Page 135 of 282 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 135

canio6 Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    HWC has 60 calories per tablespoon and I use far more than that in each cup of coffee or tea. That is 960 calories per cup! While I was using HWC to get fats in I think that with that sort of calorie profile it doesn't need to be in my daily consumption.
    Yup. This is what gets me every time. I will fall into the 'I don't need to measure that; I use it all the time" mind set and then when I do measure I think, "Holy cow, I use 1/4 cup at a time?!" I'm trying to train myself to drink coffee black. Trying.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    I only use cream when the cow is in milk. I've been drinking black coffee since I dried her up in january. I got used to it ok. I guess since I have no way to measure the caloric value of her cream, I'll have to take it easy, or just not get in the habit of using it! Yikes!
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I love my tea filled with cream (or, now that I can't do dairy, almond milk). I've gotten to the point where I can drink it "black". Don't like it near as well, but am becoming used to it.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Wow!! I need to read labels more often!

HWC has 60 calories per tablespoon and I use far more than that in each cup of coffee or tea. That is 960 calories per cup! While I was using HWC to get fats in I think that with that sort of calorie profile it doesn't need to be in my daily consumption.

Whole milk has only 10 calories per tablespoon and coconut milk has 26. Either one of those will suit me just fine.
    TOTALLY!

I cringe when my mother just blobs half the carton in her morning coffee, but she's
    70, 5'1 and 95lbs - so who cares.

THIS is why I put my coffee cup on the scale and then deliberately JUST put in
    15g, then 70g of whole milk. Perfect, and not 5K calories.

On the other hand, I -do- buy half gallon sized heavy cream because my eldest
    needs to be TRICKED into consuming something other than air soup and wind pie.

Little bugger NEVER wants to eat breakfast before school (i don't do breakfast either,
    but youngest is a chow hound, so that's good) and then he comes home with an uneaten
    snack and ONE bite taken out of his lunch.

HOW DOES HE EXIST?

10 years old, 55lbs.

That's less than some damn toddlers out there.

So I got wise and started asking him if he wanted "chocolate milk" for breakfast.... snicker.

Low and behold, he did - so, 90g of heavy cream, 300g of whole milk and then the chocolate
    mix, which no, it's not primal, but neither is he, so get off me, which has all those vitamins
    shoved into the powder, his "chocolate milk" turns out to be 570 calories.

WINNING

In other news, one month of doing shangri-la and very low carb
    the results are in at:

SW - 128.8
    CW - 123.0
    =

So, not to shabby and on to month #2!

Julie

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I weigh every thing I put in my mouth. The calories from the HWC are part of my plan. Whole milk has sugars (yes naturally occurring, but sugar), so I don't use it. Sugar is my evil.

I don't want something I have to teach myself to like. I love my morning matcha with HWC and kerrygold.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post

On the other hand, I -do- buy half gallon sized heavy cream because my eldest
    needs to be TRICKED into consuming something other than air soup and wind pie.

Little bugger NEVER wants to eat breakfast before school (i don't do breakfast either,
    but youngest is a chow hound, so that's good) and then he comes home with an uneaten
    snack and ONE bite taken out of his lunch.

HOW DOES HE EXIST?

10 years old, 55lbs.

That's less than some damn toddlers out there.

Julie
    This is my daughter..10 and maybe 60 on a good day soaking wet. I might need to quit buying whole milk and buy her cream or at least half and half
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I use HWC because otherwise I won't get those calories at all.
    I won't eat early in the day due to food aversion... so coffee w/ HWC or I'll just start drinking water or herbal tea.

And if I skip those calories there just isn't room for them later because I have limited food volume issues.
    It's use HWC or under eat calories.

But I totally see where it can be a problem for some people.

I TRIED to do coconut milk for a while(before I figured out I was under eating), but URG... so bad in coffee IMO. lol
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DdkXV0CkNm...i-warrior1.jpg

Interesting article about being keto-adapted vs fat burning
    Hi, Any chance of you reposting the link please - the massi warrior is nice to look at but not much good for info. You have whetted my appetite
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 02-17-2013 at 11:32 AM. Reason: spelling

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    It does take time for skin to tighten up after the fat disappears. I read a plastic surgeon say that skin continues to tighten up for a year after weight loss has completed.
    Quote Originally Posted by shrinkinglo View Post
    I have been losing in chunks in really strange places, and if it was not for weight lifting, Bikram Yoga and P90X I would look awful naked as it seems to have firmed things up.

Oh and I exfoliate and use a high quality firming cream to make my skin look better.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the feedback, I know I need to find the motivation to get going with the toning exercises, especially as I want to look good for my birthday in 8 months time. I guess if I start now, that will give me time to see some results

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I weigh every thing I put in my mouth. The calories from the HWC are part of my plan. Whole milk has sugars (yes naturally occurring, but sugar), so I don't use it. Sugar is my evil.
    I am curious how whole milk can have sugar but heavy cream doesn't. I know they come out of the same faucet. Enlighten me, please.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.