Page 128 of 281 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 2806

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 128

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    hey chicka..dont stay away long!
    this
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

something4me is offline Member
    I want to thank everyone for a great thread. I am just completing my fourth day eating low carb/high fat. I started eating primal in December of 2011.

My targets are: 53g protein, 29.5g carbs, 118g fat and 1600 calories per day. Eating low carb isn't as hard for me as not eating as much protein as I was. My goal is 59kg and I'm 5'2-1/2".

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Day 2 of my 3 day Fat Fast & IF n=1

Planned: Cals 1000 Ratio 8-3-89 Actual: Cals 1000 Ratio 8-3-89 Sleep 3.hr dog loo break 1.5hr Went to bed very late which didn't help. Not tired this am though.

Menu:
    Feta Omlette – 2 egg yolks, 20g unsalted butter, 12.5g feta cheese
    Hot Chocolate with 2 tbsp double cream
    Hot Chocolate with 2 tbsp double cream
    Chicken & Mush Soup using homemade stock with 20g unsalted butter
    Coconut Oil 30g -

Exercise: Took dog for 30min walk

Weight: 174lb BMI: 28.03 BF:40.8% Water: 42.1% LBM 5.8%

No weight loss but 0.5lb BF loss & 0.5lb LBM gain. Was a bit hungry last night & very hungry this am but will wait until the allotted time before eating. Stuck to the menu OK. Started eating at 9:30, finished at 17:00 feed window 7:30. Wouldn't want to do this for more than 3 days, especially for so little result. Feel OK mood wise just disappointed in the weight loss.
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 02-15-2013 at 11:11 PM. Reason: can't add up

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Ddraig Goch, Out of curiosity, what are you using to measure BF% and LBM?

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Friday Report I am up 2 lbs this week after having 2 binges and one permissive eating day.

Last weekend, I noticed that I was very fatigued. I posted in my journal for some advice because I knew being tired could cause a sugar binge. I figured out that I was likely dehydrated so I upped my water intake and restarted drinking bouillon.

Unfortunately, my husband and I had plans to go to a party on Sunday. Primal food was scarce. Add to that the fact that we argued before we left home and you had a recipe for a binge. It was my 25th clean day.

Monday was clean, but Tuesday I had a sudden onset night binge. One minute I was sitting in the Living Room, and the next I was in the kitchen shoveling food down my throat. Not sure what happened there. Wednesday, I allowed myself to eat whatever I wanted.
    Believe it or not, yesterday was clean.

This week I plan to drink plenty of water and get back into NK. Binges are a part of my life, but at least on lchf there are fewer of them.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Ddraig Goch, Out of curiosity, what are you using to measure BF% and LBM?
    I use a body fat monitor: This is the one I use which is marketed by the local pharmacy but there are many others available.

Google Image Result for http://www.smallfry.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Lloyds-Body-fat-Monitor-366x243.jpg

When I was a gym member I used to get it measured on a regular basis with their more accurate machine & this one always gave the same results. You do need to use it first thing though as it gives different readings if you use it after eating or drinking. Even though it may not be completely accurate I figure the inaccuracy to any actual figure will be the same all the time so I find it a good way to measure differences even if the actual numbers may be off slightly.

PS: well done on your success with the binging. Having read your journey it seems you are moving forward in the right direction. I think it takes a lot of courage to be as open & honest as you are about your issue & I hope EMF helps you to conquer it once & for all
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 02-15-2013 at 04:01 AM.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiLaPatate View Post
    You are good! My fat was 60g and protein 53g. I still feel weird eating so much fat but will experiment with having double the fat and see how I feel. I had some success with the big protein breakfasts when I was doing the leptin reset a year ago and went back on that with my attempt at VLC. I'll see how it is when I cut down on the protein a bit.
    For me it was a process toward the lower end of the protein and carb numbers, but I worked to get the fat in as soon as I could, ie within a day or 2 of starting. Keeping your fat up is going to keep you from getting hungry. 100g of fat out of 1800 calories is still pretty low. I would suggest that instead of eating carbs "so you can sleep" you try maybe drinking a cup of decaf tea with a tablespoon or 2 of butter, a tablespoon or 2 of MCT (or coconut oil) and maybe a tablespoon or 2 of heavy cream-measurements depend on how much fat you have left to consume. I can tell you that I am a horrible sleeper and lowering my carbs has dramatically improved that. As far as protein goes, that number depending on your source, can be anywhere from .8g/kg goal weight to 1.5g/kg of goal weight, so I have slightly increased that number as I have lowered my carbs even more. My fat intake however remains high. Zero problems now with sleep, hunger, or energy.

