Page 152 of 282 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 152

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Last night, eating was a bust. I'm going through some issues and for the first time in my life I am not reaching for food. The problem is, I do not want to eat so I am finding that I have to force myself to eat. Last night was a good example of this. My husband and I went to a wings place for dinner and I typically order a salad from there with some grilled chicken. He was so concerned about me not having an appetite that he asked me not to eat the salad. So I got these potato skins with pulled pork to make him happy and I ate those and didn't feel too bad this morning. I also ate a few chicken wings and when I woke up, my asthma was bothering me a bit. I'm making myself eat right now. I just really have no appetite whatsoever and nothing even remotely sounds appetizing.
    Georgette

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    I found this BF% calculator which is supposedly used by the US Navy so I guess it ought to be fairly accurate.

Body Fat Percentage - Free Body Fat Percentage Calculator

Unfortunately when I put my measurements in (waist, hips, neck & height) I got 33.79% If only!!!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    I found this BF% calculator which is supposedly used by the US Navy so I guess it ought to be fairly accurate.

The male one is the same as the one used by the army and is off by as much as 8-10%. In other words it is absolutely useless. Perhaps the female version is better. To give you my real life example, the day before leaving for basic training I had my body fat measured two ways by a doctor - One was something like 16.4% the other was 17.2% (electronic and callipers). The next day I had it calculated by the Army using the method on the site you linked. It was found to be 25.8%. The method is used because it is quick, easy, and anyone with a tape measure can do it. Accuracy is secondary.

adavison is offline Member
    Update: TERRIBLE leg cramps last night. I think I "slept" standing up most of the night. Very dizzy and lightheaded this morning. Not a good day for this, because I am super busy today! Started the day with a double boulion cube. We shall see. On a good note...my size 12's are hanging on me.! Yay! Have a good day everyone!
    37 yof
    5'9

Macros:
    70% fat
    20% protein
    10% net carbs
    1300-1500 calories

SW:180ish
    CW:171
    GW:155

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Back on track with eating and exercise. Made those cream cheese clouds last night, had a few too many, but who cares, they were worth it. Will be keeping those in check moving forward though.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    The male one is the same as the one used by the army and is off by as much as 8-10%. In other words it is absolutely useless. Perhaps the female version is better. To give you my real life example, the day before leaving for basic training I had my body fat measured two ways by a doctor - One was something like 16.4% the other was 17.2% (electronic and callipers). The next day I had it calculated by the Army using the method on the site you linked. It was found to be 25.8%. The method is used because it is quick, easy, and anyone with a tape measure can do it. Accuracy is secondary.
    That figures I think my true B% is nearer 40.3% so it would be approx 7% out but on the low side

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Last night, eating was a bust. I'm going through some issues and for the first time in my life I am not reaching for food. The problem is, I do not want to eat so I am finding that I have to force myself to eat. Last night was a good example of this. My husband and I went to a wings place for dinner and I typically order a salad from there with some grilled chicken. He was so concerned about me not having an appetite that he asked me not to eat the salad. So I got these potato skins with pulled pork to make him happy and I ate those and didn't feel too bad this morning. I also ate a few chicken wings and when I woke up, my asthma was bothering me a bit. I'm making myself eat right now. I just really have no appetite whatsoever and nothing even remotely sounds appetizing.
    I hope you're feeling better soon.

Unfortunately when I put my measurements in (waist, hips, neck & height) I got 33.79% If only!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    That figures I think my true B% is nearer 40.3% so it would be approx 7% out but on the low side

I have a spreadsheet I found online that calculates BF% by Army standards. I checked my Army BF% and compared it to the Navy BF% posted above. There was nearly a 10% difference, with the Army being more favorable. The biggest difference I noticed is that the Army uses wrist and forearm measurements as well as hips and neck to determine FRAME (small, medium, large) and then calculates body fat based off of that. The forearm and wrist measurements are what determine the body frame size.

This one is accurate per the spreadsheet I have. This form is used by an ROTC program at the University of Delaware... Make sure you pick the correct form though. At the bottom of the page, there are tabs. Make sure you selected male or female as appopriate. Save it to your computer and you'll never have to google it again.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 02-21-2013 at 07:23 AM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

pamola10 is offline Member
    I figured I'd post something since I said hello a few days ago. I am tracking on MFP, have started to lose a little bit but mostly am feeling a bit more energy and FEELING leaner (though not looking leaner and my pants still fit the same). So what is that, feeling leaner? I really don't get it; maybe it is less bloating or something like that. I don't think I have any less fat but I feel like I do, which is almost as good.

I have had trouble hitting the macros and wonder if I am unrealistic. I have a 1200 cal day, with 5% carbs 15 Gm (always slightly over), 20% protein 75 Gm (sometimes under and sometimes over) and 75% fat 93 gm. I think it might be too much protein. I have hit the fat a couple of days and have been over on calories a couple of times. I don't exercise enough but I am working on that. I just need some time to walk (and decent weather).

If anyone has suggestions that would be great. I am eating eggs, bacon, chicken, tuna and lots of fats: avocado, olives, clarified butter, coconut milk in my decaf. I had some wonderful soft cheese twice but I really cannot eat dairy foods; I found out once again that it isn't a good idea for me.

So I am in, working away at this and waiting for that wonderful feeling of being in ketosis that I remember from my long ago Atkins days.

Love reading your posts! Thanks for the inspiration.

mks8500 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    FF Report
    Wt. 230.2 -1.8
    BS 110, yesterday 106. Elevated due to late exercise?
    So, was that day 3 of 3 or day 2 of 3?

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think your protein is too high. for 1200 calories, 20% would be 240 (right? my math in regards to how percentages are done is not great) which would be 60g of protein. The carbs are right, but 75% of 1200 is (I think) 900 calories and should be then 100 grams of fat.

So that would be
    Calories =1200
    Carbs = 15g
    Fat =100g
    Protein = 60g

Someone please check my math.