Page 13 of 282 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 13

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh I have another goal for Feb - drink moar water! I'm terrible. I just never experience thirst so can easily go the entire day without anything to drink after 12 noon or so. I will do it! Fat and water, fat and water, fat and water....

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal Betty View Post
    How do you determine how many calories you should aim for? MFP is telling me 1200, but that seems oddly low for some reason?
    What do you have your loss per week goal set at, and your activity level? It will raise or lower depending. I have mine at 1.5 lbs per week which gives me a 800 calorie deficit per day. For me, that's 1,400. On 2 lbs per week it had me at 1,200 which I did for a while but found it too low and went for 1.5 lbs instead which seems about right for me.

shrinkinglo is offline Junior Member
    I THINK I AM GOING MAD

I am trying to work out my percentages but I keep getting confused. Could I ask for some help please?

My stats are:

5ft 5in

Current weight:242 pounds
    Goal weight: 150 pounds
    Calories eaten now: 1600

I do P90X 4-5 times a week

and the weird thing is on MFP you cannot input your goals manually, you can only modify - so how do I input them once they have been worked out?

Thank you
    Last edited by shrinkinglo; 02-02-2013 at 01:12 AM. Reason: cannot spell :)

aimlow is offline Senior Member
    I'd like to join!
    Current weight: 135
    Goal: 125
    Daily calorie maintenance:2000
    Calorie goal: 1200
    Carb intake: 25g
    Protie intake: 56g
    The rest fat!

I'd also like to give the shangri la meathod a go. I think the fat intake will help and I'm hoping to control a binging/food obsession issue.

I hope all these numbers look right?

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    This thread is so quick - not sure I'll be able to keep up.

Just posted this on the old thread but I'm so excited I'm going to post it again here & add my goals for this month. So sorry if you've already read it:

"Started on a ratio of 17-3-80 1350 cals (my BMR based on LBM is 1395) on Monday & weighed today. 7lb lost! I can't believe it. I have never lost that amount in a month before, ever. As I have not been eating grains or sugar & restricting carbs to 5% for some months now I know it is not all water loss. Its amazing that such a simple change in diet - up the fat & lower the protein should make such a huge change. I was hoping for a lb loss as I have not been exercising at all this week & I thought 1350 cals would be too high. I am totally speechless.

Have now got my exercise plan sorted thanks to PB fitness so hopefully will be able to keep it off next week"

My goals for this month are:

lose 8lb (this would get me into the 11's somewhere I haven't been for 20+ years) & 2% BF
    stick to exercise plan - LHT x3 (the four essential movements level 1, C25k x2 @60% HR, TM sprint x1, walk 10,000 steps/day)

Its been so inspirational reading through this thread. Good luck everybody for Feb

Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    I'm also going to be taking my temperature and when it goes down, I'm going to overeat a pile
    of REAL FOOD carbs. I've been down the zero carb path before and I know that a few months in,
    something goes crazy, so hopefully the carb up will reset that and I can keep on keeping on.
    Can you expand on this a bit pls - I have been very low carb (10-12g) since last march & lost 33lb but in Nov everything just stopped & I gained back 7lb & stabalised (until I started EMF ) so your post has really intrigued me - what does body temp have to do with anything?

Have just found the 'view last unread' button - I like this forum more & more

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal Betty View Post
    How do you determine how many calories you should aim for? MFP is telling me 1200, but that seems oddly low for some reason?
    I suggest you find your BMR from the link in the first post, then multiply that by your Harris Benedict Activity formula. That will give you your daily caloric needs. Aim for 20% below that. I can help if you need it.

Then you set custom goals on MFP based on what you are trying to do not what MFP dictates.

Quote Originally Posted by shrinkinglo View Post
    I THINK I AM GOING MAD

I am trying to work out my percentages but I keep getting confused. Could I ask for some help please?

My stats are:

5ft 5in

Current weight:242 pounds
    Goal weight: 150 pounds
    Calories eaten now: 1600

I do P90X 4-5 times a week

and the weird thing is on MFP you cannot input your goals manually, you can only modify - so how do I input them once they have been worked out?

Thank you
    OK so 68 kg (150lbs)
    68-75 g protein 272 cals 17%
    max 34 g carb 136 cals 8%
    136g fat 1224cals 75%

TTL 1632 cals You could play with the percentages a little. Keep Fat above 70% Carbs 10% or below etc.

***On MFP go to the GOALS tab. Click on Change Goals, then Custom. Input calories, then input percentages. Save.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by aimlow View Post
    I'd like to join!
    Current weight: 135
    Goal: 125
    Daily calorie maintenance:2000
    Calorie goal: 1200
    Carb intake: 25g
    Protie intake: 56g
    The rest fat!

I'd also like to give the shangri la meathod a go. I think the fat intake will help and I'm hoping to control a binging/food obsession issue.

I hope all these numbers look right?
    FYI, If you are burning 2000 cals / day, you may be able to eat more than 1200 if you want/need to. 1400-1600 cals would be
    a good 20-30% below your burn. Good Luck!