Page 157 of 282 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 157

epicuriousbynature is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I used this same line during The Great Bacon Grease Episode of 2012. (Our Girl Scout troop cooked up 3 pounds of bacon, and I begged for the grease to take home. One lady was surprised, because she thought I ate 'so healthy'. Probably because I mention vegetables! And cooking from scratch.) Now we get a good chuckle out of our different 'healthy' styles. While both of us, I am certain, are inwardly grimacing at the other's food.
    LOL!!! That's great!! I get that a lot... I get ugliness about being thin and doing low carb... Ummm, yeah, that's why I'm thin! HA!

And boy, I'd love to have a can of grease from 3lbs of bacon!!!!!!!!! I hope you got to take it home!

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    Thank you, I've done this 3 times in my adult life, once a gastric bypass, once a type of portion control and now Primal. Primal has been the easiest by far and a way of life I could easily live with. Trying to reach 120 (I'm pretty sure I'm medium boned) because I have so much loose skin. I figure if there is any residual fat left in the skin in won't be inclined to tighten up as well. That is also why I take 1TBL of unflavored gelatin twice a day, for the collagen. That packs in around 7 grams of protein each TBL. but if it helps the saggy, loose skin I'll just have to work around the extra protein.
    I haven't considered the fact that last time I was 135 my heaviest weight to that point had been 155. NOW, my heaviest was 216 - so taking into consideration the extra skin that needs to tighten - maybe you are closer to the correct goal weight than I am. I will assess things when I get there I guess. If I still look saggy and flabby at 135 I will definitely continue to work towards lean and mean! I am 52 though - so tight skin is not likely to happen! I'll be happy with looking good in tight jeans! I rarely wear anything shorter than capris so I'm not even working toward having nice summer shorts legs! and if I don't look good in a one peice bathing suit - I really don't care! Maybe I should look into the gelatin thing too!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I fry up 24 oz of bacon at a minimum weekly for our weekday breakfasts. I store ever last drop of it, but most of it gets used for making the rest of our breakfast (hashbrowns for DH and added to eggs for both). I have a peanut butter jar, a ghee jar, and a coconut oil jar full in my fridge right now... I'm trying to use up the grease in the pb jar so I can get rid of the yucky plastic thing and stick with glass. I don't cook with bacon grease much anymore though... not sure why.

What do you use your grease for? Specific recipes would be of great interest.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    The only thing I'm not really excited about in The Fat Fast Cookbook is it's use of tofu noodles... no interest in the tofu noodles, so the mac & cheese, fettuccini alfredo, etc, are out for me, but the rest of the stuff looks interesting and I'd be willing to try it. Not feeling it was a waste of $4.99, so that's a good thing. Still have to read the literature though. I have only gone through the recipes.
    I understand the noodles also come non-tofu. I been looking around here just to find the noodles, tofu or not. I may have to go to an Asian market.
    Last edited by Rosemary 231; 02-21-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    I understand the noodles also come without tofu. I been looking around here just to find the noodles, tofu or not. I may have to go to an Asian market.
    Probably your best bet. They have all the good stuff, and usually better price on coconut oil.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    My most constant things to use bacon grease for is cooking my eggs in it, and making my greens gratin( I cook the onions and stems in it until they are soft). Oh, and frying boiled cauliflower in! Mmm, so good. And frying mushrooms. And zucchini 'sticks'. And...is there anything it is NOT good for?

Nom nom nom!!! I too make a weeks worth of bacon every weekend. I have a wide mouth mason jar I use for the grease. I grew up in the restaurant industry, so I've always cooked it in the oven and poured the grease off the corner of the pan. I usually cook up 2-4 pans worth at a time. If anyone cares, it's nice to only cook your bacon about 3/4 of the way when storing it and finish it off per recipe or meal, that way it always tastes fresh. I also keep my sausage grease to cook in too!

I don't think I have any specific recipes, but I like to add a dollop in as one of the fats whenever I make gravy! I make LCHF gravy all the time and a little added bacon fat is a good thing in my book.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by epicuriousbynature View Post
    Nom nom nom!!! I too make a weeks worth of bacon every weekend. I have a wide mouth mason jar I use for the grease. I grew up in the restaurant industry, so I've always cooked it in the oven and poured the grease off the corner of the pan. I usually cook up 2-4 pans worth at a time. If anyone cares, it's nice to only cook your bacon about 3/4 of the way when storing it and finish it off per recipe or meal, that way it always tastes fresh. I also keep my sausage grease to cook in too!

I don't think I have any specific recipes, but I like to add a dollop in as one of the fats whenever I make gravy! I make LCHF gravy all the time and a little added bacon fat is a good thing in my book.

I've cooked mine in the oven for years, but never thought about this 3/4 deal. That would certainly make for a FAST breakfast! How do you store it throughout the week? Just in a bag?
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    I've cooked mine in the oven for years, but never thought about this 3/4 deal. That would certainly make for a FAST breakfast! How do you store it throughout the week? Just in a bag?
    I have those plastic ziplock containers with the blue lid. It's a rectangle and the bacon strips fit in there perfectly, lengthwise and I just pull our what I need for each meal. I grab a few pieces for work and throw them in the toaster over for a couple minutes to finish the cooking

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Would you tell us about the gravy you make?