Page 161 of 281 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2808

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 161

mks8500 is offline Member
    Shop Now
    My body is frustrating me. After dropping out of ketosis a few days ago (presumably because of the 30 carbs), I got back in then dropped back out. The protein dropping with the carbs doesn't seem to help. I even took my FBG this morning in case that information would help. It's not necessarily the weight (though I've gained this week) but more the fact that I can't seem to get into this NK for the life of me. Thoughts?

Megan

Capture.JPG

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mks8500 View Post
    My body is frustrating me. After dropping out of ketosis a few days ago (presumably because of the 30 carbs), I got back in then dropped back out. The protein dropping with the carbs doesn't seem to help. I even took my FBG this morning in case that information would help. It's not necessarily the weight (though I've gained this week) but more the fact that I can't seem to get into this NK for the life of me. Thoughts?

Megan

Capture.JPG
    Please note: I am no expert, just making observations here.... when I look at your MFP diary yesterday looks pretty good, but Mon, Tues, and Wednesday you are pretty high protein. Just going by what we have been reading recently from Dr. Ede's blog her protein looks like it needs to be down to about 50g. Your lowest protein in the past week was 63g, what if you try to make that your highest protein in the next week, keeping your carbs the same, and increasing fat as necessary to feel satisfied?

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    I'm going to try this once I have some money. It might even override my short term desire for a blood ketone monitor
    Another reason I buy it from Amazon is because the price, around $39, qualifies me for the free Super Saver shipping. Probably if I had to pay the shipping on 5 lbs I wouldn't be able to afford it. Haven't been keeping close records yet but 5 lbs at 2 TBL a day lasts me about 3 months.
    Last edited by Rosemary 231; 02-22-2013 at 09:15 AM.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Megan, I'm no expert either, by far, but I swear by the fat fast (no more than 3 days) to get things started again. It's no fun, but it sure helped me get back on track. (I did it with higher calories. )

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the info but I would have to take 48 to = 1 tablespoon so maybe not so cheap. Anyway, one thing Ive learn with PB its better to take the real thing rather than processed supplements

(Im not against supplements it just depends what for.

NB I used to take green tea extract in supplement form because although I drink green tea I do not like it stewed for the recommended 3min (I prefer in & out if you know what I mean). Then I realised that the amount of anti oxidants I was actually getting from the supplement was actually less than my 5 cups of weak tea)

Just a thought, I assume you are taking 1tblsp of dry granules then mixing it with water, right?

Re protein not eating a piece of meat is a small price to pay for being HSIS (if only)
    Yes, I mix the dry granules with, maybe 1/3 glass of water, stir it up and drink it quickly. I used to try mixing it with some flavored liquid or coffee, it was just too much trouble, especially at work, so I determined to learn to just "knock it back" and then take a few sips of water.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mks8500 View Post

Megan

Capture.JPG
    I cant remember if you've posted your fat% & I can’t open your attachment but you may want to try 80% fat (anything lower doesn’t seem to work for me) if you are not already & as Demuralist says, drop the protein. I'm starting again at 46g as per pebbles post for a standard sedentary female (I'm 5'6) which seems extremely low & will work up if I'm losing LBM in increments of 5g to a max of 62g (1xkg HSIS). Just to give you some ideas

Please don't give up though. Finding the answer is going to take time. Also some sites say it can take up to 6wks to get into full NK

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Please note: I am no expert, just making observations here.... when I look at your MFP diary yesterday looks pretty good, but Mon, Tues, and Wednesday you are pretty high protein. Just going by what we have been reading recently from Dr. Ede's blog her protein looks like it needs to be down to about 50g. Your lowest protein in the past week was 63g, what if you try to make that your highest protein in the next week, keeping your carbs the same, and increasing fat as necessary to feel satisfied?
    Yeah, I've been following her experiment and did notice her protein but I guess I was expecting on days that I had the lower protein and low carbs (like the 11th or the 16th) that I'd be higher the next day. Maybe my body doesn't work that quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Megan, I'm no expert either, by far, but I swear by the fat fast (no more than 3 days) to get things started again. It's no fun, but it sure helped me get back on track. (I did it with higher calories. )
    I'll have to do some more research and check it out.

Please don't give up though. Finding the answer is going to take time. Also some sites say it can take up to 6wks to get into full NK
    Oh no, I won't be giving up anytime soon, just frustrated that those that are testing are getting such high numbers and I'm not even close. My percentage yesterday was 78%, 17% and 5%. The day before was 74/21/5 and the day before was 75/18/6. I'm between 5'11 and 6ft.

Thanks for reading and responding to my frustration.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Megan, I still can't see your tests as they compare to your daily totals, so I could be way off base. What is your HSIS? Essentially, the highest recommendations for a normally active woman trying to lose weight is to have your protein in grams the same as your goal weight in kg. So if you are shooting for say 160 pounds that would be 72g of protein. I just suspect some people are more susceptible to having their protein negatively effect their NK, for some it is probably the carbs. For Pebbles, her weight started to drop when she got her fat up to 80%. According to Nora Gedgaudas (she wrote Primal Body Primal Mind) the body can't use more than 25g of protein at a sitting. Its an N=1 and for some of us it is going to take longer to figure it out. We will all get there though.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Megan, I figured my protein level based on my goal weight of 165 or 75kg x .8. (60g). I am 5'10" I do go to the gym 4 days a week so I am allowing a possible range if I need it.