Page 124 of 281 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2806

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 124

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Well, frankly, it is because you are better than that. There is no point trying to talk sense to an asshat. You are not an asshat.

I don't generally go to Klan meetings and try to convince them to adopt interracial relationships. I don't go to AA and tell them how good scotch is. I also don't show up at PETA meetings espousing the values of eating meat. Sometimes it is just not worth the hassle.
    +1,ooo

HB, my suggestion is to stay off of the other threads in the forum, where are you picking these people up? Who cares what anyone out there thinks.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I know, you've told me before. I should listen to your wisdom, dontcha think?

Bad Kellie.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Everywhere you go you will find that there are people who feel threatened that the path you have found works for you is not the path that they have chosen, be it weight loss, exercise, or whatever. Seriously, strangers on the street will be glad to tell you that you need to give them a doctor's note in order to get their permission to give up bread.

This morning I got mistaken for my daughter's sister. I am 57 and post-menopausal. Works for me. I don't care what any CICO fan thinks about it,
    Last edited by eKatherine; 02-14-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Out of curiosity I have just read the offending thread (funny how both offending posts have come from the same thread - shame all the agro couldn't have been left over there). Seems to me there is a lot of conflicting info out in the big wide world & there are some points on that thread that make sense even though it is conflicting with the info on this thread. All I know is this thread has made me to finally realize that one size does not fit all & has encouraged me to start taking a proper look at what works for me. I started EMF because:

1) I have spent the last 5 mths stalling on LC with approx 50/50 protein to fat,
    2) extra protein just gets converted to glucose which I want to avoid,
    3) LC makes me feel so good

So it makes sense to me, at this moment in time, to try upping the fat, restricting my cals & track what happens. If after a while it doesn't work for me then I'll know to try something different It's a bit like the 3 day Fat Fast I'm doing - I don't really think it is going to work but for the sake of 3 days of my life its worth a try. Life is a journey & this is just part of it.

Its a shame we all can't lighten up a little, take the information made available to us by everybody else & apply it as we see fit.

PS I am not trying to start another diatribe here - just voicing a considered & impartial opinion

Here's hoping we can soon get back to being a merry little band of EMF practiioners
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 02-14-2013 at 11:03 AM. Reason: PS

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    basically its diet, religion, and politics where I see the most adamant "believers" and where honestly there is the least amount of "proof" available.

It is less than a week ago that I was mistaken for being 20 years younger than I am, for me, I think the fat is filling in the wrinkles but I'll take it. Never for my daughter's sister though, congrats on that! I am 54, she is 20

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I am finding it difficult to track today as well. Hard to track soup. I have probably maxed my carbs or gone a little over. I KNOW I am short fat and protein. This evening will end with some BPC. I am still eating primally today but tracking is off because its just not a normal day since I am stuck in the classroom until 7:30pm tonight.

+1

me too.. feeling left out..LOL

Welcome to our merry little EMF band!

PM me details
    found it- nevermind not venturing there again. psh..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    +1,ooo

HB, my suggestion is to stay off of the other threads in the forum, where are you picking these people up? Who cares what anyone out there thinks.
    Well, I can tell you why I was in that thread (and I did not respond to that persons post directly)...
    I was trying, yet again, through civilized conversation, to convince Choco that HFLC is a valid method for some people... his statement in that thread was that he does not believe that fat satiety exists and that all of us are getting full off protein and veg VOLUME... it kind of blows my mind that he doesn't understand at all that the volume of food consumed really decreases with increased fat intake and increased satiety levels for the people that it works for.

It boggles my mind.

In case any of you here are curious I actually came to HFLC kind of backwards.
    First of all I have a brain issue that eating LC helps to control... but I only found that after sort of after having to up my fats some already. It just encouraged me to take the HFLC more seriously.
    For quite a while I was following the guru advice around here, people like Choco, who were all... eat leaner etc. And I did. But I have terrible food volume issues which I think are caused by my medical issues. If I eat solid foods early in the day I get really ill and feel like I'll vomit, so I don't. And the amount of solid food I eat has a pretty strict limit. A certain size portion of protein, and a some leeway with vegetables depending on how solid or juicy they are. But there is the limit. If I over eat I will be sick... I will be either miserable for hours, or it will come back up. I pretty much eat one meal per day. Occasionally I have a snack during the day as well...
    But even the thought of eating any large volume of food, or eating at times I'm not accustomed to eating, makes me feel ill.

What happend following the "eat lean" advice was that I wasn't tracking... I lost a little weight then I stopped, and I got tired, and I slept all the time, like 14 hours a day. And I felt like eating less and less. Because I was eating WAY too few calories. I'm 5'9 and about 200lbs(was more then) and was eating maybe 700-800 cal a day, some days closer to 1000... but really never over that. Eating the fattiest cuts of meat I can, and adding fat like butter to my limited volume of veg is how I am able to get the calories up to a decent level in the amount I can comfortably eat.

Weird, and kind of the opposite of a lot of people here... but still, a valid issue.
    The low carb issues has to do with brain pressure... as we all here know carb consumption causes water weight fluctuations... because my body doesn't process my intracranial fluid properly holding extra water is very bad and increases my brain pressure. Keeping my carbs LOW really helps with this.
    That's also why I have to do low/no salt, to prevent water retention.
    ...and take mag and potassium supplements daily... my brain medication depletes my mag and K like CRAZY!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    I read the thread too. I was frustrated. At one point choco really had me thinking LCHF was wrong. I have been doing this for two weeks. The first week I didn't weigh. The second week, based on this morning's weigh in, I'm down 8 pounds. It's working for now. When it stops, I'll change something.

I am so bad for wanting to jump ship. I will say, ya'll should try EMF in combo with shangri-la. Craziest thing ever. I use the SL method for early work morning. No way I can eat 230 in the morning, but I can down a shot of oil which keeps me not hungry until I can make it home.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad you found a viable treatment for your condition, Cori. I can't imagine the headaches you must have endured!

I started to read the thread and then said to hell with it. It's just added stress I don't want, nor need.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I attempted to look at the questionable thread but could feel my impatience with it rear its ugly head so I had to let it go. Breathing is getting on my nerves right now.
    Georgette