Page 142 of 280 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 2798

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 142

something4me is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I also seem to remember that for the first week or so, I didn't really pay attention to the calories, just added a bit of fat when I was hungry, it slowly settled down.
    Thanks, Demuralist. I ate 2 oz. of cream cheese and some water. That took care of the hunger while I wait for my pork roast to cook.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    drinking a cup of broth or bouillon seems to put the hunger on hold too, as well as helping with some of the symptoms of the NK.

mks8500 is offline Member
    Without dairy (HWC , butter and Cream Cheese), I just can't get my fat high enough. I bought 2 avocados to try this week. I hope I can tolerate them.

I'm done with the first 10 days of blood ketone monitoring. I wish I could find an easier way to post my results. I'll work on it. The condenced version is that if I test after I exercise (still in the morning), I'm almost double than when I test when I first wake up AND if my protein is too high, just as the links on the last few pages have said...I drop significantly.

Today was my 1 month mark on Paleo/EMF and I lost 20lbs. The first 12 were in the first 2 weeks. Then I stopped and started gaining. Bought the blood ketone monitor and started losing again within a few days. I'm still not at the level of ketosis that I'd like to be since I've only hit 1.3 but I'm going to mess with that this week by lowering protein some more and adding MOAR fat. :-)

Megan

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I have, today, gotten to where very little of my fat was from dairy (2 tablespoons of HWC and 1 of butter). And my protein was down to 65 and my carbs were 12 so for one day at least i have figured it out

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    It's hard without dairy, but it can be done. My only dairy is ghee (sometimes butter). I get 80-90% of my fat from animal sources.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Phew! All caught up again. I'm back on track after my vacation - although not going totally off the reservation I did have way too much rum/diet coke and nibbled a bit on things not primal (m&m's, oreos, corn chips) Not a lot - but a few handfuls daily. Enough to cause a couple pound gain.

Last night I had sticky rice (we made sushi), and I had a rum with real coke (I haven't had sugared pop in YEARS) -- and it triggered a full on fibro flare! I was literally crying I hurt so bad!!!! I quickly drank about 16 ounces of water and within 15 minutes I was able to stop the infantile rocking and the moaning/crying!

That is precisely why I started eating Primal/Paleo - because it controls my fibromyalgia. This morning I was 3 pounds heavier - just a bit of inflamation I think!!!!

Anyway - today is pretty good - all primal and my macros ended at 62% fat, 25% prot, 9% carbs. I have to get my weight back down to what my ticker says it is!!!!! I'm making a batch of cream cheese clouds so I will be able to up the fat better tomorrow. I found a great way to form them - I put all the stuff in the mixer and whip it up really good - then transfer to a zip lock bag - cut off a corner and squirt them onto a cookie sheet to be frozen! They almost look like a Hershey's Kiss!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday, Fat Fast Day 1 - 1253 cals, 85%fat

Blood Sugar Yesterday 117, Today 103 (Prediabetic Range)

WT. 232 -2.2

I had the best sleep in a long time last night. 7:30 out of 7:45 in bed.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Yesterday, Fat Fast Day 1 - 1253 cals, 85%fat

Blood Sugar Yesterday 117, Today 103 (Prediabetic Range)

WT. 232 -2.2

I had the best sleep in a long time last night. 7:30 out of 7:45 in bed.
    So a better day then? That's good!
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, It feels good to be eating clean again. I'm just being clinical in my reporting. I will be glad when the BS numbers return to normal and of course when I get back to or surpass my low weight.

PS, I did not bother with ketostix this morning, we can assume no sign of ketones yet.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mks8500 View Post
    Without dairy (HWC , butter and Cream Cheese), I just can't get my fat high enough. I bought 2 avocados to try this week. I hope I can tolerate them.

I'm done with the first 10 days of blood ketone monitoring. I wish I could find an easier way to post my results. I'll work on it. The condenced version is that if I test after I exercise (still in the morning), I'm almost double than when I test when I first wake up AND if my protein is too high, just as the links on the last few pages have said...I drop significantly.

Today was my 1 month mark on Paleo/EMF and I lost 20lbs. The first 12 were in the first 2 weeks. Then I stopped and started gaining. Bought the blood ketone monitor and started losing again within a few days. I'm still not at the level of ketosis that I'd like to be since I've only hit 1.3 but I'm going to mess with that this week by lowering protein some more and adding MOAR fat. :-)

Megan
    When I was IR, I always found that you should test your blood glucose before a workout. Even my doctor said to test it that way. From what a freind who is a PT told me, working out is another way to raise blood glucose levels.