Page 16 of 282 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 16

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    qqemokitty,
    Just use the macros on MFP as general targets. About mid January, I made my focus 80% fat and 20g of carb or less. The macros are just a guide to get you started. Then you can change things as you see how your body reacts.

will do my user name there is same as here, if anyone wants to be frandz!

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    InsearchOfAbs Thx for the info. Very interesting. Next time i stall I might try it & go and buy a thermometer

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Interesting on the body temp. I may have to get a thermometer and start monitoring, for interest sake.

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    +10000 Wish I had seen that before I went to the grocery store. That is next weeks meals for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Dude that as an awesome idea!!! I love carnitas!!!!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Does any one know - is it better to keep the ratio right & average out the cals over a few days or stick to the cals even if the fat number goes down.

Just wondered as I have eaten a bit more carbs & protein today & to keep to 80% fat would take me 300 over on the cals which I can probably lose tomorrow (had the munchies tonight & ate off menu a bit)

Considering a move to Sarasota next year. It is one of the most beautiful places I know and the ocean heals whatever ails me.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    ) I agree! Sarasota is paradise, I love it here.. Steady temps around 72 & clear blue sky from Chistmas through today.. unreal

New York is beautiful as well.. The Hudson Valley area is absolutely gorgeous as well, beautiful River, waterfront views.. Leaves change colors in the fall & bloom in the spring.. Aaahhh.. Life is good

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

In trying to think of ways to get more fat w/out protein: Has anyone tried adding butter or coconut oil to bone broth? I just bought the TJ's organic beef broth and that is my plan. Very much hoping it helps with the low carb flu as well because I am in the middle of a fibromyalgia flare up and starting a second job. Low carb flu might kill me

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I used to take my temp when DH and I were trying to have babies. The temp was instrumental in that it made it possible for me to know for sure that I was pregnant before a pregnancy test would register. I'd watch my temp, wait to see if it would change after a few days... if it didn't, I was pretty sure I was pregnant, but it always took like 12 days to show up on pregnancy tests (the digital ones, anyway - the line or no line tests are triggered on lower hormone amounts).

I want to recommend to everyone the Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole recipe that Chris found. OM nom nom nom sooooo good. Even better the second day! I'll post it here but I think Chris also posted it in the recipe group for ease of finding later. You have got to try it!

And while you're in the recipe group page, check out the Parmesan-Dijon pork chops... oh my word... delicious! Those are also very good as leftovers.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    In trying to think of ways to get more fat w/out protein: Has anyone tried adding butter or coconut oil to bone broth? I just bought the TJ's organic beef broth and that is my plan. Very much hoping it helps with the low carb flu as well because I am in the middle of a fibromyalgia flare up and starting a second job. Low carb flu might kill me
    Chris adds butter to her bouillon drinks. I bet you could add a tbsp to your broth without a problem. Make sure you add salt though to keep those electrolytes up while transitioning into the low carb lifestyle.

On a keto board on facebook, everyone says the ratios are more important than the total calorie consumption.