Page 141 of 281 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 2806

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 141

something4me is offline Member
    Shop Now
    How long did it take everyone to not feel so hungry?
    I'm on day 8 with good fat marcros but still hungry.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by something4me View Post
    How long did it take everyone to not feel so hungry?
    I'm on day 8 with good fat marcros but still hungry.
    It is different for everyone, most people report a marked decrease in hunger after 2-3 weeks.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    My hunger levels fluctuate cyclically. But my hunger is not the same as before I started this. I can let a hunger signal go and I won't get weak or ill. But the change was gradual. Of course I also lowered my carbs gradually too. somewhere between one and two weeks maybe.

something4me is offline Member
    Thanks Kymma and Demuralist.

I also seem to remember that for the first week or so, I didn't really pay attention to the calories, just added a bit of fat when I was hungry, it slowly settled down.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    It depends hat you mean by a fat fast. If you Ignore the low calorie part & just look at upping your fat to 90% (Ie you assume the term to mean taking nearly all of your calories from fat) then the following works:

If you assume Pg =60 = 10% of cals, Cg =6 = 1% of cals (carbs taken from eggs & nuts only) that leaves 89% for fat

This would give you 238g fat with a total of 2400 cals which I think is round about your BMR + activity

PS: Phinney states in his Art & Science of Low Carb Performance that 0.6 x current LBM is the lowest you should go (which for me is 62g). Everyone has their own ideas I guess. This is why it makes it all so confusing & why we have to keep experimenting.
    Sure, it would work that way, but I don't want to eat up to my TDEE even if I usually burn a little more. I will probably just try to hit the normal Fat Fast protocol for a few days, then move up to 60g protein.

According to Dr. Ede, the P & V formula gave her too much protein to reach the 4.0 mmol. That is why I was looking at the .36 x weight (I chose goal weight) from the Institute of Medicine.

You know what pisses me off...My Mom died of ovarian cancer 16 months ago. I sort of knew that low carb was the way to go and we extended her life a few years, but of course I wonder if we had just gone that extra mile...

Well, cancer risk is my main reason for taking on this extreme NK lifestyle. Hope I can remember that next time I want to binge.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post

According to Dr. Ede, the P & V formula gave her too much protein to reach the 4.0 mmol. That is why I was looking at the .36 x weight (I chose goal weight) from the Institute of Medicine.
    I'm going to try the 0.36 x HSIS this week too. If I'm still losing LBM then I'll move up to the P&V formula longer term.

Excellent, Let us know. I am very interested in your results.

I just worked out the perfect Fat Fast plan for tomorrow. 999cals-90%fat. Today I had 1253 cals-85%fat. Had to have a real dinner or the husband would have asked questions. He will be working tomorrow night, so I will eat while at work and skip dinner.

.36x's goal weight would put me just under 60g of protein (57g), I hit 65 today. I will shoot for between 57 and 60 and see how I do.