Page 147 of 281 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 2806

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 147

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    Last night I had a F*** It moment & ate. I wasn’t hungry but I just wanted to eat what I wanted without tracking plans or anything (had a stressful day).

So I decided to give myself permission (no guilt after), but afterwards I would measure it:

1oz Gouda/20z Cream Cheese/18 Olives/1 oz Kerrygold Butter/200ml Extra thick Double Cream/ Hot Coco with D cream

1813cals, P 23g ratio 6-2-92

Thinking back over the last few times I have had the urge to eat lots in the evening two this come to mind Extra Thick Cream (don’t know the US equivalent) & cheese. I just can’t leave the thick cream alone so MUST NOT BUY IT!.

The cream cheese is a new addition as it is very cheap & I thought it would help with the extras fat but I never plan it in any menus & I think it might be a mistake at the moment so for the next few days I will plan for the cheese & when it is gone, not buy anymore for a bit.

The effects of the binge were interesting:

• Couldn’t get to sleep after that lot & woke up after 4hr & couldn’t get back to sleep again (Can’t blame the dog this time).
    • I was also very hungry – this is the first time since doing the FF & starting IF that I have been hungry in the morning. I had intended doing a 1 day fast today to make up for the binge but the way I felt this morning, that was never going to be happy option so I have decided to tell all here, analyse it & then start again.
    • It made my final number for the day: Cals 3004 P 79g ratio 11-2-87

But you are not going to believe this – I weighed this am & lost another lb 172lb (an all time low for the last 20 years) WTF????

Maybe I have stumbled on an OK (for me anyway) way to binge – not that I intend to
    In my experience most cravings that cannot be satisfied are a result of an imbalance in your diet. You end up allowing yourself to eat something that does not remedy that deficit.

I used to eat cheese like crazy, until it was either gone or my tummy didn't feel well. I found that eating meat would make the cravings go away, so now I no longer snack on cheese.

Like so many ladies in the thread, I then ended up overconsuming protein and finding my weight stuck until I adjusted down.

I don't know how much protein you are consuming. When you get the munchies, perhaps you should cook yourself a piece of meat and eat it slowly, one bite at a time, stopping when you have had enough.

Or maybe you just need to eat more at lunch so you won't get cravings in the evening.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    At 62, it's been over a decade since the Circus came to town. Sympathy to all.
    A distant memory, one I am glad to have fading into the background.

I want to apply a Fast-5 eating pattern to Primal foods.

A few years back I limited myself to eating between the hours of 12 noon and 6 PM because of nighttime heartburn, started walking because I got rid of my car, and lost 30 pounds before compensating and starting to put on weight again.

I tried Fast-5 once before (one day) and found that I was so hungry by 5 PM I ate what seemed like everything in the house (actually, I ate my day's calories in one giant pig-out meal), then couldn't sleep until the wee hours of the morning as my body celebrated the hunter's feast.

This time I downloaded the free e-book. I will permit myself to eat between the hours of 3 PM and 8 PM, which will allow me to break the fast with a filling snack I bring in to work, so I won't be desperate when I get home and cram food in my mouth while fixing dinner. It will give me time to fix dinner and eat it, too. The e-book suggests eating between the hours of 5 pm and 10 pm, but that wouldn't work for me.

Yesterday I had 2-1/2 ounces of cheese, a blood orange, 2 ounces of kimchi, and 2 almond crackers as my snack.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    FF Day 3

Weight 232
    BS 106

I have been researching protein needs. This is what I found...

Sedentary Adult Female 46grams
    Sedentary Adult Male 56 grams

Light exerciser .8 x weight in kg
    Moderate exerciser 1 - 1.5 x weight in kg
    Heavy Daily exerciser / athlete Max 2.5 x wt. in kg

The general concensus was that We eat too much protein and the body can thrive on much less even if you exercise daily without cannibalizing muscle.

About the above protein.. does it take into account the size of the female for grams of protein or is it a blanket statement. Curious as to if I need to back my protein down further. I am running on average of @ 63g I think.

Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I've been circling the campfire, eating more veggies, fat not quite as high, protein staying down appropriately. At 1000-1200 calories I seem to be able to keep my macros around 65/15/20 f/c/p. I'm holding at 146 so while down six this year, I still have my first oatmeal of four more to be down 10 for the first part of the year. Ive been walking a 5k daily with hiking on the weekend.

I want to bring my carbs down further for the rest of the week and see f I can move down and stick at 145. I see it a moment and bounce back up to 146.

At 62, it's been over a decade since the Circus came to town. Sympathy to all.
    Its been 6 months for me, but agreed with sympathies.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    I have some unrefined CO which I bought for cooking before I knew better. Would it be OK to use this on my skin? (whilst avoiding my dog of course!)
    You can use unrefined, but you'll smell like you're headed to the tanning bed with all that awesome coconutty fragrance wafting about. I use refined so I don't smell like coconut. Either version is perfectly fine for skin care.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Karin The sedentary does not, but the multipliers are based on weight and are the same for both male and female.

BTW I did mine based on my goal wt. not my current weight.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-20-2013 at 07:05 AM.

JonnyH is offline Senior Member
    Hi all, great thread, was low carb for a fair while last year, have upped my carbs(sweet potatoes and fruit) recently due to my ever increasing LDL, 293 and rising!
    Felt good doing VLC, and want to try again, but my doc wants me on a lower fat diet. My cholesterol was always better on lower fat, higher carbs.
    Curious, are you guys doing this to lose weight or any other health reasons, or just that you feel good on VLC?

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    You can use unrefined, but you'll smell like you're headed to the tanning bed with all that awesome coconutty fragrance wafting about. I use refined so I don't smell like coconut. Either version is perfectly fine for skin care.
    I once read that to up your spirits especially in winter to use lotions that smell like coconut because it reminds you of summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Karin The sedentary does not, but the multipliers are based on weight and are the same for both male and female.

BTW I did mine based on my goal wt. not my current weight.
    mine are also based on goal weight but wondering if I should lower it to this..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyH View Post
    Hi all, great thread, was low carb for a fair while last year, have upped my carbs(sweet potatoes and fruit) recently due to my ever increasing LDL, 293 and rising!
    Felt good doing VLC, and want to try again, but my doc wants me on a lower fat diet. My cholesterol was always better on lower fat, higher carbs.
    Curious, are you guys doing this to lose weight or any other health reasons, or just that you feel good on VLC?
    There are a lot of studies out there that show that high fat is good for your brain and gut, thus mental health.
    There are a lot of studies out there that show that high fat does not cause heart disease.
    There are a lot of studies out there that show a high fat low carb diet is anti-cancer - and ketogenic can actuall kill cancer.

There are a lot of studies that show high carb causes a rise in triglyceride values and while high fat may increase total cholesterol, they also increase HDL and change the composition of the LDL (from small particles that cause inflammation to large particles that do not).

I'd suggest doing your own research instead of full-on trusting your doctor. Your doctor is fed information that is old and ever changing. Then I'd present this info to your doctor. I'd also do my own experiments, tested through bloodwork to see what really works for you. I found that by eliminating carbs (grains only at the time) reduced my triglycerides from 141 to 63 in 3 months time. My HDL stayed the same and my LDL decreased too (but I don't have the numbers, so I don't know the values right now), as did my total cholesterol.

I don't have a comparison of HFLC yet. That test will be done in 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I once read that to up your spirits especially in winter to use lotions that smell like coconut because it reminds you of summer.
    That's a good idea!! Might help with seasonal affective disorder.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyH View Post
    All of the above for me. My cholesterol has always been much better when I do a lower carb, higher fat diet. I have traditionally had more energy and in general I just feel better. My body does not process sugars well, any kind of sugars, so even though ocassionally I ignore that for some periods of time, I generally try to keep the carb count under 150-200 g per day no matter which way of eating I am doing at the time. Traditionally, my body seems to deal much better with fat and protein than with fiber and carbs. Go figure.