Page 146 of 282 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 146

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Mine is always rough. Cramps, sickness, headaches, BLOAT like no other. I was hoping that maybe going primal would ease things up a bit, but I guess not.
    Funnily enough, mine has. There is no 7lb weight gain & cramps or bloating anymore. It is bliss!

Sorry to those who are suffering

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Well, I've only been at this three weeks. I'll give it more time before I give up on it helping. Though, I won't sit here and count on it. There is a history in my family of brutal periods and a lot of uterine issues. I think I'm fighting genetics here.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I have to admit, during TOM is the time I really miss being on the pill, 3 days and I could barely tell. Of course this last one I had did not even last a full day. Now I know that means I am in for some hormonal fun, but for now, it was good.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    My cycle has always been screwy. Never comes the same day. Always jumps around like a heroin addict. One month it'll be light and easy, then I'll pay for it ten fold the next month. It's like it KNOWS it took it easy on me. Stupid body. I'm still bracing for my weigh-in tomorrow.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

mks8500 is offline Member
    More from my blood ketones experiment. I hope the attachment shows up. On my chart, the ketosis line goes with the data above it since I test first thing in the AM. So, my .4 results on the 9th of February actually go with my tracking from the 8th. I'm not sure if it's that sensitive...meaning what I ate yesterday immediately affects my ketones today...but there you go.

I highlighted the day I was able to keep my protein around 55g (56 actually) and I'm not able to see any clear advantage as a result of that. I also highlighted the highest fat day of 146g and didn't see any real change in the data then either. The 2 days with the highest readings for ketones were the days I went running then tested (no water, no food, etc before testing...just forgot to do it until I got back). So, I'm still experimenting. Any requests since I have the machine?

I'm thinking about doing a reading every other day since things aren't changing enough to necesitate a daily tracking but I'm not sure what to change other than to try to lower the protein to try to get deeper into ketosis. Thoughts?

Megan

Screen Shot 2013-02-19 at 7.52.25 PM.png

Oh, the one day that has 2 reaadings was a day I tested at the end of the day to see if things changed dramatically based on the time of day.

adavison is offline Member
    Note to self..or anyone else When my net calories are less then 1200 I pay for it the next day. Hunger rages! Nom nom nom..

Oh...and no Russian Circus for me this month..that's a change..Felt like it was traveling in, but it never stopped at my house.
    Last edited by adavison; 02-19-2013 at 06:28 PM.
    37 yof
    5'9

Macros:
    70% fat
    20% protein
    10% net carbs
    1300-1500 calories

SW:180ish
    CW:171
    GW:155

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm happy to say the Russian Circus no longer comes to terrorize me! Loving this part of menopause!

I posted a new recipe in the EMF Recipe Group --- check it out. Let me know what you think. My son created it. I think its wonderful!!!! Chicken/Bacon Fry.

My day has gone really good - ending with great numbers: 1062 total cals, 78% fat, 19% prot, 2 carbs. Its sure helps to NOT eat veggies with dinner. Except the 1/4 cup each of red onion and green pepper. I'm hoping to see purple on my stick in a few days........ I still need to buy some!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Last night I had a F*** It moment & ate. I wasn’t hungry but I just wanted to eat what I wanted without tracking plans or anything (had a stressful day).

So I decided to give myself permission (no guilt after), but afterwards I would measure it:

1oz Gouda/20z Cream Cheese/18 Olives/1 oz Kerrygold Butter/200ml Extra thick Double Cream/ Hot Coco with D cream

1813cals, P 23g ratio 6-2-92

Thinking back over the last few times I have had the urge to eat lots in the evening two this come to mind Extra Thick Cream (don’t know the US equivalent) & cheese. I just can’t leave the thick cream alone so MUST NOT BUY IT!.

The cream cheese is a new addition as it is very cheap & I thought it would help with the extras fat but I never plan it in any menus & I think it might be a mistake at the moment so for the next few days I will plan for the cheese & when it is gone, not buy anymore for a bit.

The effects of the binge were interesting:

• Couldn’t get to sleep after that lot & woke up after 4hr & couldn’t get back to sleep again (Can’t blame the dog this time).
    • I was also very hungry – this is the first time since doing the FF & starting IF that I have been hungry in the morning. I had intended doing a 1 day fast today to make up for the binge but the way I felt this morning, that was never going to be happy option so I have decided to tell all here, analyse it & then start again.
    • It made my final number for the day: Cals 3004 P 79g ratio 11-2-87

But you are not going to believe this – I weighed this am & lost another lb 172lb (an all time low for the last 20 years) WTF????

Maybe I have stumbled on an OK (for me anyway) way to binge – not that I intend to

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    FF Day 3

Weight 232
    BS 106

I have been researching protein needs. This is what I found...

Sedentary Adult Female 46grams
    Sedentary Adult Male 56 grams

Light exerciser .8 x weight in kg
    Moderate exerciser 1 - 1.5 x weight in kg
    Heavy Daily exerciser / athlete Max 2.5 x wt. in kg

The general concensus was that We eat too much protein and the body can thrive on much less even if you exercise daily without cannibalizing muscle.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello Everyone,

I've been circling the campfire, eating more veggies, fat not quite as high, protein staying down appropriately. At 1000-1200 calories I seem to be able to keep my macros around 65/15/20 f/c/p. I'm holding at 146 so while down six this year, I still have my first oatmeal of four more to be down 10 for the first part of the year. Ive been walking a 5k daily with hiking on the weekend.

I want to bring my carbs down further for the rest of the week and see f I can move down and stick at 145. I see it a moment and bounce back up to 146.

At 62, it's been over a decade since the Circus came to town. Sympathy to all.