Page 164 of 282 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 164

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    MrsZ re: traveling. It can be done, although it is not easy. I do travel somewhat frequently for work. First, and I think this is important, be firmly (and I mean pretty firmly) in NK and have a routine. Then, plan, plan, plan. Take food if you can (I can usually eat breakfast by myself and then have obligations for lunch and dinner). If you can tolerate dairy and non-animal fats, it will be easier -- you can add sour cream, cheese, guac, etc. to get your fat up. In my case (no dairy and I need to limit non-animal fats), I do my best to get fatty meats. Authentic Mexican restaurants help a lot (although if you're like me, you don't have a whole lot of say about where you will be eating!). Also, if you can bring a stash of food to supplement if you can't find much decent to eat, that is also helpful.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Last night my boyfriend and I went out to a nice restaurant. They have a lovely bread basket of bread they make themselves, and they serve it with three little crocks containing unsalted butter, coarsely ground peppercorns, or salt. This time I took half the butter, scraped it on my bread and butter dish, sprinkled over pepper and salt, and nibbled on it while he ate bread.

When I travel I try to find steak and salad, or just salads with meat and cheese in them. Authentic Mexican recipes very often have flour in the ingredients, which I can't have.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Hey ladies... not sure if any of you are using/eating this stuff for a fat source now but I recommend it!
    I picked up a thing today and glanced at the label. I hadn't had a jar in a while and didn't pay much attention to the label before.
    It's Mexican Crema.

It's basically just a cultured HWC.
    Much less tangy than yogurt and different in consistency and taste than continental style sour cream.
    Absolutely delicious as a stand alone sauce if you put a couple of Tbs on some mushrooms or veggies IMO... heck... dab your meat in it too.
    The nutrition on mine reads like this one>
    2Tbs, 80cal, 8gms fat, 1 carb, 1 protein...
    Calories in Lala Crema Mexicana (Mexican Style Sour Cream) and Nutrition Facts
    I was looking at that last night at the store thinking about getting some. I may have to now!
    Georgette

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I was looking at that last night at the store thinking about getting some. I may have to now!
    I buy org sour cream, add a couple tsps of org lime juice and a little lime zest, let rest awhile in fridge.. So good.
    I made no beans chili the other rainy night and it was so good on top.. DH couldn't stop praising my cooking skills

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    I took out large quantities of tomatoes and onions from my diet, using them only in small amounts on salads, after reading Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution diet info. I really miss spaghetti and chili and even french onion soup. I wonder if ever few weeks making some would be too much.

Oh yeah, I a very interested to see what happens next week if I stay on point and do the burstfit dvd with cutie Dr. Josh. I saw a tremendous loss from the binge weeks and can't help but attribute it to burst. It says burn 3 x more fat right on the cover, lol.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post

Re protein – not eating a piece of meat is a small price to pay for being HSIS (if only……)
    +10 million!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    I buy org sour cream, add a couple tsps of org lime juice and a little lime zest, let rest awhile in fridge.. So good.
    I made no beans chili the other rainy night and it was so good on top.. DH couldn't stop praising my cooking skills
    I often have something saucey made up as well, like tzatziki and other whimsy garlic dressings that work cold or warm, but this works very well for a plain sauce when you've got nothing already done.
    It's flavor seems to have just the right amount of 'something' to go well on stuff, but not be overt. Just a mild creamy sauce.
    It's nice.
    I will probably be my 'go to' for mushrooms from now on as it's better than just creaming them. Just saute them, and dollop that on top after plating.
    (and then the broccoli and pork chop all come over for a swoop in too)

I suppose you could heat it in the pan, but I didn't want to risk it breaking as some creams will.
    Maybe once off heat next time.
    Last edited by cori93437; 02-23-2013 at 10:53 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Yeah all you EMFers!

I'm down to 181.4 this morning! back to pre-vacation weight! next target is my primal low of 177. I'm working hard to see that number by March 1. Then its onward and downward! My birthday is 22 weeks away and I still need to take off 46 pounds!!! EMF is my only hope to make that goal - but I know its totally doable! No more vacations or anything to de-rail my progress! I have no issues with special events that have non-primal food, its easy to just pass over any food that isn't going to be helpful or healthy. Just because there is cake at arms reach doesn't mean I have to put in my mouth!

Have a great day - eat lots of fat today!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    I took out large quantities of tomatoes and onions from my diet, using them only in small amounts on salads, after reading Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution diet info. I really miss spaghetti and chili and even french onion soup. I wonder if ever few weeks making some would be too much.
    I find I am more successful at this if I keep a sharp focus on those things I can have instead of thinking about the things I can't. I truthfully find spaghetti squash with butter and parm much more enjoyable than pasta. I admit I am not a huge tomato fan, so tomato sauce is not something I think much about.

Surely you can make a french onion soup with broth and just a small bit of onion, and (obviously) skip the bread and just broil the cheese on top.

Also, if you make an authentic no-bean no-tomato chilli it should satisfy the craving. Real "Texas" Chili, no beans/no tomatoes,,Super Bowl Party food - by ArizonaBill - Newsvine an example recipe.. obviously sub out the vegetable oil

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I find I am more successful at this if I keep a sharp focus on those things I can have instead of thinking about the things I can't. I truthfully find spaghetti squash with butter and parm much more enjoyable than pasta. I admit I am not a huge tomato fan, so tomato sauce is not something I think much about.

Surely you can make a french onion soup with broth and just a small bit of onion, and (obviously) skip the bread and just broil the cheese on top.

Also, if you make an authentic no-bean no-tomato chilli it should satisfy the craving. Real "Texas" Chili, no beans/no tomatoes,,Super Bowl Party food - by ArizonaBill - Newsvine an example recipe.. obviously sub out the vegetable oil
    If you carmelize the onions and put them with a rich bone broth, you dont need many onions to get the flavor. I thought i would miss tomato anything but i dont. I put some rotel in my green chili but thats it.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.