Page 163 of 281 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2806

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 163

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by murf73 View Post
    Hey guys, I am doing to ketosis challenge, but I have a question. How do you figure out your HSIS?
    Some of us use a previous "Hot" weight. Others find a weight chart and pick a weight in the range for their height. Mine is mid range for my height and a weight I felt good at once upon a time.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    murf, I think most of us just used a weight we had been before as a guide. If you do not have a point in your life where you were thin or close to thin, there are all sorts of charts and equations you could use if you google it.

pebbles beat me, so what she said.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    LOL, I'm using a weight I've never been. I'm hoping I look good at 150.
    Georgette

MrsZimm13 is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone-
    I am 7 weeks into primal, lost 8-10 pounds, would like to lose 30-32 more.

I found your first blog then of course this one. I've been lurking for a few days...but I am very curious about this method of weightloss. It's been very informative to read all of your posts- but I am having some difficulty learning all of the acronyms.

What I have not read or been able to figure out by reading the posts is if I try EMF and lose 10 pounds, when I go back to regular PB will I gain the 10 pounds?

HSIS : 160 (in reality I'd rather be 150, but not sure if I can get there)
    5'8 1/2
    Protein: 73 g
    Fat: 146 g
    Carbs: 36 g

I travel frequently for work and not see how I could manage this woe. Is there anyone reading this post that travels and how do you handle eating when you do?
    I am seriously contemplating starting EMF after March 15th when I am off the road for a few straight weeks.

Thanks for your help. I am going to keep reading and learning and lurking before stepping off the edge.
    Last edited by MrsZimm13; 02-23-2013 at 05:55 AM.

I am Primal while doing EMF I am not sure why you would gain weight going to Primal. Also for me EMF is likely lifetime.

According to the equation that we started with your carbs would be half of your protein. So 36g

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Hey ladies... not sure if any of you are using/eating this stuff for a fat source now but I recommend it!
    I picked up a thing today and glanced at the label. I hadn't had a jar in a while and didn't pay much attention to the label before.
    It's Mexican Crema.

It's basically just a cultured HWC.
    Much less tangy than yogurt and different in consistency and taste than continental style sour cream.
    Absolutely delicious as a stand alone sauce if you put a couple of Tbs on some mushrooms or veggies IMO... heck... dab your meat in it too.
    The nutrition on mine reads like this one>
    2Tbs, 80cal, 8gms fat, 1 carb, 1 protein...
    Calories in Lala Crema Mexicana (Mexican Style Sour Cream) and Nutrition Facts
    Last edited by cori93437; 02-22-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Lower Protein Project Day 1

Macros 142/62/20 (grams) 1600 cals
    Wt 226.6 -2
    FBS 103 (Y-109)
    Ketostix-Trace (3 days clean)

Good energy / mood all day. No urge to binge. 88% sleep efficiency. Happy with 1st day.

Negative: Terrible dry mouth this morning even after drinking 100oz water yesterday.

pamola10 is offline Member
    Point taken, Pebbles and Demuralist. A binge is a binge, and yes, I have binged on brussels sprouts cooked in bacon fat (when the feeling is about being out of control and eating way beyond satiety). So I'll quit with my "be nice to yourself" stuff. I am sure you've BTDT. I didn't mean any offense.

I think I have had some trouble with the macros because of some unwillingness to actually eat THAT much fat. But I am beginning to see it working even for me. (why I didn't think so, I can't imagine...)

Just got back from the market with four lovely lamb chops, a free range chicken, pastured eggs, some asparagus that is most certainly NOT organic, but I feel prepared for the next few days. Also have chicken broth started in the crock pot: I had never heard of making broth that way but I heard about it here and so thanks for that tip. And DH is off on a multi day ski trip AND I took next week off, so I am looking forward to a good week without anyone hovering over my carb intake but me. (He, of course, thinks I NEED carbs).

Great thread.

MrsZimm13 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I am Primal while doing EMF I am not sure why you would gain weight going to Primal. Also for me EMF is likely lifetime.

According to the equation that we started with your carbs would be half of your protein. So 36g
    My thoughts on gaining were based on eating more carbs on PB than EMF. I have been eating between 50 and 100 g carbs for the past 7 weeks. If I start eating no more than 36 g per day then switch back to 50-100g I thought that might trigger weight gain.

Thanks for the help on total carb g to eat daily.

Pamola, no offense taken! Congrats on getting a week alone to work out the details, and to results even before you have gotten all the way into it.

MrsZimm, as in any situation where you use a program to lose weight, if you jump back to what you were doing before the weight loss started you will gain the weight back. I would suggest that once you lose your weight, if you want to increase your carbs, you do it slowly and keep tabs on your weight. Your body will let you know where to stop. At the point you stop feeling as good or you start putting weight back on that is obviously where you would back it back up.

I am sorry, but I can't remember, are you losing weight on the Primal as you have been doing it these past 7 weeks?