Page 143 of 281 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 2806

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 143

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    The darker my ketone strips get the worse my headaches get. Thats one way to lose weight, die of stroke.any suggestions anybody? I probably need to hire a doctor to work this diet. Been hard core Paleo since New Year's Eve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Ken, I have been getting headaches too, and I notice it is the worst when in deep ketosis. I'm not sure why, but I have heard it is a side effect. On the other had, I am down an official 10 pounds since 2/7/13. Not sure if it's just changing to primal or EMF. Either way, I really don't care.

Not sure if your question about the headaches has been answered or not, but something I've read is that you have to drink more water when in a ketogenic state as dehydration is more likely. I'd aim for at least 20 ounces more than you're currently drinking. The headaches could be related to that.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

13 pages of posts to catch up on... Oy. But first, quick update.

Poor poor choices this weekend. No excuses - just chose to eat poorly. Up 6 lbs as a result. Planning to stick to primal this week and then aim for ketosis again after next weekend. We're having a fundraiser this weekend and while the food choices will be "ok" they will be higher carb (baked potatoes).

Waiting on the Russian Circus... Experiencing signs that it is nearing, but it's coming on VERY slowly and that's just flat out annoying. But, the signs have eliminated the fear that I'm pregnant, so I can't complain too terribly much. But definitely hoping it starts in the next couple of days so I can just get it over with. If it's anything like it was last month I'm going to be a very unhappy camper for the next week or so.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Not really sure about the fat fast. I think I just need to get back on plan for a few days and feel better and let that change my current eating trajectory.

You guys are taking all of this soooo deep. I am amazed and proud of all of you who can decipher the data this way. I hope you find the sweet spot quickly.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Does anyone own or have read the Fat Fast Cookbook by Dana Carpender? If so, what do you think? I'm about to download it.
    Fat Fast Cookbook By Dana Carpender, Amy Dungan, & Rebecca Latham Sorry, if I knew how to create a link I'd have done that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    Does anyone own or have read the Fat Fast Cookbook by Dana Carpender? If so, what do you think? I'm about to download it.
    Fat Fast Cookbook By Dana Carpender, Amy Dungan, & Rebecca Latham Sorry, if I knew how to create a link I'd have done that.
    Looks like I created the link without even knowing how!

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I'm rather proud of last night. We went to a decent local Chinese buffet and I put some crab rangoon (one of my favorites) on my plate, with the sweet and sour. I didn't eat it. I ate the rest of everything, then sat and stared at it, weighing the inflammation, knock in weight, and pain against the flavors. I didn't eat it.
    What if you just eat the innards from the rangoon? Cream cheese and crab. Yummo!!

Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    HOW DOES HE EXIST?

10 years old, 55lbs.
    My son is 6 and weighs 65 lbs...

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    *This is how I have decided to use this new info. My N =1. It is not a magic formula. Please read the information and decide for yourself what you need to do.
    Where can I find said information?

Quote Originally Posted by mks8500 View Post
    I'm done with the first 10 days of blood ketone monitoring. I wish I could find an easier way to post my results. I'll work on it. The condenced version is that if I test after I exercise (still in the morning), I'm almost double than when I test when I first wake up AND if my protein is too high, just as the links on the last few pages have said...I drop significantly.
    What if you create a table in Excel, do a "print screen" and paste it into MSPaint, then attach as a pic? That's what I do... or create a spreadsheet and store it in GoogleDocs and give us the link to it. Then we can check it out there, making it easier for you. A picture works nicely b/c then we don't have to go outside of MDA to view it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    When you type in the web address, the forum program automatically makes it a nice, easy to read link.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Jenn Quoted in my post at the top of page 139.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Jenn Quoted in my post at the top of page 139.
    Ok. I already had both of those links open but hadn't started reading yet. Thanks.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Because of the way they wrapped these, there would be painfully little innard left after dissection.
    Breakfast was a tricloptic bacon wrap, lunch is a chicken club salad from Jason's Deli, and I'm still trying to figure out dinner. Curry can be difficult to go really low carb on. I'm thinking Madras chicken curry is my best bet.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Thanks Jenn, found that out a little late.

My son is 6 and weighs 65 lbs...

Where can I find said information?

What if you create a table in Excel, do a "print screen" and paste it into MSPaint, then attach as a pic? That's what I do... or create a spreadsheet and store it in GoogleDocs and give us the link to it. Then we can check it out there, making it easier for you. A picture works nicely b/c then we don't have to go outside of MDA to view it.

When you type in the web address, the forum program automatically makes it a nice, easy to read link.[/QUOTE]