Good luck.

shrinkinglo is offline Junior Member
    I need a little guidance

I am due on and I am trying to stop picking at protein, but am fighting a bit of a losing battle.... I am under my fat again today, so want to know what people are doing to combat their PMT problems?

Shall I raise calories or even go down the shot of tasteless oil route?

Thank you

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shrinkinglo View Post
    I need a little guidance

I am due on and I am trying to stop picking at protein, but am fighting a bit of a losing battle.... I am under my fat again today, so want to know what people are doing to combat their PMT problems?

Shall I raise calories or even go down the shot of tasteless oil route?

Thank you
    thinking that PMT is Time Of Month?

Did you already eat your dinner, or is that just what you have planned?

So lets look at what you ate today...

Was your chicken leg fried, or baked, or have any thing extra added to it during cooking or eating (sauce or whatever)?

Same question with your eggs (was that what the butter and olive oil are for)?

Did you drink anything with your breakfast, and did it have any added fats? (ie, cream in coffee)

Same question again with the chicken liver, was the butter for your cauliflower or did you use it to pan fry the liver?

I am first trying to see if some fat snuck in unaccounted for.

I am not a fan of a shot of tasteless fat, I would much rather have something that I really enjoy the taste of. So I would put a tablespoon of MCT into a cup of yummy tea and froth it up before I would consider chugging olive oil.

For me, if I track something before I put it into my mouth, I am better able to control my day. Otherwise I would (and often did before I started this) end up with nothing left to eat but fat, but no calories left. Another thing I try to do is limit my protein intake to 25g per meal, my daily total is 75g and I eat 3 meals so I split it about equally, that helps me keep it in check.

shrinkinglo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    thinking that PMT is Time Of Month?

Did you already eat your dinner, or is that just what you have planned?

So lets look at what you ate today...

Was your chicken leg fried, or baked, or have any thing extra added to it during cooking or eating (sauce or whatever)?

Same question with your eggs (was that what the butter and olive oil are for)?

Did you drink anything with your breakfast, and did it have any added fats? (ie, cream in coffee)

Same question again with the chicken liver, was the butter for your cauliflower or did you use it to pan fry the liver?

I am first trying to see if some fat snuck in unaccounted for.

I am not a fan of a shot of tasteless fat, I would much rather have something that I really enjoy the taste of. So I would put a tablespoon of MCT into a cup of yummy tea and froth it up before I would consider chugging olive oil.

For me, if I track something before I put it into my mouth, I am better able to control my day. Otherwise I would (and often did before I started this) end up with nothing left to eat but fat, but no calories left. Another thing I try to do is limit my protein intake to 25g per meal, my daily total is 75g and I eat 3 meals so I split it about equally, that helps me keep it in check.
    PMT = yes that is what we say in england (sorry )

My sister roasted chicken in some oil, so some snuck in.

The butter and olive oil was for the eggs at breakfast.

Ahhh! Totally forgot about putting cream in my coffee. Will remember for tomorrow.

My liver is for dinner tonight, I will use a little for the liver but will use the rest in the cauliflower.

What is MCT again?

I am just about to do an hour of P90X - which uses up alot of calories, so might put a few more spoons of olive oil in with the liver.

I really am trying to get use to eating less protein, but my stomach (and mind) has yet to catch up.

Sorry for the long post.