Page 129 of 281 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2806

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 129

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Permissive eating day for me today. Dinner out with the hubby to a restaurant WE choose (his work dinner doesn't count as "dinner out" in my mind) in over 4(?) months... going to enjoy it without worrying about every little macro/ingredient. Back on the primal track tomorrow. Thinking homemade cream cheese crepes (cream cheese and eggs) with strawberries, cream cheese and heavy cream. Yum yum yum!! Haven't had that in AGES! And maybe some scrambled eggs and sausage. Shouldn't need to eat again til Sunday. lol

Weight is up 2 lbs (water) after yesterday. Knew it would be. *shrug* onward and upward, right?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shrinkinglo View Post
    PMT = yes that is what we say in england (sorry )

My sister roasted chicken in some oil, so some snuck in.

The butter and olive oil was for the eggs at breakfast.

Ahhh! Totally forgot about putting cream in my coffee. Will remember for tomorrow.

My liver is for dinner tonight, I will use a little for the liver but will use the rest in the cauliflower.

What is MCT again?

I am just about to do an hour of P90X - which uses up alot of calories, so might put a few more spoons of olive oil in with the liver.

I really am trying to get use to eating less protein, but my stomach (and mind) has yet to catch up.

Sorry for the long post.
    No need to apologize for the post, I am sure that P90X changes your macro requirements, but I am not the one to help with that, sorry.

MCT is Medium Chain Triglyceride, it is an oil that is essentially the good stuff from coconut oil, but for me, it mixes much better in my hot and cold liquids (I use a stick blender). It is also a totally flavorless oil. I started using it when I started doing Bullet Proof Coffee.

I use cream/butter/oil in my afternoon teas when I see that I am falling short on fat. I skip it if my fat percentages are looking good. I personally don't eat much meat and what I do is high fat sources. Since you are on MFP, you may want to check other people's diaries who are on this thread and see how they work out their macros, the kinds of meats they eat, etc to get ideas.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Clint and I are going to Logan's Steakhoue for dinner I believe so I am kind of going to eat with abandon for dinner. Tomorrow, I will be back on track though.
    Georgette

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    This week has been good. I haven't come around here in a while because I was in binge mode last week. I gained 10 pounds, and quickly took off 5 lbs. by going back primal. I am still working to get my food in line with EMF, but doing much better.

I also worked out 5 days in a row with my new 22 minute Burstfit.com dvd, with some added treadmill time. I feel really good about it, and hope it will help take the 5 other binge pounds off quickly. My main goal is to under 224 by March 6. We have a wellness thing for our insurance, and last year I was at 224. I am at 226.6 today, so I think I can manage it.

Looks like we have a ton of newcomers and everyone that has been doing it is keeping at it and tweaking it to fit their needs. Congratz and good luck to all.

shrinkinglo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    No need to apologize for the post, I am sure that P90X changes your macro requirements, but I am not the one to help with that, sorry.

MCT is Medium Chain Triglyceride, it is an oil that is essentially the good stuff from coconut oil, but for me, it mixes much better in my hot and cold liquids (I use a stick blender). It is also a totally flavorless oil. I started using it when I started doing Bullet Proof Coffee.

I use cream/butter/oil in my afternoon teas when I see that I am falling short on fat. I skip it if my fat percentages are looking good. I personally don't eat much meat and what I do is high fat sources. Since you are on MFP, you may want to check other people's diaries who are on this thread and see how they work out their macros, the kinds of meats they eat, etc to get ideas.
    Thanks Dem -- I try to choose the fattiest meat possible, I will also start eating salmon as that is quite fatty.

I am definitely going to start putting cream in my morning coffee which will up the fat.

If anyone is reading this that does P90x or anything similar and is on MFP could I link with you and see your diary

Thank you

Also, when you pan fry salmon, you can add cream to the pan with some dill and make a nice pan sauce to help up the fat.

wow, everybody got quiet all of a sudden

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Friday night.

I've been doing research on setting up multiple copepod tanks (one per species) for farming live foods for my reef...
    The Breeder's Net: A Simple How-to On Home Culture Of Copepods — Advanced Aquarist | Aquarist Magazine and Blog
    And probably going to take a nice hot bath with a book.

Hubby is out of town... so that's the level of excitement I get up to on my own!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

I have an experiment in my oven right now, egg muffins wrapped in bacon with cream cheese...We'll see what happens!

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Let us know how it goes. I have been tempted to make some. How did you do it?
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.