Page 127 of 280 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2797

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 127

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Come move to Florida!! Has going grain free helped with all the allergies? I am sorry. That is frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Because of my allergies and asthma, I am not much of an outdoorsy person anymore. I used to be majorly into the outdoors when I was younger, but now not so much now. I'm hoping that EMF will change a lot of this for me. I have never been into puzzles. In regards to boating, I live in the middle of damn Ohio. My dream is to live by the water one day. I love the beach and swimming.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    Come move to Florida!! Has going grain free helped with all the allergies? I am sorry. That is frustrating!
    How will that help? I went to University in Gainesville and my allergist said that 20 year allergy shots are only good for 6-8 years in Gainesville given how allergen heavy the town is. Great town but sucks for the old allergies.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    thats what you bring in!!
    hahaha Had I not been adamant about keeping my keto, I would have totally indulged in something like that. I think what "allowed" me to make this choice is that earlier today I used a ketostick and it was negative for everything - not even a trace - after my binge on coco-chocs Tuesday night. I think I rationalized it in my head that it was Valentine's Day, I hadn't had a cookie since Christmas, they were "gourmet" sugar cookies (and beautiful, I might add), and my keto was gone anyway...

I will probably avoid VLC this weekend, but will work to remain primal. Dinner out with Brad tomorrow night for V-day. We're going here. I haven't eaten here for YEARS! He just discovered it, so of course, it's the most amazing place on the planet. Not sure what I'll get yet. Was hoping for a baked sweet potato, actually, so maybe I'll see if he wants to go here instead.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

GigiLaPatate is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    How long have you been using this method? I know when I was going through the initial shock of VLC I felt hungry ALL THE DAMN TIME! And tired. Oh was I tired. But after about 10 days it seemed to go away. I wasn't hungry all the time (just had that emotional need for munchies b/c it was a certain time of day, or whatnot) and I stopped feeling exhausted. It might just be that you legitimately need a bit more time for things to balance out.
    Hi Jenn - yes, I'm new to VLC - I've been lowish carb for the past year, but with lots of relapses. Even at VLC I'm still not below 50g of carbs. It helps to hear you were hungry at first. Yesterday, even though I had consumed 1800 calories and over 100g fat I was sooo hungry I couldn't sleep and had to have some carbs to get to sleep. And I was also absolutely exhausted for several days, but that's better now. I will keep at it and try to lower my carbs gradually.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Haha, Jenn. I think boyfriend and I are going to Texasroad house on sunday for a social thingy. Probably going to have a potato.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

GigiLaPatate is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    A few things...

Gigi, when I first started I kept my carbs up to a higher level, was careful to keep protein in check, but was diligent about keeping the fat level up. As I got used to that I have slowly lowered my carb level. Without seeing the actual numbers on your breakfast, I am going to guess that the fat and protein are about equal (in grams) and really your fat should be double your protein in grams (give or take). Yes it will take time, but my suggestion is to make sure you are not getting too much protein and too little fat.

You are good! My fat was 60g and protein 53g. I still feel weird eating so much fat but will experiment with having double the fat and see how I feel. I had some success with the big protein breakfasts when I was doing the leptin reset a year ago and went back on that with my attempt at VLC. I'll see how it is when I cut down on the protein a bit.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I am feeling the need to be absent from the forums for a while. Yesterday really got to me. I will be sending positive wishes everyone's way and will be back to celebrate victories and cheer on progress later.

Have fun!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    hahaha Had I not been adamant about keeping my keto, I would have totally indulged in something like that. I think what "allowed" me to make this choice is that earlier today I used a ketostick and it was negative for everything - not even a trace - after my binge on coco-chocs Tuesday night. I think I rationalized it in my head that it was Valentine's Day, I hadn't had a cookie since Christmas, they were "gourmet" sugar cookies (and beautiful, I might add), and my keto was gone anyway...

I will probably avoid VLC this weekend, but will work to remain primal. Dinner out with Brad tomorrow night for V-day. We're going here. I haven't eaten here for YEARS! He just discovered it, so of course, it's the most amazing place on the planet. Not sure what I'll get yet. Was hoping for a baked sweet potato, actually, so maybe I'll see if he wants to go here instead.
    Okoboji looks interesting!! Texas roadhouse is good but I can not go anymore I am allergic to peanuts and between them being in the room and the dust from them, well its not good on either allergy or asthma and I HATE the emergency room!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    hey chicka..dont stay away long!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    They would be satisfying to us, but to those who are used to commercial cupcakes with a 3 inch tall mound of frosting, they would be yucky, I'm sure. I don't need cookies anyway.
    You might be surprised. I sent a bunch of them to my boyfriend's ex-wife's house for their superbowl party, and the people there gobbled them up. They thought they were great.