Page 130 of 282 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 130

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Tonight work was really, really freaking hard. The most impossible cravings. Ya'll can read about it in my journal. I cannot wait for the day when cravings like that are a bad memory.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Let us know how it goes. I have been tempted to make some. How did you do it?
    I wish I would have used more cream cheese! had I thought about it I would have used heavy whipping cream to mix up the eggs too. They are pretty good! The cream cheese didn't melt so you get these bits of creamy yumminess.

I used precooked bacon and wrapped it around the inside of the muffin tins the best that I could. Then I cracked an egg into each one tossed in a small piece of cream cheese, and broke the yokes. bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until they don't jiggle.

I used a dozen eggs, next time I will probably only use 8 so I have more room for more cream cheese...lol

That sounds good. Going out of town this weekend, maybe I'll try that!

Today was the second day I didn't track my foods. It's been nice. I had my steak and eggs this morning, my normal big salad for lunch an apple and a small chunk of meat just now. I still kinda feel hungry, but just not in the mood to eat.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I think that tracking food has become such a habit that it would be more stressful to not do it. Once i dont track a day that is information that can never be retrieved.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

I like to track, but decided I would take a few days off. I feel like if I were to enter the apple I ate, I would freak about it's carb profile.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    That was my first thought
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

It was that or the doughnuts that were staring me down. It was good. I savored it, and I am not going to care.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Day 3 of my 3 day Fat Fast & IF n=1

Planned: Cals 976 Ratio 10-1-89 Actual: Cals 995 Ratio 9-2-89 Sleep 8.hrs no break.

Menu:
    Feta Omlette – 1 whole egg, 10g unsalted butter, 25g feta cheese
    Hot Chocolate with 2 tbsp double cream
    Hot Chocolate with 2 tbsp double cream
    Chicken & Mush Soup using homemade stock with 20g unsalted butter
    Coconut Oil 20g
    Macadamia Nuts 15g

Exercise: non - dog not well so no long walk. I was also feeling strange so stayed in.

Weight: 174lb BMI: 27.998:30 BF:40.8% Water: 42.1% LBM 5.8%

Woke up after the longest uninterrupted sleep I've had in years feeling brilliant. Not hungry at all. Started eating at 9:30, finished at 17:30 feed window 8:00. No change in how my clothes fit.

Couldn’t face the salmon I was supposed to have so the cats got it & I stuck to my usual eggs.

Would I do the fat fast again? Answer No. Although I feel great this am, I felt really terrible yesterday & given no real weight loss I can't see the point in doing this again.

Would I do IF again? Definitely This n=1 has shown me that I can a) follow a menu plan b) not eat in the evenings. Snacking in the evening is my biggest problem so I am going to keep the 09:30-17:30 regime up but using my proper protein amount of 62g , up the cals to my BMR (1350) & 80% fat for the next couple of months. No more tweaking. I want to see if this works & is sustainable over long term.My new n=1

PS: These past few days have convinced me that carbs are not really necessary. In fact, I have really gone off the thought of eating them. The eggs & spinach will stay(for nutrients), as will the mushrooms in my soup for flavour but the cauli, mushrooms with meals & occasional berries will go. This will help me meet my protein & fat goal whilst keeping the cals in range
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 02-16-2013 at 12:09 AM. Reason: PS

B2B
    B2B is offline Senior Member
    Mid-month update: still EMF strong, down 2.5 pounds and 3/4 of an inch of my core! Hovering around 75/15/10 f/p/c. While I keep track daily, this seems to be my week-end totals according to MFP. I am pretty happy as I am seeing results..they are not quite as impressive as last month, but that is just fine by me (and that is all that really matters!).

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend and keep the positive posting/successes going as that is what I love so much about this thread!
    “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

SW (January 2011): 208.5
    LPW (March 23, 2013): 156.0
    CW (July, 4, 2013): 172

Ken
    Ken is offline Junior Member

Headaches

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The darker my ketone strips get the worse my headaches get. Thats one way to lose weight, die of stroke.any suggestions anybody? I probably need to hire a doctor to work this diet. Been hard core Paleo since New Year's Eve.