Page 156 of 280 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2797

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 156

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I just tend to tell anyone who asks that all my carbs come from veggies. And the truth of the matter is that even low carb I eat more veggies than most people I know. They can't argue with that!

TooSteep is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    your experiment sounds interesting. Can I ask what your protein grams & fat % was when your levels went back up. These numbers seem to be the key
    My best guess for Monday's protein was 4 oz mixed nuts (10 g), 10 oz beef (60g), 1/2 avocado (3g), almond ferment (4g) ~ 77g. Maybe 75% total calories from fat.

Tuesday protein: 8 oz beef (48g), 5 oz cream (9g), 3 oz chicken (15g), 1/2 avocado (3g) ~ 75g. Again ~ 75% fat calories.

Wednesday protein: 9 oz beef (54g), 8 oz cream (13g), 4 oz salmon (20g), 1/2 avocado (3g), cheeses (5g) ~ 95g. This could have been even more. It will be interesting to see if my number goes down today after yesterdays clear jump in protein. I don't really measure anything as I go. I just eyeball it and write it down in a notebook. I'll let you know.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    31 sounds so must better than 40 don't you think?

I'm going to do all 3 out to interested when I measure once a month & use the monitor when I weigh weekly. Hopefully the difference will be similar on both.

Thanks for the spreadsheet by the way. I had to laugh though that they had to translate 1/4 = 0.25 etc
    I laughed at that too, but it's common practice to spell things out in the Army. For a long time, they only required an 8th grade education to join.

I am super interested in this Rise & Shine cocktail in the Fat Fast Cookbook...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

epicuriousbynature is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I just tend to tell anyone who asks that all my carbs come from veggies. And the truth of the matter is that even low carb I eat more veggies than most people I know. They can't argue with that!
    Most people seem to have more of a problem with the amount of fat I consume or the lack of amount of food that I eat. All of my food is measured and weighed. Although I have the entire 24oz can of macadamia nuts on my desk, I only eat 10ea for a serving (out of the 15+ times I weighed them, I never got more than 10 in an ounce, so I just stick with that count now) I think it's frustrating for some people to see someone be obsessive about what they eat.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TooSteep View Post
    My best guess for Monday's protein was 4 oz mixed nuts (10 g), 10 oz beef (60g), 1/2 avocado (3g), almond ferment (4g) ~ 77g. Maybe 75% total calories from fat.

Tuesday protein: 8 oz beef (48g), 5 oz cream (9g), 3 oz chicken (15g), 1/2 avocado (3g) ~ 75g. Again ~ 75% fat calories.

Wednesday protein: 9 oz beef (54g), 8 oz cream (13g), 4 oz salmon (20g), 1/2 avocado (3g), cheeses (5g) ~ 95g. This could have been even more. It will be interesting to see if my number goes down today after yesterdays clear jump in protein. I don't really measure anything as I go. I just eyeball it and write it down in a notebook. I'll let you know.
    Very interesting. If your number goes down after a jump in protein it will confirm what alot of us are all ready suspecting. It will be nice to see it confirmed by someone using a meter.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by epicuriousbynature View Post
    Most people seem to have more of a problem with the amount of fat I consume or the lack of amount of food that I eat. All of my food is measured and weighed. Although I have the entire 24oz can of macadamia nuts on my desk, I only eat 10ea for a serving (out of the 15+ times I weighed them, I never got more than 10 in an ounce, so I just stick with that count now) I think it's frustrating for some people to see someone be obsessive about what they eat.
    I guess I just don't have that many people around me who are that into my business. My DD will say something sometimes, but she is thin and a vegetarian who eats a pretty good range of real foods (very few beans no tofu or soy) and is very healthy (except for the vegetarian part), and I know she wants what she thinks is best so I let her go. She knows if she bugs me too much I will get on her about sleep and protein.

I think it makes them feel guilty that they're NOT as obsessive about what they eat.

The only thing I'm not really excited about in The Fat Fast Cookbook is it's use of tofu noodles... no interest in the tofu noodles, so the mac & cheese, fettuccini alfredo, etc, are out for me, but the rest of the stuff looks interesting and I'd be willing to try it. Not feeling it was a waste of $4.99, so that's a good thing. Still have to read the literature though. I have only gone through the recipes.

epicuriousbynature is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    The only thing I'm not really excited about in The Fat Fast Cookbook is it's use of tofu noodles... no interest in the tofu noodles, so the mac & cheese, fettuccini alfredo, etc, are out for me, but the rest of the stuff looks interesting and I'd be willing to try it. Not feeling it was a waste of $4.99, so that's a good thing. Still have to read the literature though. I have only gone through the recipes.
    If you follow the contributors blogs, all of the literature is what you've read on their websites. I was a bit bummed with the recipes, since a lot of it was really stuff I've already been making, the mac & cheese, stuffed mushrooms, coffee/tea w/heavy cream and such. I use to love the noodles, I've been eating them for about 2 years and making everything I would have normally made with regular pasta with the noodles and did great. The bite they have (somewhat of a rubbery aldente texture) was a bit odd at first, but I got use to it. But a few weeks ago, I was making a tuna casserole, and it just sort of turned my stomach when I was rinsing and cooking the noodles. It was weird, but now I'm turned off of them. I hope to eat them again, but I don't feel like I'm missing out on too much right now.

I like fatbombs... I have a can of macadamia nuts and portioned out pine nuts at arms reach all the time... I buy heavy cream by the half gallon and 5 dozen eggs at a time at Costco. I make GRAVY like crazy for small portions of meat... a tuna casserole type mix that doesn't include the noddles but I get the exactl flavor and all sorts of crazyness!

The recipes and info in there is good for sure, I would say more so for anyone not use to LCHF eating or the Fat Fast. I go through phases of needing variety and phases of being perfectly fine eating a serving of macadamia nuts for a few meals and coffee/tea with cream. Also... since I live in two cities, I am only feeding myself throughout the week, so I know this is an advantage I have, I don't have to feed a family full time. That can be particularly stressful for some.

I'm currently on day 2 of FF, I'm going to do a FF for 3-4 each week for the next few weeks and do the normal LCHF the other days and see what happens. It's my only little experiment.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    ... it depends on what your idea of healthy is ...
    I used this same line during The Great Bacon Grease Episode of 2012. (Our Girl Scout troop cooked up 3 pounds of bacon, and I begged for the grease to take home. One lady was surprised, because she thought I ate 'so healthy'. Probably because I mention vegetables! And cooking from scratch.) Now we get a good chuckle out of our different 'healthy' styles. While both of us, I am certain, are inwardly grimacing at the other's food.