Page 132 of 282 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 132

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    I am purposely going to fast over lunch. I am having sushi at my boyfriend's restaurant tonight, and I want to make sure I am actually hungry enough to eat it! YUM! It probably really won't be sushi by technical terms. I've been asking they make it with seaweed only- no rice. The sushi chef is our very good friend, more like a brother, so he makes all the rolls different for me anyway since I am picky about fish. Actually, I HATE fish, but sushi is good. Weird, huh? Same as onions. Hate those nasty little things, but I love onion rings. Of course, I won't be eating those anymore I cook with onions, but boyfriend always cuts them for me. As soon as I peel the first layer off my eyes swell up. Just. Can't. Do. It.

Where's Julie? I miss reading her funny posts.
    At the restaurant where DD works they make something called a "Poke Bowl" (pronounced pokee) it is the insides of sushi on top of a bed of rice, I just get it without the rice. YUMMY

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'm rather proud of last night. We went to a decent local Chinese buffet and I put some crab rangoon (one of my favorites) on my plate, with the sweet and sour. I didn't eat it. I ate the rest of everything, then sat and stared at it, weighing the inflammation, knock in weight, and pain against the flavors. I didn't eat it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    List of Low-Carbohydrate Foods

Helpful list of low carb foods.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    I love poke bowls. Som had taught me to like certain foods. I've always been a fearless taster of foods. I HATE shrimp. Why can I say that? Because I've tried it in every shape, form and color. It just doesn't suit me. Nice to see you back, honeybuns.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    I am purposely going to fast over lunch. I am having sushi at my boyfriend's restaurant tonight, and I want to make sure I am actually hungry enough to eat it! YUM! It probably really won't be sushi by technical terms. I've been asking they make it with seaweed only- no rice. The sushi chef is our very good friend, more like a brother, so he makes all the rolls different for me anyway since I am picky about fish. Actually, I HATE fish, but sushi is good. Weird, huh? Same as onions. Hate those nasty little things, but I love onion rings. Of course, I won't be eating those anymore I cook with onions, but boyfriend always cuts them for me. As soon as I peel the first layer off my eyes swell up. Just. Can't. Do. It.

Where's Julie? I miss reading her funny posts.
    I srsly LOL'd at this and startled the cat!

I'm here, I've just had a couple of bad days.... two in a row with buckets of
    chocolate.

I don't know what's going on but I NEEDED it. Not just "oh that sounds tasty", no,
    I NEEDED MILKY WAY MIDNIGHTS! And lots of them (miniatures).

So I did, and now I'm bloated, remorseful and cranky as all get out.

My weigh in day is the 18th, so my two pounds of bloat better be gone
    by then or......OR........... OR ELSE (until I think of an appropriate ramification....)

Going on a monster hike today with my cousin.

If you don't hear from me by the 18th, a mountain lion has
    probably eaten my chocolate bloated belleh. Sigh.

Julie

THERE YOU ARE! Sorry to hear about your belly.
    For whatever reason, I have this weird imagine of a mountain lion coming up to eat you and you reasoning with it until it goes away. "why would you eat me? I'm crabby and bloated...." Just my impression of you, I guess

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Even more reasoning leverage:

"I'm crabby, bloated, and chocolate is poisonous to cats - even digested chocolate".

See, I can still play, even when I look 7mo pregnant....

bahahahahaha yes, Exactly. I severely doubt you look 7mo pregnant ya goof. Maybe three months.

My oldest sister who is 5'3'' and 100 pounds with an eating disorder looks 3 mo pregnant with the water weight she gains on her period. It's pretty funny!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Well, crap. Chocolate causes bloating, too?

For as far back as I can remember I always wondered how you could tell you were bloated. It wasn't until after my hysterectomy that I realized that I didn't know a state OTHER than bloated. Since I still haven't figured out what causes the bloat, I'll eliminate dairy for a month. If that doesn't do it, I'll work on FODMAPS (what the heck does that mean, anyway?) I know it isn't wine because I didn't start drinking on a regular basis until a few years ago and I was bloated long before then.
    I can no longer blame it on TTOM or on tumors in my uterus. Out of excuses, need to find answers.

On the downward swing of the yo-yo. 188.1
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

pamola10 is online now Member
    Wow, demuralist, ten veggies and not more than 70 grams of carbs! That's impressive and yes, you must have been making careful choices.

I should say that I AM interesting in losing the fat, that's the biggest motivator for me but I know that I will feel a lot better if I do more strength work. Plus I have the pressure of three years in a row decline in my dexascan scores (osteopenia that is slightly worsening annually) and my doc saying "weight bearing exercise, weight bearing exercise." I used to run long distance but at that time I was a bit MORE eating disordered than I am now and weighed so little that it didn't even count as "weight bearing."

So anyway, long story that only means that I need to work out more and do more full body play activities as well as keep up a really good diet.

I noticed that the carb counts on some items in MFP are lower than I would have expected. Do you know if there is a convention around using actual carbs or perhaps net carbs in those nutritional analyses? If it were only true that almonds have NO carbohydrate.....