Page 140 of 282 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 140

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    I would assume the loss of body fat vs LBM is related to how much fat one really needs to lose? Am I completely off base?
    I have 36lb to lose to get to my apparent HSIS weight but I suspect that will still be too high & expect my final weight to be around 4lb lower. To be honest, for the final result I am more interested in BF% than scale weight.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I have no idea how I would keep my protein to 60g and under, but not eat dairy
    I can do this almost daily and still eat dairy. I just don't get hungry eating this way so for me it works. I average around 52-65g protein.
    Georgette

adavison is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I can do this almost daily and still eat dairy. I just don't get hungry eating this way so for me it works. I average around 52-65g protein.
    How has your weight loss been with your protein lower? (if you don't mind sharing)
    37 yof
    5'9

Macros:
    70% fat
    20% protein
    10% net carbs
    1300-1500 calories

SW:180ish
    CW:171
    GW:155

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I think that you are right. The minimum amount of protein necessary for an adult is weight times .36. If I figure that with my goal weight, that is 60g. On the FF one only gets about 15g. Makes me wonder if a FF with 60 g protein, minimal carbs and a lower percentage of fat might be healthier. BUT, then it is not a Fat Fast. Is it?
    It depends hat you mean by a fat fast. If you Ignore the low calorie part & just look at upping your fat to 90% (Ie you assume the term to mean taking nearly all of your calories from fat) then the following works:

If you assume Pg =60 = 10% of cals, Cg =6 = 1% of cals (carbs taken from eggs & nuts only) that leaves 89% for fat

This would give you 238g fat with a total of 2400 cals which I think is round about your BMR + activity

Of course you may not want to give up plant matter.

For me the numbers would be 50g protein 5g carb & 198g fat giving my a ratio of 10-1-89 & 2000 cals which I think is a bit high for me as my BMR is only 1372 without activity.

If I stick with the same Protein & carb levels & drop the fat down to 127g I get a ratio of 14.5-1.5-84 & 1370 cals. So for me I will do this (am not very active at present) & see what happens at the end of the week.

PS: Phinney states in his Art & Science of Low Carb Performance that 0.6 x current LBM is the lowest you should go (which for me is 62g). Everyone has their own ideas I guess. This is why it makes it all so confusing & why we have to keep experimenting.
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 02-18-2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: clarification

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    The problem for me with any equation that says to figure protein by multiplying any number by current or any LBM, is the difficulty in getting an accurate measure of LBM. Unless you want to invest in a Dexa-scan.

Quote Originally Posted by adavison View Post
    How has your weight loss been with your protein lower? (if you don't mind sharing)
    Yes. The closer I get it to 70g, the more difficult it becomes for me to lose weight. I can tell I've gained something back due to my pants fitting tighter in the gut than they have in awhile. I did tend to have a protein blowout over the weekend so that could be a part of it. Plus, I think the Russian Circus may be making its arrival soon. Between the two, I have noticed some gain. The easiest way for me to not hit the higher end of the protein scale is to not eat it at breakfast and to try to have as little protein as possible with breakfast.
    Georgette

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I do best if I split my protein evenly, right now I am shooting for less than 23g per meal.

adavison is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Yes. The closer I get it to 70g, the more difficult it becomes for me to lose weight. I can tell I've gained something back due to my pants fitting tighter in the gut than they have in awhile. I did tend to have a protein blowout over the weekend so that could be a part of it. Plus, I think the Russian Circus may be making its arrival soon. Between the two, I have noticed some gain. The easiest way for me to not hit the higher end of the protein scale is to not eat it at breakfast and to try to have as little protein as possible with breakfast.
    Thanks!
    37 yof
    5'9

Macros:
    70% fat
    20% protein
    10% net carbs
    1300-1500 calories

SW:180ish
    CW:171
    GW:155

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I do best if I split my protein evenly, right now I am shooting for less than 23g per meal.
    I have not a found a way to split it evenly. If I could, I would.
    Georgette

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have no idea how I would keep my protein to 60g and under, but not eat dairy
    Before tonight & pebbles new idea which I am now going to try I was going to eat 57-58g of protein a day simply by eating a tin of fish (in the UK they come in 88g sizes) & a very small (3oz) piece of turkey or chicken breast +a couple of eggs (1 yolk/1whole). My intended ratio was 19-2-79 cals 1270-1350 The only dairy I would have eaten was butter - not sure if you count that . Many people don't because it is pure fat & has no milk proteins in it.

l Hope this gives you some ideas