8-10 pounds in 7 weeks. My husband on the other hand has lost 24 in the same timeframe. I was perfect on PB until 2 nights ago (a one night slip), but I am back on track. The slip was a result of being in a work situation with no primal food to eat. Poor planning on my part.

I am really happy eating PB and don't have cravings to eat sugar or breads as I did before. I would like to drop 10-20 by June and plan to EMF to realize that goal, but I can't start EMF until March 15 as I am traveling constantly until then. I will stick with PB until then then switch over with all of the knowledge I am gaining now.
    Thanks for all of your help.