Page 162 of 282 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 162

mks8500 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Megan, I still can't see your tests as they compare to your daily totals, so I could be way off base. .
    What tests? :-)

My HSIS is between 91 and 100kg. I know this seems high, but I remember myself just a few lbs skinnier than that and it wasn't pretty. I workout 5 days a week alternating between swimming, cycling and running. On days that I run I throw in a few sets of push ups, med ball exercises or something involving a kettle bell.

So Pebbles, mine would be 91kg x .8 = 72.8 or 100kg x .8 = 80, right? Many of my days were below 80 (many of them weren't too). I think I'll aim for the lower number of 70-72 ish this week.

I hope I'm not sounding combative or argumentative. I'm writing/talking through this as I go. I really do appreciate the input.

ME

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    I have been invited out to dinner in a couple of weeks time. I have just checked the menu - not good. The only 'meat only' option is steak & as someone else is paying I wont be ordering that (over here steak is the expensive option) . So that leaves me with home made beefburger or home made mushroom stroganoff? Any thoughts either way?

pamola10 is offline Member
    Hi, all.

I wrote a post yesterday and then zoomed away and apparently didn't actually post it. Sorry about that...so Pebbles asked about my goal weight and offered suggestions for my macros. Thank you for that!

My goal weight is 118; I am 5'2", 57 years old, not fine-boned but nobody would ever call me sturdy.

I have modified my macros to drop the protein and raise the fat. So now I am at 100 gm of fat and 60 gm protein. I am finding this pretty hard to do but I can see that I am slowly getting the hang of it.

I am impressed by your scientific approach, N=1 notwithstanding, and still awed by all of the acronyms. I am getting many of them.

I have dropped a little weight which feels good. I mean really a little....1.2 pounds. I have reached this point several times over the last year and when I drop below 130 there is something about that mark that somehow results in my losing my focus. So I am aware of that and wanting to maintain focus.

I was really wondering what you are meaning when you refer to a binge. A day when you eat 1800 calories, all of it primal, may be off program but wouldn't count as a binge in my world. I wonder if maybe that language is a bit harsh? I do find (n=1, of course) that when I am kinder to myself the changes are easier to make. Somehow over the last 1.5 years, I lost ten pounds without knowing how. Mostly I stopped berating myself. Anyway, I am hoping to work this NK plan without too much self criticism and just see what this now-menopausal body needs in order to let go of extra fat and grow some strong muscles.

Thanks again for this thread. It has helped me to negotiate MFP as well.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Megan, I am thinking that you should slowly lower your protein until the NK numbers come up again. Start at 73.

Also, what are your total calories?

Quote Originally Posted by pamola10 View Post
    Hi, all.

I was really wondering what you are meaning when you refer to a binge. A day when you eat 1800 calories, all of it primal, may be off program but wouldn't count as a binge in my world. I wonder if maybe that language is a bit harsh? I do find (n=1, of course) that when I am kinder to myself the changes are easier to make. Somehow over the last 1.5 years, I lost ten pounds without knowing how. Mostly I stopped berating myself. Anyway, I am hoping to work this NK plan without too much self criticism and just see what this now-menopausal body needs in order to let go of extra fat and grow some strong muscles.

Thanks again for this thread. It has helped me to negotiate MFP as well.
    pamola10,

I have a binge eating disorder. When triggered, I will eat for 3-5 hrs straight shoving down all the sugar and carbs I can. This results in eating 5,000? extra calories. When I write binge, I mean BINGE!
    I need to add that I am not unkind to myself, but I cannot sugar coat it either because I have health issues and each binge could cause serious complications.

EDIT: I wrote "sugar coat" lol
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-22-2013 at 11:21 AM.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Megan, the test I was referring to was that I thought that the attachment that is/was not showing yet is showing the ketone blood tests you have been doing and how they relate to your macros. I am not taking it argumentative at all. It is hard to add the inflection when you type and on this particular thread especially, I assume positive vibes.

pamola, for me a binge is how/why I eat and has nothing to do with what/how much I eat. I have binged on brussells sprouts (not a good idea mind you). So if you use the original formula from the first page and take your 118lb goal which is 53kg, then your protein goal would be 53g, carbs half that at 26g and fat double it at 106g. If you experience a stall you might push your macros closer to that and see if it helps.

Pebbles haha, pass the bacon!

mks8500 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Megan, I am thinking that you should slowly lower your protein until the NK numbers come up again. Start at 73.

Also, what are your total calories?
    Somewhere between 1400-1500. I go spurts of 1200 and 1300 and then one day was as high as almost 1800. I think I average around 1350 with no allocation for exercise.

Demuralist - Can you not see the image that I posted?

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Nope, it says attachments pending approval. I sure it will show up in a day or two. these things can take time.

Quote Originally Posted by mks8500 View Post
    Somewhere between 1400-1500. I go spurts of 1200 and 1300 and then one day was as high as almost 1800. I think I average around 1350 with no allocation for exercise.

Demuralist - Can you not see the image that I posted?
    Looks like lowering Protein is the way to go. Maybe Try to keep total carbs at 20 max.

Maybe your body just needs time to adjust.

murf73 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey guys, I am doing to ketosis challenge, but I have a question. How do you figure out your HSIS?