Page 15 of 282 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 15

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thank you demuralist! I will do that!

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I think your fat is a bit high, at a 54kg of goal weight, I would round to 54g of protein, 27g of carbs, and 108g of fat, which would give you about 1300 calories.

p.s. many of us track on MyFitnessPal, which is free, you could track on there and friend us (mine user name is the same) and we could check on your days from there. For me it is easier to see what to suggest if I can see the macros with each food as it appears in MFP
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

shrinkinglo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    OK so 68 kg (150lbs)
    68-75 g protein 272 cals 17%
    max 34 g carb 136 cals 8%
    136g fat 1224cals 75%

TTL 1632 cals You could play with the percentages a little. Keep Fat above 70% Carbs 10% or below etc.

***On MFP go to the GOALS tab. Click on Change Goals, then Custom. Input calories, then input percentages. Save.
    Thank you so much pebbles - am looking forward to this form of structure, and am off to read all of January's thread...

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    After yesterdays discussion on loose skin in the old thread, I've been researching sulfate free body washes. Thus far, Burt's Bees has them as does Organix, I found a brand called 100% Pure that carries them as well as Vitabath, but you have to get the cream body wash. Also, I'm having difficulty locating collagen based lotions. In some of research, it said keratin based lotions and taking vitamin E also helps with loose skin. If any of you have any ideas on collagen or keratin based lotions, let me know.
    I would love to find out more about the lotions as well. Thanks for bringing this up. I'm taking MSM and fish oil now. I started last month and am not sure how long it takes to kick in but I see some early signs of sag starting to happen....there's a hint of it at the very top of my thighs in front, and of course the dreaded under arm thing. I'm 58 and have about 80 lbs to lose so I think it might be inevitable but boy am I going to fight it tooth and nail. I am aiming for slow weight loss here, so my skin can *hopefully* catch up with the rest of me. Also lifting weights. I will add the skin brushing to my routine, and get some vitamin e caps as well. What about applying vit e to your skin?

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I am wondering if it would be easier/cheaper to make your own body wash. Generally when I am looking for a type of product I start here...Paula Begoun: Paula's Choice: Cosmetics Cop: Skin Care & Makeup Tips & Reviews

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal Betty View Post
    BMR was 2,143 so would taking down the calories to 1,643 (500 calorie reduction) be sufficient?

It seems like there is no easy way to tweak MFP when it comes to implimenting my own goals? Or is this just user error? To get my carbs (carbs were still off by a bit, but going off of the lower end is okay) and protein where they needed to be I ended up having to bump my fat intake up to 80% (which might not be a bad thing)
    That looks like a good reduction, between 20 and 25%.

MFP can be inaccurate, so we just do our best to hit the macros and calories. I decided where I wanted my fats and carbs and then let the protein fall where it wanted. It does change your goals when you input exercise, that is why I do not upload my Go Wear Fit info until after I track my food for the day.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I am wondering if it would be easier/cheaper to make your own body wash. Generally when I am looking for a type of product I start here...Paula Begoun: Paula's Choice: Cosmetics Cop: Skin Care & Makeup Tips & Reviews
    Thanks! I love making my own soap and bath salts and this is good info. I think I might try making my own moisturizer. I like researching the ingredients.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    Can you expand on this a bit pls - I have been very low carb (10-12g) since last march & lost 33lb but in Nov everything just stopped & I gained back 7lb & stabalised (until I started EMF ) so your post has really intrigued me - what does body temp have to do with anything?
    Hi!

I've been doing low carb, vlc and zero carb on and off (mostly ON) since 1996. I've found that when I
    get really low on carbs, after about 3 months or so, weightloss stops. My normal temperature is
    99.1, and I've found that when the weightloss is coming to a halt, my temp is always right around

I suspected that even though I felt great and energy was through the roof, that maybe I had Euthyroid
    Sick Syndrome (ESS). Thyroid not doing so hot because of the low carb. I can't be positive that's what it
    was, but I'm positive it always happened.

Back in the day I said f-it and ate like 3lbs of cherries a day during the summer along with the rest
    of my food and dropped down to 113 that week AND my temp went back up. WHATEVER.

So for me, taking my temp is vital so nothing wonky happens and I can head off whatever it is
    that happens to me when I do vlc.

That's just me though, and I'm weird I guess.

HOWEVER! THAT SAID, I've never done vlc or ZC with THIS much fat, so maybe that was
    my problem the last 500 years, who knows. We shall see!

Welp, fail on the protein yesterday, but okay for the ratios!

Cals - 1525
    P - 97g
    F - 123g
    C - 2g

%
    25/1/74

Ate an absolute crapton of chicken wings last night off the bbq.

Delicious, greazy salty goodness.

Julie

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    This was as close as I could get on MFP with the goals Pebbles mathed out for me. Not sure why it doesn't allow more precision.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    qqemokitty,
    Just use the macros on MFP as general targets. About mid January, I made my focus 80% fat and 20g of carb or less. The macros are just a guide to get you started. Then you can change things as you see how your body reacts.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Check out a squatty potty stool. Also isnt rice supposed to block up the flow so to speak
    Not going to get into it here, but positioning is not the answer to my constipation issues . Also, I haven't had that problem with rice, but as I said, I'm working on getting it out of my diet.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).