Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 159 of 282 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    Speaking of fat, if you want something just out-of-this-world delish, try org duck fat.
    I buy it here Amazon.com: duck fat organic
    It is expensive but it's a good size jar and you use just a little .. Scrambled or fried eggs, OMG, sooo good.
    Yum, I remember eating potato wedges fried in Duck Fat when I was in Ireland a few years ago... A-Maz-Ing!!!

Xantham and Guar Gum info..... I knew some of it and learned some more!!!

http://docs.bobsredmill.com/index2.p...5307&Itemid=29

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    I take it in "granules" like nearly powdered. I buy it in 5 lb sacks from NOW at Amazon. Buying the boxes of Knox are just way too expensive.
    I'm going to try this once I have some money. It might even override my short term desire for a blood ketone monitor

Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    Speaking of fat, if you want something just out-of-this-world delish, try org duck fat.
    I buy it here Amazon.com: duck fat organic
    It is expensive but it's a good size jar and you use just a little .. Scrambled or fried eggs, OMG, sooo good.
    I cook and eat a duck once every couple of weeks or so... it renders plenty of fat extra for cooking.
    I LOVE duck fat.

I haven't done a goose in a while... I's love to get my hands on one though.
    LOTSA lovely fat there!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    I'm going to try this once I have some money. It might even override my short term desire for a blood ketone monitor
    I get Great Lakes Kosher Beef Gelatin from the company. It is the only pasture raised source I have found. You do also get gelatin from the homemade bone broth. If you cook the bones long enough with a splash of ACV you can freeze it in cubes and use it for cooking. Way cheaper than the granules.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I get Great Lakes Kosher Beef Gelatin from the company. It is the only pasture raised source I have found. You do also get gelatin from the homemade bone broth. If you cook the bones long enough with a splash of ACV you can freeze it in cubes and use it for cooking. Way cheaper than the granules.
    I have been making chicken stock from the carcass since going primal. I cook it in a slow cooker for 24hrs. Each carcass makes approx 3.5 quarts of stock & I have an 1/8th a day. Not sure how much gelatine this would equal (I have noticed my nails growing stronger though) but I guess I need a lot more for it to make any difference to sagging skin.

If I made it from beef bones any idea how much would be the same as taking 1 tbsp of granules?

The only bulk gelatine I can find here in the UK is NOW FOOD beef & chicken but its expensive & I cant find any thing that tells me how many tbsp you get in a lb so its a bit difficult to work out how long 5lb would last.

Still, will put it on my ever-growing list.

PS what is ACV please? I keep seeing it mentioned but have no idea what it is.

I take 3 gelatin capsules a day. They are very cheap. I get these ones on iherb.
    21st Century Health Care, Gelatin, 600 mg, 100 Capsules - iHerb.com

Good Morning NK Gang! You have all been busy on the recipe front. If only I liked to cook.

FF Report

Wt. 228.6 New Low! (By .2 lbs)
    BF% Down by .2 as well

FBS 109 (Still too high)

Ketostix - Trace

Well, this FF was not wholly successful due to user error. Mon and Wed were good FF days, Tuesday I had a binge and last night I wasn't feeling well. My husband made a beautiful dinner and made me a plate, so I ended up eating way too much un weighed protein and about 1800 cals. (All Primal) I cry "Uncle".

My body really craved protein during FF. I wonder if one could use a protein powder to hit min protein needs and then add fat to 90%. I may try that if I do it again.

New Macros Based on Dr Ede's experiment using Dr. Seyfried's cancer work, I have worked out the following plan.

1600 cals (10% below BMR)
    60g protein (Based on goal wt. in kg x .8)
    20g carb (gross)
    142g Fat (80%-because that is what my body likes.)
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-22-2013 at 04:19 AM.

ACV is Apple Cider Vinegar.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sigzephyr View Post
    I take 3 gelatin capsules a day. They are very cheap. I get these ones on iherb.
    21st Century Health Care, Gelatin, 600 mg, 100 Capsules - iHerb.com
    Thanks for the info but I would have to take 48 to = 1 tablespoon so maybe not so cheap. Anyway, one thing I’ve learn with PB – it’s better to take the real thing rather than processed supplements

(I’m not against supplements it just depends what for.

NB I used to take green tea extract in supplement form because although I drink green tea I do not like it stewed for the recommended 3min (I prefer in & out if you know what I mean). Then I realised that the amount of anti oxidants I was actually getting from the supplement was actually less than my 5 cups of weak tea)

That is also why I take 1TBL of unflavored gelatin twice a day, for the collagen. That packs in around 7 grams of protein each TBL. but if it helps the saggy, loose skin I'll just have to work around the extra protein.
    Just a thought, I assume you are taking 1tblsp of dry granules then mixing it with water, right?

It's sure worth a try but it might take several months and the 7 grams of protein per Tablespoon can make LCHF difficult.
    Re protein – not eating a piece of meat is a small price to pay for being HSIS (if only……)