Page 160 of 280 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2797

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 160

  1. #1591
    Ddraig Goch's Avatar
    Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    435
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    ACV is Apple Cider Vinegar.
    Thanks I use it all the time so I'm doing something right

  2. #1592
    demuralist's Avatar
    demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    8,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    Thanks for the info but I would have to take 48 to = 1 tablespoon so maybe not so cheap. Anyway, one thing I’ve learn with PB – it’s better to take the real thing rather than processed supplements

    (I’m not against supplements it just depends what for.

    NB I used to take green tea extract in supplement form because although I drink green tea I do not like it stewed for the recommended 3min (I prefer in & out if you know what I mean). Then I realised that the amount of anti oxidants I was actually getting from the supplement was actually less than my 5 cups of weak tea)






    Just a thought, I assume you are taking 1tblsp of dry granules then mixing it with water, right?



    Re protein – not eating a piece of meat is a small price to pay for being HSIS (if only……)
    So according to my package of gelatin there are 64 tablespoons in a pound of gelatin. I take 1T a day if I remember to take it. I usually add it to my smoothie or into my lunch salad mix. It also helps with my arthritic joints.

    I have no idea what the gelatin equivelent in bone broth is, the ACV (apple cider vinegar) helps to pull the nutrients out of the bones, just add it to your crock pot when making the broth. But I figure 1T of gelatin and whatever bone broth I drink or use in cooking is going to do what I need it to do. I don't like getting all of a nutrient from a single source (if that makes sense to you)

    For the green tea...I have switched to Matcha Green Tea Powder (I buy a pound bag of it from the Republic of Tea-it goes a very long way). It has the anti-oxident power of 10 green tea bags because it is just the leaves powdered, and tastes soooo much better. I pour 12 to 14 oz of nearly boiling water over a Tablespoon of butter and 2T of heavy whipping cream, then I add a tsp of the powder and a bit of liquid stevia. Then use a stick blender to mix the powder up and get a nice froth. The other I like if you prefer using bags is their Double Green Matcha, I still use the butter, HWC, and stevia in it.

  3. #1593
    demuralist's Avatar
    demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    8,546
    Pebbles, the new macros look good, I assume you still plan to allow some upward movement on days you do heavy workouts?

  4. #1594
    Pebbles67's Avatar
    Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mid-Hudson Valley New York
    Posts
    8,696
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Pebbles, the new macros look good, I assume you still plan to allow some upward movement on days you do heavy workouts?
    This week, I am going to try to hit those macros exactly while doing my normal workout routine. I will document how I feel physically, binge desire etc. I will only add protein if a binge is imminent.

  5. #1595
    demuralist's Avatar
    demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    8,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    This week, I am going to try to hit those macros exactly while doing my normal workout routine. I will document how I feel physically, binge desire etc. I will only add protein if a binge is imminent.
    being able to test your BS should help you figure out if protein is the issue. How close are these the the values you used when you went for over 3 weeks binge free?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

    My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

  6. #1596
    Pebbles67's Avatar
    Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mid-Hudson Valley New York
    Posts
    8,696
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    being able to test your BS should help you figure out if protein is the issue. How close are these the the values you used when you went for over 3 weeks binge free?
    FBS when behaving is usually 80-85 at the old protein level of 77-100 grams.

  7. #1597
    demuralist's Avatar
    demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    8,546
    Oh, interesting. So lower BS at higher protein?

    Actually what I was wondering though is how the new macro values compare to the ones you used during your binge free time?

  8. #1598
    Pebbles67's Avatar
    Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mid-Hudson Valley New York
    Posts
    8,696
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Oh, interesting. So lower BS at higher protein?

    Actually what I was wondering though is how the new macro values compare to the ones you used during your binge free time?
    No. My current BS readings are a result of Tuesday's mega sugar and carb binge. I essentially did FF one day (Wed) and then high protein the next. Yesterday I probably had 100 grams. So nothing I have done this week says anything about protein and FBS.

    I have normal FBS levels (80-100) at the 77-100g protein level so 60ish g should bring me down to the 65 FBS target.

    The only diff in macro values will be lower protein and slightly lower cals. My targets used to be 20c, 77-100p, 80% fat 1850 cals
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-22-2013 at 06:18 AM.

  9. #1599
    demuralist's Avatar
    demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    8,546
    ahh, I see. Well I will be interested to see if getting to 65 FBS has a positive effect on the binge issue.

  10. #1600
    Ddraig Goch's Avatar
    Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    So according to my package of gelatin there are 64 tablespoons in a pound of gelatin. I take 1T a day if I remember to take it. I usually add it to my smoothie or into my lunch salad mix. It also helps with my arthritic joints.

    I have no idea what the gelatin equivelent in bone broth is, the ACV (apple cider vinegar) helps to pull the nutrients out of the bones, just add it to your crock pot when making the broth. But I figure 1T of gelatin and whatever bone broth I drink or use in cooking is going to do what I need it to do. I don't like getting all of a nutrient from a single source (if that makes sense to you)

    For the green tea...I have switched to Matcha Green Tea Powder (I buy a pound bag of it from the Republic of Tea-it goes a very long way). It has the anti-oxident power of 10 green tea bags because it is just the leaves powdered, and tastes soooo much better. I pour 12 to 14 oz of nearly boiling water over a Tablespoon of butter and 2T of heavy whipping cream, then I add a tsp of the powder and a bit of liquid stevia. Then use a stick blender to mix the powder up and get a nice froth. The other I like if you prefer using bags is their Double Green Matcha, I still use the butter, HWC, and stevia in it.

    Wow thanks for the info, I'll certainly look nto the Motcha. I have been taking glocucosamine & chondroitin for a damaged knee - I wonder if the gelatin would save me taking these.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •