Page 134 of 282 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 134

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    O...kay. English? Nightshade veggies. What else??
    FODMAPs, IBS and the Paleo diet.
    FODMAPs: Could common foods be harming your digestive health?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DdkXV0CkNm...i-warrior1.jpg

Interesting article about being keto-adapted vs fat burning
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DdkXV0CkNm...i-warrior1.jpg

Interesting article about being keto-adapted vs fat burning
    Bad link... all I got was a picture of a really cool looking Masai warrior. Nothing to read though.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Crap..i am on the kindle and it can be limiting. Sorry Cori..i will see if i can get it later on the mac
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Crap..i am on the kindle and it can be limiting. Sorry Cori..i will see if i can get it later on the mac
    No problem, just letting you know.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Woke up feeling very dejected at my lack of progress this week. Not due to measure til the 24th but I looked in the mirror naked (sorry if TMI) & found my stomach has sunk inwards. All the old skin is still there (looks terrible like wrinkled chicken skin) & everything has gone south but there is a hollow under my rib cadge (not much but it's there) & everything is really flabby & loose. It seems like the fat is melting underneath but leaving all the skin in place. Also tried my jeans on & could get the last hole of my belt done up but stomach flows over the top so couldn't wear them out like that. So changes are definitely taking place.

However, I now have 2 new problems - my large thighs are preventing me from getting any smaller size trousers & I have lots of flowing skin. Anyone got any ideas?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    Woke up feeling very dejected at my lack of progress this week. Not due to measure til the 24th but I looked in the mirror naked (sorry if TMI) & found my stomach has sunk inwards. All the old skin is still there (looks terrible like wrinkled chicken skin) & everything has gone south but there is a hollow under my rib cadge (not much but it's there) & everything is really flabby & loose. It seems like the fat is melting underneath but leaving all the skin in place. Also tried my jeans on & could get the last hole of my belt done up but stomach flows over the top so couldn't wear them out like that. So changes are definitely taking place.
    It does take time for skin to tighten up after the fat disappears. I read a plastic surgeon say that skin continues to tighten up for a year after weight loss has completed.

However, I now have 2 new problems - my large thighs are preventing me from getting any smaller size trousers & I have lots of flowing skin. Anyone got any ideas?
    I have muscular thighs and calves, too. It will probably keep me from wearing skinny jeans, because at my height (5'4") they will bunch up unattractively around the knees, as they are designed for taller people. Now there's a first world problem, a 57 year old woman who can't find skinny jeans that fit.

shrinkinglo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post

I have been losing in chunks in really strange places, and if it was not for weight lifting, Bikram Yoga and P90X I would look awful naked as it seems to have firmed things up.

Oh and I exfoliate and use a high quality firming cream to make my skin look better.

Hope this helps.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I have muscular thighs and calves, too. It will probably keep me from wearing skinny jeans, because at my height (5'4") they will bunch up unattractively around the knees, as they are designed for taller people. Now there's a first world problem, a 57 year old woman who can't find skinny jeans that fit.
    This made me laugh so hard (and, it's my problem too)

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Wow!! I need to read labels more often!

HWC has 60 calories per tablespoon and I use far more than that in each cup of coffee or tea. That is 960 calories per cup! While I was using HWC to get fats in I think that with that sort of calorie profile it doesn't need to be in my daily consumption.

Whole milk has only 10 calories per tablespoon and coconut milk has 26. Either one of those will suit me just fine.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.