Page 126 of 280 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2797

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 126

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by mks8500 View Post
    On a thread that is normally so happy and cheerful, I'm going to do my part to make it that today. I MUST share...it's gonna get long so there's your warning.

Yesterday, I finally hit -100lb lost since I had my son almost 8 years ago. At first I was excited, then I was slightly embarrassed because it's taken 8 YEARS!!

Thank you ladies and gentlemen for helping me on MY journey. Happy Valentine's Day.

Megan
    Amazing Valentine's day for you Megan!

And a bit of a gift for me too, because you shared it.
    TY.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Congrats Megan!!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Well said, Megan, and congratulations on such a tremendous weight loss!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Megan, Thanks for sharing. Awesome!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I am Katherine and I am here because I was losing weight on a low calorie diet that turned out to be low in protein, but as I started to exercise more I found my recovery was poor and I lost lean body mass. Eating more protein gave me back my energy, but eating even more has consistently resulted in weight gain or stall no matter how few calories I consume. I am back losing weight now. Or at least I feel I am, but I don't have a scale on the road. In any case, my pants are not tighter. When I get home on Friday I will go back into ketosis and finish off my weight loss.

Goal: size 8, a size I have never been before. Presently: 10 or 12, or a M or L, depending on the brand.

Tonight I am making dinner for my daughter and son-in-law. I made an SCD hazelnut cake, and pot roast. Since I am cooking I got to leave out the potatoes.
    Last edited by eKatherine; 02-14-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Obsessive compulsiveness

Gave in to the frosted sugar cookies... they're by far my favorite cookie EVA... *hangsheadinshame* I hate working in this office b/c people are ALWAYS bringing in cookies and cupcakes and all that jazz b/c my boss absolutely loves them and they want to butter her up. The problem is, instead of just bringing her ONE cupcake or cookie to butter her up, they bring a DOZEN!

Anyhow... my tummy hurts now. And later, so will my gut. (have no fear... I had already lost my ketosis by eating entirely too many coco-chocs the other night).

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps if you bring your own cookies. I made chocolate chip cookies from almond flour, eggs, and a little butter, hardly any sweetening. They were "sweetened" with a few dark chocolate chips. They were tasty and satisfying, but not addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Perhaps if you bring your own cookies. I made chocolate chip cookies from almond flour, eggs, and a little butter, hardly any sweetening. They were "sweetened" with a few dark chocolate chips. They were tasty and satisfying, but not addictive.
    They would be satisfying to us, but to those who are used to commercial cupcakes with a 3 inch tall mound of frosting, they would be yucky, I'm sure. I don't need cookies anyway.

I ate three. I went back for a fourth but my tummy hurts so badly now from all the sugar that I walked away. The crunch of a perfectly baked cookie is not worth it. And to be honest, I ate them too fast to tell you if they were good or not. It was more a texture binge than anything else.

I haven't had any measureable sugar since Christmas so the sugar is really not making me happy. *sigh*

And the gut ramifications I'm sure to experience later tonight or tomorrow have me concerned as well - but what's done is done. Damn these holidays! Why must our society use baked goods to celebrate? Why not chocolate covered strawberries or something?

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    They would be satisfying to us, but to those who are used to commercial cupcakes with a 3 inch tall mound of frosting, they would be yucky, I'm sure. I don't need cookies anyway.

I ate three. I went back for a fourth but my tummy hurts so badly now from all the sugar that I walked away. The crunch of a perfectly baked cookie is not worth it. And to be honest, I ate them too fast to tell you if they were good or not. It was more a texture binge than anything else.

I haven't had any measureable sugar since Christmas so the sugar is really not making me happy. *sigh*

And the gut ramifications I'm sure to experience later tonight or tomorrow have me concerned as well - but what's done is done. Damn these holidays! Why must our society use baked goods to celebrate? Why not chocolate covered strawberries or something?
    thats what you bring in!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Just pick up and move on, jenn. Not worth fussing over. I was just sitting here fighting a battle against potato chips. Those are my comfort. Mom always has them in the house. It has mostly passed now. I was just sitting here think how I may have some at a social event this saturday. Then I thought I probably wont want them by then anyway. Besides. I know I would not just be able to have a handful. It would be the bag. So it's easier to just not go there.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.